New Draconian Property Law To Deport Foreigners Who "Owns" Land Illegally

You are known for giving false and misleading information, I have read many previous corrections being made to previous posts of yours by various people.

Jealous? now there are threads running "Health and Fitness " and so forth on Thai Visa,I would suggest you look up something with mental health as a sub topic........to accuse anybody of jealousy of somebody in your position is likened to a baby with a dummy in its mouth having a tantrum .

Your on your own on this one,go shake your rattle

What he fails to mention, he is involved in the real estate business.

I am still waiting for him to get back to me with the locations I can make the 9% pa he talks about.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When has the Thai government ever followed through with anything? This is just another crackdown to feed the press until they get bored with writing up the nothing that follows.. Then it's back to clearing teak trees in the national parks to build the next golf club.

Rent is wasted money..why pay someone elses mortgage...nough said, end of discussion!tongue.png

Only if you are too stupid to learn how to invest.

Well, if you buy instead of rent you're essentially a perfect 12-month-per-year tenant saving yourself in the region of 5% to 10%pa on your outlay in rent, with the capital outlay being hedged against inflation.

As a pretty savvy investor I'd love to know where I can invest at that return Tommo.

I'm serious......I have a few hundred grand I'd like to get (5 to 10%) + say 5% inflation, so 10 to 15% on

If you could reply in some detail I'd be truly grateful (12.5% will do nicely thankyou!)

In anticipation and gratitude,

Cheeryble

Not many daft enough to pay 10% on the house value in Thailand as rent, at 5% I would be making a profit on renting.

Buying a condo in Thailand gives you no capital protection against inflation (most times just the opposite)

You can get 5.5% from many Banks in Australia, I get 8% with a regular savings account in the UK (First Direct) I don't use my pension ...... so why not save at 8%?

http://www1.firstdir...savings-account

8% and upwards, plenty of low-risk bonds available in Hong Kong and Singapore

12% the bonds are getting a bit riskier ...... I'm happy with 8%

My property investment advice.

Find a nice Thai lady that already owns a house you like (maybe a car as well, and a business)

Move in and pay no rent at all.

It's what I did, how cost effective is that?

(and I know several more respectable ladies with business, house and car looking for guys)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

When has the Thai government ever followed through with anything? This is just another crackdown to feed the press until they get bored with writing up the nothing that follows.. Then it's back to clearing teak trees in the national parks to build the next golf club.

You see the Thai govt need not do anything,anything at all in confiscation,no need to send in the bulldozers,it has one trump card to play,that is close down the land offices to any farang purchaser,as now being practised.

The house withers on the vine ,sorta speak,no one buying,nobody selling. By default a house depreciates in so many ways after a while,bad neighbours,house falls to bits, music bar opens up next door,flooding etc,break ins, nobody paying community fees , the place looks as though a bomb has hit it, for many owners will get fed up and sell,farang (house blocked) will have to put up with this until a freaking screw ball and is carted off to the looney bin

The house will still be there too owned by farang as and when visa rules change,but by then the new tenants will be snakes and rats

Edited by cockerdoodledo

You see the Thai govt need not do anything,anything at all in confiscation,no need to send in the bulldozers,it has one trump card to play,that is close down the land offices to any farang purchaser,as now being practised.

It's even easier than that, just refuse that particular foreigner a Visa (or extension) no explanation needed.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The house withers on the vine ,sorta speak,no one buying,nobody selling. By default a house depreciates in so many ways after a while,bad neighbours,house falls to bits, music bar opens up next door,flooding etc,break ins, nobody paying community fees , the place looks as though a bomb has hit it, for many owners will get fed up and sell,farang (house blocked) will have to put up with this until a freaking screw ball and is carted off to the looney bin

The house will still be there too owned by farang as and when visa rules change,but by then the new tenants will be snakes and rats

and then the envious poor farang, who does not own a pot to piss in, will live happily ever after in his rented shack and feel great.

av-11672.gif

• Like 1

Which land offices are practicing this and since when?

Rent is wasted money..why pay someone elses mortgage...nough said, end of discussion!tongue.png

Only if you are too stupid to learn how to invest.

Well, if you buy instead of rent you're essentially a perfect 12-month-per-year tenant saving yourself in the region of 5% to 10%pa on your outlay in rent, with the capital outlay being hedged against inflation.

As a pretty savvy investor I'd love to know where I can invest at that return Tommo.

I'm serious......I have a few hundred grand I'd like to get (5 to 10%) + say 5% inflation, so 10 to 15% on

If you could reply in some detail I'd be truly grateful (12.5% will do nicely thankyou!)

In anticipation and gratitude,

Cheeryble

Not many daft enough to pay 10% on the house value in Thailand as rent, at 5% I would be making a profit on renting.

Buying a condo in Thailand gives you no capital protection against inflation (most times just the opposite)

You can get 5.5% from many Banks in Australia, I get 8% with a regular savings account in the UK (First Direct) I don't use my pension ...... so why not save at 8%?

http://www1.firstdir...savings-account

8% and upwards, plenty of low-risk bonds available in Hong Kong and Singapore

12% the bonds are getting a bit riskier ...... I'm happy with 8%

My property investment advice.

Find a nice Thai lady that already owns a house you like (maybe a car as well, and a business)

Move in and pay no rent at all.

It's what I did, how cost effective is that?

(and I know several more respectable ladies with business, house and car looking for guys)

8% on a max contribution of 300 quid a month giving a return after savings tax of a whopping 112 quid...right less than a tenner a month. My exact point. renters just havnt got the capitol to buy somewhere and still having sufficient funds to live.

I believe you will find that he is referring to one particular farang managed company in Pattaya that annoyed Land Office officials a few months ago. Do not know if they have managed to resolve matters.

I read some of the purchasing/renting war going on here, for me it was best to purchase a house (30 year lease) as I got a family here and I know my wife don't want to life anywhere else. This quite big house is now almost as we want it after spending another 1 mill bath or so.

The house is not really bought as an investment but more like a nice place for us to live in. Our moo baan is very carefully chosen and I know I can sell the house here relatively easy if I want (okay loose maybe a bit, but never mind). My wife will automatically inherit the house when I am gone which gives me peace in mind and she and the kids will not be without means.

All to their own.

I believe you will find that he is referring to one particular farang managed company in Pattaya that annoyed Land Office officials a few months ago. Do not know if they have managed to resolve matters.

That is as i understood it too, just thought he might have known something else.

The house is not really bought as an investment but more like a nice place for us to live in. Our moo baan is very carefully chosen and I know I can sell the house here relatively easy if I want (okay loose maybe a bit, but never mind). My wife will automatically inherit the house when I am gone which gives me peace in mind and she and the kids will not be without means.

I think you will find it impossible to sell that house without your wife's agreement (and signature).

In effect, YOU can't sell the house.

And you're understanding of 'when I am gone' might not be the same as her understanding of 'when you are gone'.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

8% on a max contribution of 300 quid a month giving a return after savings tax of a whopping 112 quid...right less than a tenner a month. My exact point. renters just havnt got the capitol to buy somewhere and still having sufficient funds to live.

How do you work that out?

You are known for giving false and misleading information, I have read many previous corrections being made to previous posts of yours by various people.

Jealous? now there are threads running "Health and Fitness " and so forth on Thai Visa,I would suggest you look up something with mental health as a sub topic........to accuse anybody of jealousy of somebody in your position is likened to a baby with a dummy in its mouth having a tantrum .

Please quote these corrections if you are referring to me? Time again I have said if renting suits you or anybody that is fine, dosnt bother me but you and others seem to direct so much venom towards people that have purchased properties here...explain why? If you cant explain then it must be the simple reason you cant afford to buy.

Correction 124 quid so a whopping 10.30 pence a month., Where, apart from banking with First Direct, its also actually on the link you posted...smile.png

Edited by PattayaPhom

Correction 124 quid so a whopping 10.30 pence a month., Where, apart from banking with First Direct, its also actually on the link you posted...smile.png

No, how did you work out I don't have enough money to buy a house (via nominee) in Thailand?

PS. I don't rent a house either, I live in my wife's house, no rent and I didn't buy it.

Marrying a woman who owns nothing then subsequently having to pay for everything (whether buying or renting) seems like a mugs game to me. Not everyone sleeps with the homeless and pennyless.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I think you will find it impossible to sell that house without your wife's agreement (and signature).

In effect, YOU can't sell the house.

And you're understanding of 'when I am gone' might not be the same as her understanding of 'when you are gone'.

Correct, but I didn't buy the house to sell it!

I will prefer you don't talk bad about my wife, many expat/Thai marriages here are very good, especially when kids are involved, thanks.

No, how did you work out I don't have enough money to buy a house (via nominee) in Thailand?

PS. I don't rent a house either, I live in my wife's house, no rent and I didn't buy it.

Marrying a woman who owns nothing then subsequently having to pay for everything (whether buying or renting) seems like a mugs game to me. Not everyone sleeps with the homeless and pennyless.

And not everyone has to travel half way round the world to find a woman that is willing to have them, they can easily find someone in their home country. Your comments show you have no respect whatesoever for women and seem to be very self cetered. We are now going off topic so, lets leave it at you prefer to sponge off the fairer sex while others prefer to strive for a better life and purchase their property thus providing a home for themselves and any family they may have, the same applies if someones circumstances deem they wish to rent.

I will prefer you don't talk bad about my wife, many expat/Thai marriages here are very good, especially when kids are involved, thanks.

Most marriages are very good, until the time when they are a disaster.

In the west the divorce rate is 50%, Thai/foreigner marriage stats are considerably worse.

Having children doesn't seem to affect the percentage of divorces.

But as you say, your wife is different, and who am I to comment on that.

And not everyone has to travel half way round the world to find a woman that is willing to have them, they can easily find someone in their home country.

Not if they want one half their age.

Anyway back on topic, foreigners are not allowed to own land in Thailand, or circumvent such laws.

As many people have clearly demonstrated in this thread they are buying land using nominees.

They should all have future VISAs refused IMHO.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Which land office is not practising the allowed purchase by company route?,by my information they all are

Please quote these corrections if you are referring to me? Time again I have said if renting suits you or anybody that is fine, dosnt bother me but you and others seem to direct so much venom towards people that have purchased properties here...explain why? If you cant explain then it must be the simple reason you cant afford to buy.

There is a poster (not me) who follows you constantly,you know who he is,he has had you posting blanks ie nothing on the postings at all to save yourself the embarrassment of again being put to the sword.

This thread is nothing about buying,it is about punishing the guilty who bought through fake and illegal means,is this you?

Which land office is not practising the allowed purchase by company route?,by my information they all are

As this is an important issue please provide the facts supporting your post - thankssmile.png

As this is an important issue please provide the facts supporting your post - thankssmile.png

banglamung land office. If you are about to state that bribing a member of staff at the office has allowed the selling of such property,I would be pleased to hear of it ,as I will communicate the information to the appropiate authorities in Bangkok Thank You Edited by cockerdoodledo

And not everyone has to travel half way round the world to find a woman that is willing to have them, they can easily find someone in their home country.

Not if they want one half their age.

Anyway back on topic, foreigners are not allowed to own land in Thailand, or circumvent such laws.

As many people have clearly demonstrated in this thread they are buying land using nominees.

They should all have future VISAs refused IMHO.

If you think people buying land this way should have their visa refused, how do you feel about the vast numbers of people circumventing Immigration laws by having ED visas and never studying, should these people also have their visa refused, and what about no driving licence, should you be deported for driving without a licence, or drink driving. I take it you agree that any foreigner caught breaking ANY law should be deported?

If you are about to state that bribing a member of staff at the office has allowed the selling of such property,I would be pleased to hear of it ,as I will communicate the information to the appropiate authorities in Bangkok Thank You

most participants of this thread must be pleased to know that "right honourable gentlemen" (like you) exist.

post-35218-0-34911300-1342187180.gif

There is a poster (not me) who follows you constantly,you know who he is,he has had you posting blanks ie nothing on the postings at all to save yourself the embarrassment of again being put to the sword.

This thread is nothing about buying,it is about punishing the guilty who bought through fake and illegal means,is this you?

Thats a good point, so do you also think with such animosity that any foreigner breaking any law should be punished? I take it your visa is a legal one, not underhand payments at immigration or phoney ED visa. You never buy a beer in restricted hours, drive on the wrong side of the road or without a helmet. You are a total law abising citezen?

This subject always brings out the vindictive posters, basically because they havent got a pot to pee in and are jealous. If you prefer renting thats fine, thats your choice if it suits you but its the sheer nastiness of posts made that amazes me, There must be some ulteria reason for it and that is simply lack of money o

What nonsense. I cant speak for anyone else but I can pretty well guarantee that my pot is many times larger than yours is. And also I know the best way to use mine, and that isn't by buying overpriced property in a country in which I dont have right of abode.

3% max in a bank account...nah.my pots bigger than your pot. Again, why do renters hate purchasers so much. If people wish to rent as it suits them thats fine with me but it suited me to purchase yet renters have some kind of anger directed at me and others and that stems from them having little pots

I don't think renters "hate" purchasers. They're just pointing out that unless it's a condo, a FARANG can't OWN a house in Thailand, whatever mental excuses they make to try and avoid admitting that it's they that paid for something that can be taken away from them at any time without compensation.

Seems like pretty irrational behaviour to me!

• Like 1

Thats a good point, so do you also think with such animosity that any foreigner breaking any law should be punished? I take it your visa is a legal one, not underhand payments at immigration or phoney ED visa. You never buy a beer in restricted hours, drive on the wrong side of the road or without a helmet. You are a total law abising citezen?

I buy beer in unrestricted hours, drive on the wrong side of the road, too pissed to do otherwise once pissed, I get a 30 day entry when coming to Thailand and if I stay longer than 30 days I just give my passport to someone and pay whatever and it comes back with an extention, last time I did it I got an extra 37 days which covered me until I flew home, I'm a totally law abiding person when coming to Thailand, I pay my way as the CORRUPT officials allow me to and that's what I love about Thailand.

Would I ever buy a house in Thailand, NO NO NO, for what,???.

I buy beer in unrestricted hours, drive on the wrong side of the road, too pissed to do otherwise once pissed, I get a 30 day entry when coming to Thailand and if I stay longer than 30 days I just give my passport to someone and pay whatever and it comes back with an extention, last time I did it I got an extra 37 days which covered me until I flew home, I'm a totally law abiding person when coming to Thailand, I pay my way as the CORRUPT officials allow me to and that's what I love about Thailand.

Would I ever buy a house in Thailand, NO NO NO, for what,???.

I'm sorry but you drive drunk on the wrong side of the road and then say you are a law abiding citizen? You must be drunk now.

Edited by Jayman