Is This Fish Edible?

gray42

Seeing the shallow water and rocks, guess that answers my question to your more recent thread about Shore Fishing - Getting Started.

Glad to see you got outside and wet a line, nice fish, did you release or end up keeping?

Regarding edible, in general and just my opinion, am a bit leery about non-palegics (and filter feeders) close to shore in or near the city areas, especially rock hangers ingesting small fish, invertrabrates and other vegatable matter off the rocks.

Am, by no means, expert on Thai sewerage and city run off water handling, sure people eat stuff and live to post again on TV, just that I've read and seen a few things that raise a personal caution flag. Duh, I say this as I light up another fag during second cup of coffee. whistling.gif

Seeing the shallow water and rocks, guess that answers my question to your more recent thread about Shore Fishing - Getting Started.

Glad to see you got outside and wet a line, nice fish, did you release or end up keeping?

Regarding edible, in general and just my opinion, am a bit leery about non-palegics (and filter feeders) close to shore in or near the city areas, especially rock hangers ingesting small fish, invertrabrates and other vegatable matter off the rocks.

Am, by no means, expert on Thai sewerage and city run off water handling, sure people eat stuff and live to post again on TV, just that I've read and seen a few things that raise a personal caution flag. Duh, I say this as I light up another fag during second cup of coffee. whistling.gif

Duh again, that was Expat J's other thread. Anyway.....all good stuff. Cheers, J.

Edited by 55Jay

Coincidence on the News Forum today.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/571167-just-one-fifth-of-wastewater-in-thailand-is-being-treated/