Observation...

I'm not going to generalise because I know there are hard-working responsible Thai guys out there. However, I get my hair cut by a Thai lady whose husband squats on the floor at the back of her shop (in full view of customers) drinking Thai whisky and watching television. Occasionally he gets quite vocal and aggressive, shouting at whatever program he's watching. His wife takes it all in her stride and accepts the fact that her husband is a total drunk and layabout. I imagine he would drink away the better part of whatever she makes.

I'm moving this over to the Pub. And let's not forget forum rules:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

My wife's sister is in the same boat. Works 12 hours a day with 2 days off a month and her 'husband' does bugger all. Just takes money and goes off for 3 days at a time, often not leaving enough for her to feed their kid. Lovely man.

Well, what prompted this was a discussion a few nights since between my wife and a few of her pals (one of whom is a rampant feminist and too stunning for words)

They were all being really down on Thai blokes in general and all saying how lucky the missus was to have a bloke like me (as I slobbed on the sofa in my playroom in me shorts watching Jaws and drinking cocktails) so I chirped up that all the blokes on our estate at at my office are all really nice hard working blokes and that theirs was a staggering generalisation...

The snorts of ire and looks of contempt I got were mortifying. The hot feminist lass demanded I go with her on her bike for a short ride. She took me down the local market and asked what percentage of blokes were working as opposed to just slobbing about...

I must admit she had a point but couldn't counter the argument that maybe they (the blokes) had been grafting all day - she just snorted again - and glared at me....but it was a bike trip I enjoyed thoroughly...

Edited by HeavyDrinker

I thought this is what men are supposed to do - be real slobs, then put their lives on the line in an emergency. Women love slobs, it gives them plenty to moan about, and as long as you <deleted> them now and then there'll be no problem. Or am I wrong?

I thought this is what men are supposed to do - be real slobs, then put their lives on the line in an emergency. Women love slobs, it gives them plenty to moan about, and as long as you <deleted> them now and then there'll be no problem. Or am I wrong?

I'd not like to speculate. BUt would you like to put your money where your mouth is, and let us offer your girlfriend a choice?

SC

God, not another one. Where do you odd balls come from ?.sad.png
  • Like 1

Well I can only report my personal experiences on the Thai guy I know best (my 9 month old son).

Today he's been out to a bar with me (boys day out while mum attends high-school), had some beer Chang (only a couple of small sips), felt the boobs of three or four hookers, then slept and fooled around the rest of the day.

I would say he was well on track to being a regular Thai guy.

Edited by TommoPhysicist