Armed Robbery: Thai Police Offer Bt1m Reward

webfact

Bt1m reward offered in manhunt

The Nation

30185116-01_big.jpg

30185116-03_big.jpg

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- Police yesterday announced that they would offer a Bt1million reward to anyone who can provide information that leads to the arrest of two armed robbers and at least 80 per cent retrieval of the Bt6 millionworth of gold ornaments stolen from a shop in Prachuap Khiri Khan's Thap Sakae district.

After the two armed suspects raided the Thong Ngam Silpa 2 gold shop at 3pm on Wednesday, Provincial Police Region 7 deputy chief Pol MajGeneral Pulsab Prasertsak met the investigating team and helped analyse the security camera footage.

Pulsab said the robbers appeared to be welltrained in the use of shotguns and the raid took less than two minutes before they sped away on a red and black Honda CB400 motorbike. Photos of the suspects and the bike have been distributed among police officers, media and the neighbourhood.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-29

Ever notice that the rewards for the high profile robberies are significantly greater than they are for high profile murder cases?

In this case the money comes from the shop owner. In the other case maybe from the government or police... i guess.

• Like 1

I wonder why they are using CCTV video stills from 2000, 12 years ago? Were there CCTV cameras in the shop that just got robbed?

Or am I missing something from these shots in the lead story?

Looks to me that it's the date on the TV set not from the cam. The cops probably couldn't set it up before the media conference..

Brazen. Hope they don't spawn a bunch of copy-cat jobs. Every town in Thailand has gold shops - even more numerous than 7-11's. Many are open to the streets. 3 p.m. middle of the day, just before rush hour. Could have been an inside job.

A "well-trained" robber. Something that is rarely observed in Thailand. Usually they are bunglers and Keystone Cop types. Gang who couldn't shoot straight.

Well trained in the use of firearms they said on TV, suggesting police or army.

Edited by CHANGOVER

Ever notice that the rewards for the high profile robberies are significantly greater than they are for high profile murder cases?

In this case the money comes from the shop owner. In the other case maybe from the government or police... i guess.

Police yesterday announced that 'they' would offer a Bt1million reward to anyone who can provide information

It probably does comes from the shop owner but reports here say the police would offer 1 million Baht.

Either way, how much would the shop owner and/or police offer if a member of staff not related to the family was shot and killed?

Also, if I found less than 80% of the gold, etc, should I just keep it as I'm not eligible for the reward?

A "well-trained" robber. Something that is rarely observed in Thailand. Usually they are bunglers and Keystone Cop types. Gang who couldn't shoot straight.

So did the TV suggest police or army ?....or is this your spin on it ?.....well trained in the use of firearms could mean anything...

So did the TV suggest police or army ?....or is this your spin on it ?.....well trained in the use of firearms could mean anything...

Yeap, usually means police or army.

How much was the reward for the murderers of the Australian lady in Phuket? Was is 300,000 Baht?

How much is the reward for these thieves (and 80% of their merchandise back)? 1 million?

It's as if money is worth more than human life.

You beat me to the punch there. That was my first thought one second after I saw the headline......

On a side note, I have always wondered why there were not 10 gold shops a day being robbed. On a risk reward basis it is ideal. You have a place with easy street access, millions of baht of gold there, and some old Chinese lady sitting behind the counter.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Yeap, usually means police or army.

Does it really...so definitely not one of the Thai nationals who have firearms and use firing ranges very frequently then ?

Why not the Navy or the airforce, they are also well trained in the use of firearms ?

How much was the reward for the murderers of the Australian lady in Phuket? Was is 300,000 Baht?

How much is the reward for these thieves (and 80% of their merchandise back)? 1 million?

Because she was a foreigner. We are devalued in the eyes of Thai's yet we provide a great deal of income for alot of Thai's especially in the tourism sector of which this lady promoted. Greed trumps human life in Thailand. That's ok....Karma baby, Karmacoffee1.gif

Does it really...so definitely not one of the Thai nationals who have firearms and use firing ranges very frequently then ?

Why not the Navy or the airforce, they are also well trained in the use of firearms ?

Okay, it was a Thai national with a firearm, navy or air force. What's your point?

Someone speculated it could be army or police and you're speculating it could be anyone. it's called 'speculating'.

Because she was a foreigner. We are devalued in the eyes of Thai's yet we provide a great deal of income for alot of Thai's especially in the tourism sector of which this lady promoted. Greed trumps human life in Thailand. That's ok....Karma baby, Karmacoffee1.gif

Off-course its all about the money, I am surprised that you are surprised about that?? The whole world is driven by money.

Do you think the USA kicked Saddam out of Kuwait because they felt sorry for the people in Kuwait? Try oil (money).

I wonder why they are using CCTV video stills from 2000, 12 years ago? Were there CCTV cameras in the shop that just got robbed?

Or am I missing something from these shots in the lead story?

I have a dedicated CCTV security system at our lab and whenever there is a power failure long enough to exhaust the UPS the device date and time clears to 2000. Bad design not to have an internal battery for the clock.

well trained in fire arms means holding the gun in the right way: the barrel forwards, not pointed towards yourself. Their position on the CCTV camera looks OK for me: well trained!

You should see Chalerm's son's how they are well trained in shooting at short, very short range...