New Uk Passport...New Number...

Whilst I am in the UK over the next few months, I am considering renewing my passport because my current one is getting full. My new passport will have a new number.

When I return to Thailand, what do I do about my Thai marriage Certificate and my Thai 5yr Driving Licence which both carry my current passport number as identification?

Crossy, FYI, they change the number on subsequent drivers licenses when you come in with a new passport. At least they've done so with mine over several of them. Then with I got a Yellow Tambien Ban, the gal at the local LTD smiled, and asked if she could use that number as it will not change, and is registered at the amphur, thus in the MoI database.

Mac

Interesting, they've not changed my DL number and I've been through 3 passports since I got my 1 year licence.

Could be different offices do things different ways, not exactly unusual for Thailand.

Either way, our OP doesn't actually have to do anything when he returns :)

Interesting, they've not changed my DL number and I've been through 3 passports since I got my 1 year licence.

Could be different offices do things different ways, not exactly unusual for Thailand.

Either way, our OP doesn't actually have to do anything when he returns smile.png

When I got my new Passport I went to the driving licence center and got my licence updated with the new passport number. Cost me about 120Baht. I just don't want any hassel with anyone if I have to produce both at any time.

Actually I had to yesterday as am going on an organised trip to Laos.

In a Dutch passport the sentence: "This passport replaces the passport with #xxxxxxxx" printed next to the name page.

Since the passport has a validity of 5 years, it will cover the validity of the driving-license. So, next time you're going to renew your DL they automatically take the new passport-#.

Don't know about the marriage certificate.