Quality Of Thai Milk

JimmyTheMook

I had given up on milk here until I found Meiji. My stomach dont tolerate the other brands and I think its also a bad smell from many brands when opening the bottles even if the bottle are well inside of the best before date. If milk smell like that back home its old and simply damaged.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can something made out of so much disgusting animal suffering and that represent everything that is wrong in our food industry can be labelled "quality" ?

Absolutely disgusting.I hope these people have been charged and convicted and the farm involved been barred from carrying on in the industry.There is another video showing that someone was charged but I think it may have been another property.

Have you ever asked your kids what they think of the school milk? My daughter said they all cringe when the milk comes out. So I tried it. UHT stuff. It smelled like death. I spoke to the teacher and had her excused from having to drink it. We drink the Meiji bottled stuff. It may be 50/50 with powder but I find it consistent and better than all the others, provided you get it with a long shelf life. Halve the shelf life and use it up to that date, no problem.

Have you ever asked your kids what they think of the school milk? My daughter said they all cringe when the milk comes out. So I tried it. UHT stuff. It smelled like death. I spoke to the teacher and had her excused from having to drink it. We drink the Meiji bottled stuff. It may be 50/50 with powder but I find it consistent and better than all the others, provided you get it with a long shelf life. Halve the shelf life and use it up to that date, no problem.

Was it milk or soy-milk ?

Im am surprised with the responses for Dutch Mill.

I thought tastes just as good as what they have in Australia. To me, the others are crap.

Meji does it for me. Having my flakes with it about every morning.

Sour, vomiting huh.png ?

Hm, seems tastes are different.

Your fridge is OK?

Yes, it would appear that taste is a matter of taste. To me Dutch Mill tastes just like milk that has gone bad. And no it's not my fridge. I tried it more than once.

I like Dutch Mill over the other brands personally.

It tastes like milk back home, the others I wouldnt touch.

Are you Dutch then? Is milk normally incredibly sour from weere you are from?

Edited by NomadJoe

just been to the source and can confirm thailand has dairy cows and real milk

at farm chok chai1b37046b-78a7-06bc.jpg

Sent from my HTC on the back of a cow

post-92327-134233902315_thumb.jpg

Edited by eeeya

i just sat through a little show of the facility and they explained the processes of pasturisation and homoginisation and the use by date was 7 days after this process

Sent from my HTC One X using Thaivisa Connect App

OK. So where can one buy their milk? Its certainly not one of the big brands that are easily obtainable.

Edited by F1fanatic

i just sat through a little show of the facility and they explained the processes of pasturisation and homoginisation and the use by date was 7 days after this process

OK. So where can one buy their milk? Its certainly not one of the big brands that are easily obtainable.

Chokchai milk is available at Big C,Tops, Tesco-lotus and even some 7/11's sell it.

http://www.farmchokchai.com/en/index_content.php?content_id=81

doesn't google make the internet that little bit more navigable.

• Like 1

Meji from stocking at outlets to ex. date is about 2 weeks. Not sure what the others are. The 2 weeks does require some unknown additives, just to get kind of shelf life. As I mentioned before I have no fath what so ever in packaging, label, orgin, nor handling of any product sold for consumption, in Thailand.

I have visited several egg, milk, and meat (pig and chicken) producing operations as well as the butcher facilities in northern Thailand, and every single one, was a stomach turner. There is virtually no government monitoroing for any compliance to the guidelines published, much less the transport, and subsquent handling, packaging of the end product.

just down the road was one of the thai/danish milk farms. beautiful looking cows, rolling green pastures. Not the issan buffalo scratching at the dirt image like some on here imagine. only 150km away from bangkok.

Edited by eeeya

Meji from stocking at outlets to ex. date is about 2 weeks. Not sure what the others are. The 2 weeks does require some unknown additives, just to get kind of shelf life.

You are wrong , its 2 weeks alright , but you don't need additives , it's the pasteurization process that does it,

What is pasteurization?

You heat the milk to a specific temperature for a predefined length of time and then immediately cooling it after it is removed from the heat. This process slows spoilage due to microbial growth.

Meji is probably the best fresh milk you can buy in Thailand.

But the pasteurization process is different than in Europe , where most of the milk will last for up to 1 week only .

Edited by balo

Meji from stocking at outlets to ex. date is about 2 weeks. Not sure what the others are. The 2 weeks does require some unknown additives, just to get kind of shelf life.

You are wrong , its 2 weeks alright , but you don't need additives , it's the pasteurization process that does it,

What is pasteurization?

You heat the milk to a specific temperature for a predefined length of time and then immediately cooling it after it is removed from the heat. This process slows spoilage due to microbial growth.

Meji is probably the best fresh milk you can buy in Thailand.

But the pasteurization process is different than in Europe , where most of the milk will last for up to 1 week only .

heat to 70 degrees for 16 seconds

then quickly cool to 4 degrees

• 2 weeks later...

Previous purchase was Meiji which to me tasted like the real thing.Liked it and went into Lotus for more but they had none so I purchased Chokchai.While it is not bad ,it had that different flavour which made me think maybe it had a percentage of powdered milk included.

Edited by Ron19

Previous purchase was Meji which to me tasted like the real thing.Liked it and went into Lotus for more but they had none so I purchased Chokchai.While it is not bad ,it had that different flavour which made me think maybe it had a percentage of powdered milk included.

you are aware that a difference in feed will make a difference in the taste of milk?

Previous purchase was Meji which to me tasted like the real thing.Liked it and went into Lotus for more but they had none so I purchased Chokchai.While it is not bad ,it had that different flavour which made me think maybe it had a percentage of powdered milk included.

you are aware that a difference in feed will make a difference in the taste of milk?

Yes,I am aware as I have stated in a previous post and may well be the reason.