Samlor

sucher

Thai people frown upon farangs using samlors. Just another case of coming here and flouting the law. No different to a drink driver or speeder.

Whos going to stop them? the cops?

Of course not.

Just like drink driving and speeding isn't and that's why farangs do it.

Police never fine the Thai samlor drivers because they are generally junk/trash rummagers or namkangman.

Still think farangs should stop breaking the law and buy a proper mode of transport. Not mimmick thailands poorest.

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai people frown upon farangs using samlors. Just another case of coming here and flouting the law. No different to a drink driver or speeder.

Whos going to stop them? the cops?

Of course not.

Just like drink driving and speeding isn't and that's why farangs do it.

Police never fine the Thai samlor drivers because they are generally junk/trash rummagers or namkangman.

Still think farangs should stop breaking the law and buy a proper mode of transport. Not mimmick thailands poorest.

Its the poor farangs who have them when they can afford to they upgrade to a pickup

This is the same quality statement as 'recommended by dentists'. Yes, I'm sure you'll find some Thais that frown upon this, and I'm sure you'll find some dentist that recommend 'beep'. And you'll also find many others that prefer different brands or don't mind foreigners riding a samlor.

• Like 1

This is the same quality statement as 'recommended by dentists'. Yes, I'm sure you'll find some Thais that frown upon this, and I'm sure you'll find some dentist that recommend 'beep'. And you'll also find many others that prefer different brands or don't mind foreigners riding a samlor.

I knew you would be first to defend the samlor.

It's an illegal mode of transport and you're breaking the law by riding one. You're not insured and a road hazzard to yourself and others.

It's an illegal mode of transport and you're breaking the law by riding one. You're not insured and a road hazzard to yourself and others.

Yes, sidecars are a very practical and economical means of transport, with insurance BTW. I already commented on that yesterday, no point though, people always have to moan about something, which seem to be sidecars yesterday and today.

But today I'm just commenting on your previous, ridiculous statement.

Edited by stevenl

Yes, sidecars are a very practical and economical means of transport, with insurance BTW.

The majority of sidecars here are not insurable and cannot be licensed they are made from steel round bars meant for construction and anyone hit by one would receive serious injuries

The majority of sidecars here are not insurable and cannot be licensed they are made from steel round bars meant for construction and anyone hit by one would receive serious injuries

Peter, stick to a subject you know something about.

Sidecars are easily insurable, no problem at all.

Yes, sidecars are a very practical and economical means of transport, with insurance BTW. I already commented on that yesterday, no point though, people always have to moan about something, which seem to be sidecars yesterday and today.

Yes. You are correct about it being economical because its the poor people who use them.

Samlors are illegal and aren't insurable so stop trying to justify yourself breaking the law and being a danger on the already dangerous roads.

The bike itself can be insured but will be declined if found to be a samlor.

A few sidecars are licensed and insurable like the ones supplied to the ice cream vendors by the ice cream manufacturers have a accident involving injury to someone with a ilegal one and see how you go with the insurance if you have it and the police, i do know checked the licensing rules out on the Internet

Thats why people leave the accident scene who use them before the police arrive

Yes. You are correct about it being economical because its the poor people who use them.

Samlors are illegal and aren't insurable so stop trying to justify yourself breaking the law and being a danger on the already dangerous roads.

Lol, it's the other way round Hans, the poor people use them because they are economical, they are not economical because the poor people use them. And yes, they are insurable and insured. Unless you can come up, not make up, some real life situations where an insurance company refused payment because it turned out to be a sidecar and not a motorbike?

And now all samlors are a danger on the road?

Yes i know that mate but Steven does not

Yes i know that mate but Steven does not

No, you think that but you don't know. You do know samlors (at least most of them) can not be legally registered here, but you simply presume that also means no insurance. Maybe you read it somewhere on the internet?

Lol, it's the other way round Hans, the poor people use them because they are economical, they are not economical because the poor people use them. And yes, they are insurable and insured. Unless you can come up, not make up, some real life situations where an insurance company refused payment because it turned out to be a sidecar and not a motorbike?

And now all samlors are a danger on the road?

The poor people use them because thats all they can afford and the police are very lenient with Thai users

The poor people use them because thats all they can afford and the police are very lenient with Thai users

With all users Peter, not just Thai users. The ;police have accepted them as a part of life and will on the odd policecheck check for insurance and tax

I see falangs driving samlors this way...They want people to know they are expats because tourists generally dont drive them...they are generally insecure and trying to gain acceptance to fit into Thailand, the same way that people get sansakrit tattoos, wear buddha/thai jewelerry or become Volunteer Police.

9 times out of 10 the falangs driving them have no passengers or cargo in the sidecar.

They are dangerous...I have ridden one. I have owned one, as my friend broke his leg and I made it specially for him, but he was only driving the back streets of Chalong and never on the main road. It also wrecks your bikes as it twists the forks....I ended up selling it to some Thai bloke

How people can say its safe to have 9 family members and a goat in an old beat up honda dream (that wasnt designed to be a 3 wheeler) has got me baffled

I see falangs driving samlors this way...They want people to know they are expats because tourists generally dont drive them...they are generally insecure and trying to gain acceptance to fit into Thailand, the same way that people get sansakrit tattoos, wear buddha/thai jewelerry or become Volunteer Police.

9 times out of 10 the falangs driving them have no passengers or cargo in the sidecar.

They are dangerous...I have ridden one. I have owned one, as my friend broke his leg and I made it specially for him, but he was only driving the back streets of Chalong and never on the main road. It also wrecks your bikes as it twists the forks....I ended up selling it to some Thai bloke

How people can say its safe to have 9 family members and a goat in an old beat up honda dream (that wasnt designed to be a 3 wheeler) has got me baffled

Good I'm wearing a full face helmet then so you can't see I'm a farang smile.png

You're right BTW in that they quite often are difficult to drive and unsafe vehicles. I'm a good driver though :)

Edited by stevenl

The bike is insurable not the sidecar unless it has been inspected and approve by the licensing authorities

Hit and hurt someone with your sidecar if its illegal and see how you go with a insurance claim

Anyway you have upgraded to a pickup now and use your illegal sidecar just around your shop

The bike is insurable not the sidecar unless it has been inspected and approve by the licensing authorities

Hit and hurt someone with your sidecar if its illegal and see how you go with a insurance claim

Anyway you have upgraded to a pickup now and use your illegal sidecar just around your shop

No Peter, I have not upgraded to a pickup. I have had a pickup here for 10 years, tomorrow my 4th is coming, just as I have had the sidecar for 10 years (June 2002).

Again, come up with some proof about the insurance and I'll believe you, but so far nobody has been able to do that simply because all everybody is doing is parroting: can not be legally registered, so insurance is not valid.

Edited by stevenl

>>And now all samlors are a danger on the road?

They've ALWAYS been dangerous.

>>Good I'm wearing a full face helmet then so you can't see I'm a farang smile.png

Then you'll be easy to spot as the only full faced helmet wearing samlor rider smile.png.

So is my stepson, and he is 100% Thai.

You'd be very lucky (or unlucky if I hit you with my dangerous and uninsured vehicle) to see me though, I ride the sidecar maybe once a month for 500 meters in Kata and once a year in Rawai. My staff use it almost daily though.

Edited by stevenl

Is that the couple that have a Thai and a Welsh flag flying from their samlor?

Indeed.

The coconut wireless has informed me they are a yachting nudist couple.

Penny pinching yachties, always trying to get everything for free.

Is that the couple that have a Thai and a Welsh flag flying from their samlor?

The coconut wireless has informed me they are a yachting nudist couple.

That sounds dangerous. Someone might get their spinnaker caught-up in the poop deck.

This is what I'm talking about.

Blocking the road but unaware of the conjestion caused and oblivious to breaking the laws

If farang find it amusing or feel they are assimilating into Thai society by mimmicking the nation's poorest, you look foolish.

Just look at these aged hippies thinking they blend in. I'm embarrassed.

post-147411-134302628132_thumb.jpg

Blocking the road but unaware of the conjestion caused and oblivious to breaking the laws

If farang find it amusing or feel they are assimilating into Thai society by mimmicking the nation's poorest, you look foolish.

Lol, blocking the road where it is 4 lanes wide plus driving more or less to the left?

They look foolish, agree with you there.

Lol, blocking the road where it is 4 lanes wide plus driving more or less to the left?

They look foolish, agree with you there.

They were in the fast lane while passing the parked cars in that lane.

Only reason I could snap the pic is when they got left and traffic could flow again.

No helmets and riding an illegal vehicle but that makes it ok because they are pensioners, right?

What's their excuse? Don't see they are rummaging through bins for recyclables or delivering ice to bars.

If one or both of those people in the photo were members of TV, wouldn't that be against the rules? Are we allowed to just post pictures of random farang we see? I might take my camera to a few bars in Rawai and see how that goes down.

Not to mention its illegal and dangerous to take photos while driving.