Taking Goods Out Of Thailand

playyer

I though about bringing some stuff with me from thai to sell in my home country when i fly home in a couple of days. About 5 000 baht worth of small wooden figures to hang in gardens. Will be about 250 units i guess. Is that safe with the customs in thailand ? Its quite obvious that i intend to sell in my home country. Anybody know ?

Thanks !

I expect you will have a problem. Because you are taking 250 wooden units to sell... the thai customs will require some form of paper work and there may be a cost.

Also, some countries will not allow wood to be imported as it may carry borers or parisites. So it could be subject to fumigation requirements and they may be kept for a couple of weeks.

It depends on your home country regarding laws and amounts on import duty.

You will need to check the amount, if any is payable.

imo.

wai.gif

I don't think you'll have a problem here, it's when you land and clear customs in your destination country. Who knows, could just get passed through.

But for sure, lots of wood could be a problem. I have a friend who had his shipment detained for 2 months while they cleared it for "bugs".

some of the paint they use on the wood will, make the drug dogs alert.

then they will drill a hole or two in a few pieces . then if they don't find anything you'll be good to go.

I had some wooden stuff shipped,they x-rayed all the pieces.

the reason the said was some of the wood pieces could be hollowed out with drugs inside.

Don't try to export Buddha Images.

If you don't declare in Uk,you could end up with heavy charges.

I guess you have bought wooden animals with feathers.

Good item ,Good luck

OK. I go through the airport or the local open air market and they have small 100 baht or less Buddha key rings. Some are "glass" jade looking, some are wooden, some are plastic. made in thailand probably. Has anybody bought these and if so, are there any issues taking them home? I understand the general intent of the Buddha images laws, but I have a hard time believing that applies to these little trinkets.