Measly 40 Quid

mr.buffalo

What is the best way ( cheapest ) to send 40 quid from a UK bank acc. to a Thai. bank acc? If I use Nat West, I bank with them, it will cost me 17 notes to send 40. WU want a Thai bank code ( not swift ) and another type of code so obviously they haven't thought that through. PayPal need an email address, the Post Office 250 pound min etc etc. At a loss really as I want to send a bit of money to someone so they can buy something for me.

So what is the best route?

Cheers.

I don't understand, what is a Thai bank code.

When I used to live in the UK, at times I sent money thru WU. Branch to Branch and the receiver just needs to show his/her passport/ID card.

Admittedly, the exchange rate is not exciting.

I don't understand, what is a Thai bank code.

When I used to live in the UK, at times I sent money thru WU. Branch to Branch and the receiver just needs to show his/her passport/ID card.

Admittedly, the exchange rate is not exciting.

In the states they're called routing numbers same-same. All accounts have them.

Why not ask your mate to lend you the money? It's as you say only 40 measly quid, or have you not got family back home that could lend you that amount till you next go back?

Otherwise maybe what you want your friend to buy may be worth the extra 17 quid to you...an even more measly amount !!

Mail is not a good idea, i sent 1000 baht inside birthday card , card arrived been opened money gone, somebody in thai post had a large drink on me.

Who said that it had been opened and taken?

Did she hit you up for more afterwards?

Sent from the Back 'o Bennachie with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.