True Switched Over To The New Encryption ?

LivinLOS

I wouldn't believe everything this guys says, he was trying to "promote" his maigetv service on this thread as well:

http://www.thaivisa....e/#entry5457361

Just pay to be sponsor.

In that thread he explains it more clearly, the 60 HD + 290 SD channels are the combination of English AND Chinese channels.

For now I'll be experimenting with re-aligning my dish to point at the Astro satelitte when the signal goes off before committing to buy another service.

Edited by PattayaParent
  • Like 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

due to the fact at present we don't have enough of our new HD boxes go to our paying custoners let alone new customers". He then asked another guy at the counter who said we will most likely have to wait 2 to 3 months before a box will become available!

I find it really hard to believe they would switch off the system, when paying customers dont have boxes, and not have enough to give out.

I mean the uproar of the customer base who are told through no fault of their own "sorry no TV for a couple of months" would be huge.

Thats not to say they wont switch over, now or later, but just that they HAVE to have boxes on hand surely.

• Like 1

due to the fact at present we don't have enough of our new HD boxes go to our paying custoners let alone new customers". He then asked another guy at the counter who said we will most likely have to wait 2 to 3 months before a box will become available!

I find it really hard to believe they would switch off the system, when paying customers dont have boxes, and not have enough to give out.

I mean the uproar of the customer base who are told through no fault of their own "sorry no TV for a couple of months" would be huge.

Thats not to say they wont switch over, now or later, but just that they HAVE to have boxes on hand surely.

Or maybe some big boss in TrueVisions has given a drop dead date of 15 July and it would be a big loss of face if it didn't happen?

• Like 2

Then why am I on a waiting list for a box?

Or maybe some big boss in TrueVisions has given a drop dead date of 15 July and it would be a big loss of face if it didn't happen?

agree

But the old system hasnt stopped working has it ??

Maybe they will run 2 encryption systems in parallel for a couple of months.. Giving the new HD channels to the new boxes.. Upgrading people slowly..

I just dont see them turning off the system and saying "sorry no boxes for 2 - 3 months" and the old ones not working.

I don't doubt that you are on a waiting list, but I ordered two extra boxes last Friday and they were delivered and installed on Saturday.

Actually True is busy disconnecting for over a month already. They are phasing out area by area the old non HD boxes. They have no choice, neither business wise as copyright wise. Cards will be paired with the boxes, so lots of people need to start paying for a stolen signal. The people using PSI and Dynasat will soon have to subscribe too.

If you do not mind the annoying comics from GMM you can subscribe to DSTV they have a HD version too. You pay one time 5000 THB and no monthly fee, although a yearly fee is applicable for HD broadcasts.

By the end of the month all old boxes are cut off.

Last week I upgraded my True package to Platinum and can confirm that on the 16th the system will change.

Its not just about blocking dreambox, although that's an advantage.

Right now TRUE cable subscribers enjoy access to more channels than satellite subscribers, the new system will give all platinum subscribers equal access to 17 HD channels.

Edited by quiksilva

As an aside, I dislike that the new box won't let you organize your channels like the previous box. I like to surf channels, and to go from channel 15 to channel 158 is a pain, especially when well over half of those channels in between are either blocked or are of no interest to me. My most watched channels are the History Channel, BBC (the one on Channel 57) and TLC. Those are Channels 15, 57, and 152.

Before, I could lump all my viewing channels between 15 and about 50, which made it easier to surf.

We only signed up for True in January and HD boxes were delivered. We've got 3 of them so I hope it keeps working. Like internet I'm more concerned about quality than cost and so far so good.

I'm no do gooder but I come from a software background and am naturally anti-piracy. If you use a service you should pay for it.

• Like 1

I'm no do gooder but I come from a software background and am naturally anti-piracy. If you use a service you should pay for it.

I have been paying for it.. Full platinum and ever add on. In fact I presume I am still paying for it, even tho my card is no longer working. So feel entirely justifed 'cracking' and encryption I am paying for.

But as I am also more concerned about quality, I will not use their (getting worse each version) boxes..

PVR, streaming the MPEG feed as a network stream, etc etc.. Secure the system any way they like but theres too many other options for media consumption these days to let them dictate it.

As I understand it Truevisions are adding a whole bunch of HD content this month, free for existing customers with the new Samsung HD PVR receivers... (which were also free for existing customers with old SD receivers....).

Not sure why True get such a bad rap on here, they're the only decent Sat choice. The new receivers are fine, shame you have to buy your own HDD to access recording functions but at least they are getting up to date with HD channels and recording options. Service isn't great but that's hardly exclusive to True, this is Thailand, how many companies give good customer service response here? Ever tried Apple's service department in Thailand, True look like consummate professionals in comparison!

The subscription is pricey compared to the local cr@p offerings but not with comparable Western sat providers like Sky. If you have more that 1 receiver it actually gets quite cost effective - you can have 4x independent receivers for 2,800 baht a month! That's way less than you'd be paying with Sky or similar...

I'm quite happy with their service, all the premiership games in HD, Discovery and Nat Geo in HD, plenty of childrens content, including Cbeebies... a God send for peace and tranquillity at home, all the major news feeds, a bunch of HD movie channels and ThaiTV for the missus... who offers anything comparable in Thailand? Astro from Malaysia perhaps but can't get the HD receivers here easily, let alone legally...

I have been paying for it.. Full platinum and ever add on. In fact I presume I am still paying for it, even tho my card is no longer working. So feel entirely justifed 'cracking' and encryption I am paying for.

But as I am also more concerned about quality, I will not use their (getting worse each version) boxes..

PVR, streaming the MPEG feed as a network stream, etc etc.. Secure the system any way they like but theres too many other options for media consumption these days to let them dictate it.

What's worse about the new Samsung HD PVR compared to previous True receivers?!

If you really want to steam MPEG feeds (why you would when you are so concerned about quality I don't know), you could always do so via an external network device connected to the HDMi out of the receiver... but when you can get additional receivers/ subscriptions so cheaply why would you not just have a receiver at each TV location running directly in HDMi, giving you the best possible picture quality?

Incidentally you can network the HDD connections from each True receiver to a shared HDD, giving you a single large storage for all recorded content, shared between receivers... took a bit of faffing about to set up but something that you can't do with most other sat receivers...

• Like 2

I had a Truevisions tech at my place today to fix an issue with a HD box. He told me that tomorrow Tuesday July 10, 2012 all Dreamboxes will be non-functional, for what it it's worth...

Hmm..I was down at my local Dreambox provider getting information just last week. They didn't mention this. Guess I should be glad I didn't plop down the dosh for a new system. Would have been 8000B wasted it seems. Surely none of these companies are going to be giving refunds on their newly sold boxes.

Just a matter of time before a new workaround is found.

Edited by NomadJoe

Incidentally you can network the HDD connections from each True receiver to a shared HDD, giving you a single large storage for all recorded content, shared between receivers... took a bit of faffing about to set up but something that you can't do with most other sat receivers...

the new box I havent used, only followed the universally poor reviews on here.. Inability to even rearrange channel lists etc..

It has a network port ?? Or how does it network to a shared HD.. Are the HD recordings encrypted or can they be accessed with non true playback devices ??

The Dreambox DM500-S stopped production several years ago. What you buy today is from China.

Production of Dreambox DM8000 HD is also stopping. The company have a project called Goliath. This going to be the next genration recivers. Release date september/october.

Any update/fix on Dreambox products are not going to happend

• Like 1

I had a Truevisions tech at my place today to fix an issue with a HD box. He told me that tomorrow Tuesday July 10, 2012 all Dreamboxes will be non-functional, for what it it's worth...

Hi 'George'

Half way in, (10 July) and mines still working fine.

Ok I have no doubt True Vision will block, at some point, (after all that is easier than actually fixing their God awful service)

As for a Thai true vision tech giving you the low down on a shut down date…….Thai workers being kept in the loop as to what’s going on?……I don’t think so.

The tech just wanted to make you think he knows more than you.

I’ll just wait till I can’t get a channel….That will be the date it ends for Dreambox.

Edited by Tonto21

I am confused. Is Dreambox the same as Openbox? We put in two Openbox S10HD PVR a couple of months ago after being thoroughly pissed off with True. These boxes are connected to the net although the signal comes via the dish.

We do not have HD and have been told by True that the old box will work. Apparently there is no problem changing our True box at a later date when we upgrade our tv to an HD model. Looks like it is only those with HD system that are going to be affected.

you cannot re-order the channel list..but..you can set up a list of favourites so you don't have to scroll through all channels..

1 when you go a a channel it gives you a few seconds to add to favourite ,,by pressing red circled button..

2 to access favourites...press guide button..press green circled button (highlights "all channels" on screen)..use > arrow to scroll to favourites...or to movies etc..

I believe ASN is now on Grammy, that same company that had the Euro 2012 and blocked it from showing on TrueVisions.. You might wanna get Grammy because it's cheaper and if your an american football fan TrueSport chanels all play soccer.

I get ASN at my condo that I rent (room comes with free tv so i just take what i can get).. I am getting from a cable tv service called happyhomecabletv .. it's not HD and sometimes there is a thaivoiceover on top of the english audio(they both play at the same time annoying) i can't turn it off from my tv, just have to deal with it, but I got to watch the NHL playoffs, surfing, MLG (, it's major leage videogaming-ok now that's BAD) and in a few months i will get to watch NFL games looking forward to that!

but what i can't watch is american baseball-its on espn, basketball-don't care, or Tennis grandslams)

if you have a fast internet connection you can also get NFL.com for $80 a month or $250 for the whole season--AND you would get to watch the game you want to watch, not the one that ASN wants to watch, i seriously considered that but decided ASN for free is good enough.

I wouldn't believe everything this guys says, he was trying to "promote" his maigetv service on this thread as well:

http://www.thaivisa....e/#entry5457361

Just pay to be sponsor.

James255 is either a True employee or has direct contact with one. As he correctly stated True will shut down their entire operation late on 15 July and will resume broadcasting via their new whatever at 0900 16 July. Not too sure what he means when he states that dream boxes / card sharing will no longer work, all I do know is that if current true suscribers who haven't "upgraded" their box to the new HD box they will be out in the cold come 0900 16 July. Yesterday a true truck arrived in my neighborhood with a load of new boxes, big black H D on the top of each box, and began to replace boxes to it's paying customers.

Now the rub: Last year when True dropped ASN, without notice I got so upset I cancelled our True suscription. It took 3 months for them to get around to picking up their box that I was renting but they left the dish due to the fact it's about 30 meters off the ground and all but impossible to get to. Now that I am all but sure ASN is back on True the wife and I went to the true store located at Secon Square to once again suscribe to their service. If it wasn't bad enough to have to stand at the counter listening to three young Thai lads brag about how much they are earning in commissions selling Iphones and T V boxes for some 20 + minutes, they dropped a bombshell on us. When one finally asked my wife if we needed any help she told him that we wanted to suscribe to Truevisions, Gold package if it contained ASN, if not then we wanted the package that carries it. He placed an application in front of us and asked if we currently have any True accounts which we do, my wife's Iphone. He stamped something on the top of the application, it was in Thai which I can't read, and then told us to fill out the application. When completed my wife asked the simplest of questions. When would someone from True arrive at the house to install the service? He looked at us like we were from Mars. He said, " well U will be placed on a waiting list due to the fact at present we don't have enough of our new HD boxes go to our paying custoners let alone new customers". He then asked another guy at the counter who said we will most likely have to wait 2 to 3 months before a box will become available! Ah, yea True strikes again.....Hopefully I'll get service back before the NFL season starts, already assume the pre-season is a loss.

Edited by pkspeaker

I dont use the true boxes, I have known for a while at some point I would lose the signal as it moves over unless I get the new HD box and paired card.

Seem to have lost my feed as of midnight last night.

Anyone else with a box (non true) and card working this morning.. The Sonnen / Silva fight is in a couple of hours !!

My non True box with no card is still recieving signal as of this evening.

so is mine... HD channels as well..

If TRUE changes encryption and I can't watch it, oh well, just point the dish at 1 of many sats that have english content and plenty of HD channels.

Edited by Jayman