True Switched Over To The New Encryption ?

LivinLOS

Incidentally you can network the HDD connections from each True receiver to a shared HDD, giving you a single large storage for all recorded content, shared between receivers... took a bit of faffing about to set up but something that you can't do with most other sat receivers...

the new box I havent used, only followed the universally poor reviews on here.. Inability to even rearrange channel lists etc..

It has a network port ?? Or how does it network to a shared HD.. Are the HD recordings encrypted or can they be accessed with non true playback devices ??

It does have a network port but the HDD access is via USB and SATA connections. The HD recordings are encrypted and accessible only via other True receivers.

If you haven't even used the new receivers (which aren't all that new anyway, have had mine for quite a few months now), I don't see how you can make this statement - "But as I am also more concerned about quality, I will not use their (getting worse each version) boxes."

Clearly these receivers are much better in terms of quality than any previous release. These are HD receivers with PVR functionality, made by Samsung, much improved menu/guide function etc. Obviously the big improvement being that these are HD, with HDMi and optical audio outputs. They also retain all the legacy connections, component video, composite video and analogue audio. I also quite like the fact that they use an external HDD, leaving you the choice as to how large a storage device you want to connect and meaning any HDD failure is separate to the actual receiver.

This coupled with the release of another 17 HD channels this month, free for existing customers, on both satellite and cable platforms put True streaks ahead of the competition in my book.

• Like 2

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your dreambox is used via a c$ service and the originator has his new NDS card there is nothing that TRUE can do to stop him sharing his subs with his c$ customers again.As long as the c$ supplier wants to share it is possible. Don't let anyone tell you anything different.

You cannot cardshare Vr4 it is more than just masterkeys and algo

the new version NDS is stream data so no keys are actually being sent just data stream and its paired with 4 tweek keys encrypted

IT WILL NEVER BE HACKED - Believe and take my word on that

even if a super master undercover rat leaked the Algo it would still never be hacked cos Mr Murdoch would come for your arse .

Astro will also use the NEW VERSION and are testing The NEW Version hence why the HD channels are NOT shared on astro new testing version .

TrueVision will Take off the western channels THAT IS FOR SURE and they will leave the Thai channels on dual crypt .

They claim 15 - 16 ' 17 th the end / so we shall all wait and see

If so kiss goodbye to truevision on all Un_officilal receivers / astro will follow

Telkom indonesia are also testing New stream data algo .

So its time to move onto MaigeTv or ExpatTv or another Iptv device

regards

If your dreambox is used via a c$ service and the originator has his new NDS card there is nothing that TRUE can do to stop him sharing his subs with his c$ customers again.As long as the c$ supplier wants to share it is possible. Don't let anyone tell you anything different.

You cannot cardshare Vr4 it is more than just masterkeys and algo

the new version NDS is stream data so no keys are actually being sent just data stream and its paired with 4 tweek keys encrypted

IT WILL NEVER BE HACKED - Believe and take my word on that

even if a super master undercover rat leaked the Algo it would still never be hacked cos Mr Murdoch would come for your arse .

Astro will also use the NEW VERSION and are testing The NEW Version hence why the HD channels are NOT shared on astro new testing version .

TrueVision will Take off the western channels THAT IS FOR SURE and they will leave the Thai channels on dual crypt .

They claim 15 - 16 ' 17 th the end / so we shall all wait and see

If so kiss goodbye to truevision on all Un_officilal receivers / astro will follow

Telkom indonesia are also testing New stream data algo .

So its time to move onto MaigeTv or ExpatTv or another Iptv device

regards

If I had a nickel for every time someone said it will "never be hacked" I'd be much more rich today....

• Like 1

Better to switch to VTV from Vietnam. They have a gray market dealer in Bkk. It is half the price of Truevisions(LiarVisions as some call it) and many more HD channels. They are in with a Frech satellite TV provider. Better content at half the price.

It does list all channels HD look at the english and chinese page as it does both !

No.. It lists 21 HD channels.. What are the other 39 ??

So where the actual list.. Theres 60 HD channels.. And 240 SD channels ??

So what are they, not 'some' of them.. An actual lineup and list of what we are supposed to pay for.

If you or someone expects to take peoples money, then defining what is being provided for that money is kinda essential.

I saw that the rest of the HD channels are mainly Chinese like CCTV HD ect., and others that we probably won't be interested in.

Fair enough, but will you have to buy a new Dreambox to overcome the new scrambled system - only asking.

well ofcource the problem with that is these people who are using the dreamboxes had to pay some serious dinero for that box and to pay the guy to setitup, and also to get internet wired into their place if they didn't already have it .. but it was a '1 time charge' and they get all the channels forever so they went for it, now a few months later poof, it doesn't work and they need to BUY a new box.. and for how long before the counter-hackers counterhack again.. too much cat-n-mouse for me..

You DONT have to crack the encryption einstein, you need the master keys and master keys are not availible for most encryption systems. There are many ways to bypass the encryption, people have been doing it for years. Nothing special about NDS, irdeto's master keys have never been available thats why people use other ways to access the signal. By true changing boxes it only means the generic box makers will have to produce a new box to bypass it and they will. You will just have to purchase a new box to replace your old one. Manufacturers in china prob already have engineered a workaround and are ramping up production as i type.

To be honest, and lots of you wont like me for saying this, as a True Gold subscriber paying close to 2000 a month to get the LEGITIMATE service, I m very glad if True find a way to prevent all these pirate providers, be it via Dreambox, or whatever. How the hell can True be expected to invest in new equipment, new channels or whatever if thousands of people all over Thailand are in effect stealing their signal virtually for free.

Good luck, True with your encryption process, hope you block all the Pirated services, and for those of you out there who will moan and complain, well, if you want the service, bloody well pay for it legitimately like the majority of us do!!!

What your missing is that all advanced hardware is being blocked.. I pay for it, I have a 2500 ish bill per month..

But I capture the box feed, put it onto a network, stream it around a house to multiple points, record to a shared access, access those recordings with multiple different STBs like boxee boxes..

Back a few years ago when true boxes allowed only next program PVR data dreamboxes could get a few days or week PVR data..

Its the ability to do things like this which True equipment lacks.

Edited by LivinLOS

We do not have HD and have been told by True that the old box will work. Apparently there is no problem changing our True box at a later date when we upgrade our tv to an HD model. Looks like it is only those with HD system that are going to be affected.

I think thats miss informed, at least as per everything true are saying.

Incidentally you can network the HDD connections from each True receiver to a shared HDD, giving you a single large storage for all recorded content, shared between receivers... took a bit of faffing about to set up but something that you can't do with most other sat receivers...

the new box I havent used, only followed the universally poor reviews on here.. Inability to even rearrange channel lists etc..

It has a network port ?? Or how does it network to a shared HD.. Are the HD recordings encrypted or can they be accessed with non true playback devices ??

It does have a network port but the HDD access is via USB and SATA connections. The HD recordings are encrypted and accessible only via other True receivers.

If you haven't even used the new receivers (which aren't all that new anyway, have had mine for quite a few months now), I don't see how you can make this statement - "But as I am also more concerned about quality, I will not use their (getting worse each version) boxes."

Clearly these receivers are much better in terms of quality than any previous release. These are HD receivers with PVR functionality, made by Samsung, much improved menu/guide function etc. Obviously the big improvement being that these are HD, with HDMi and optical audio outputs. They also retain all the legacy connections, component video, composite video and analogue audio. I also quite like the fact that they use an external HDD, leaving you the choice as to how large a storage device you want to connect and meaning any HDD failure is separate to the actual receiver.

This coupled with the release of another 17 HD channels this month, free for existing customers, on both satellite and cable platforms put True streaks ahead of the competition in my book.

The new box is the first box I havent used, mostly as I have my setup nicely integrated into a home theater and home media network. Recordings from one point are available to the whole network. TV live streams are available to the whole network.. Etc etc etc.. Its media distribution to multizones. Thsi while the true boxes were kludgy as all hell.

Can you explain how the new boxes network then.. As this is a crucial feature for me. Networking the TV feeds for live distribution is what I do now but even the records and viewing of PVR over the network is a help.

The STB has a NIC, and a hard disk option for PVR.. It can then 'see' other true boxes on the network and shares the recorded files over to any point ?? Its this viewing archiving and distributing of the recordings over the network as you say I am most interested in.

Signal looks fine.. SNR and AGC all normal.. BER 0..

Looks like the decode is failing..

UFC is on now.. fight of the year sad.png

Try unplugging box wait 3 minutes turn back on. Do the same with your WiFi. I believe yu need to be connected to Internet to get updated coding.

My dreambox was using a legit platinum card.. Doesnt seem to be working.

Like I keep repeating.. Using non true hardware is not all about stealing content. Its about having more options and abilities.

well ofcource the problem with that is these people who are using the dreamboxes had to pay some serious dinero for that box and to pay the guy to setitup, and also to get internet wired into their place if they didn't already have it .. but it was a '1 time charge' and they get all the channels forever so they went for it, now a few months later poof, it doesn't work and they need to BUY a new box.. and for how long before the counter-hackers counterhack again.. too much cat-n-mouse for me..

DM500 clones are found under 2k baht.. The DM800 HD box is under 3k baht..

Mucho deniro ?? Thats a month of a single point platinum package and add ons..

Anyway, cost isnt the issue (tho I do think true has been pretty poor value.. When the 17 HD channels arrive thats a bit different) its power and flexibility.

it worked out for you but i know 2 other guys who just got the dreamboxes a few months ago after that old type of analog satelite signal stealing (Diamond box) suddenly stopped working, (I had a 'Diamond' box in my last condo as well and was getting most of the True channels for free and used it for 3 years..then i came to the new place where they just have cabletv free for the building but if you want you can pay to get a better service )..

and now according to some people they're about to get screwed in a few days..

Cost me 5k for my OpenBox HD installed plus 250bht a month for shared keys over the internet.

HDMI output and a USB for an external HDD to record anything.

I've been using it for two years ........... so 11k Vs 48k.

Even if it's junk next week, still seems like it was good value for money.

Edited by pkspeaker

it worked out for you but i know 2 other guys who just got the dreamboxes a few months ago after that old type of analog satelite signal stealing (Diamond box) suddenly stopped working, (I had a 'Diamond' box in my last condo as well and was getting most of the True channels for free and used it for 3 years..then i came to the new place where they just have cabletv free for the building but if you want you can pay to get a better service )..

and now according to some people they're about to get screwed in a few days..

Cost me 5k for my OpenBox HD installed plus 250bht a month for shared keys over the internet.

HDMI output and a USB for an external HDD to record anything.

I've been using it for two years ........... so 11k Vs 48k.

Even if it's junk next week, still seems like it was good value for money.

OK so thats a near worst case scenario...

If they paid more than 3k for the box (DM500) they were fools.. Then what 300 for the service...

How many months to break even on a full UBC package.. 1 month two weeks ??

" As he correctly stated True will shut down their entire operation late on 15 July and will resume broadcasting via their new whatever at 0900 16 July."

Thats correct, True has been streaming this information in the ticker tape at the bottom of screen for the past few days. Actaully, the ticker says they will shut down the satellite stream from 11pm July 15 and resume July 16 at 9am. All channels will be down during this time. At least thats what the ticker tape said.

I cant get the 5.1 surround sound to work. Its like it only comes in stereo. Anyone else having issues like this?

Only certain channels will support 5.1 unless you set your receiver/amp to 5 channel stereo or similar. HBO HD definitely works in 5.1 but you must be connected either optical audio or HDMi, not analogue audio (the red and white connectors) which are stereo only...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

This maigeTV is Baht 15,000 by the looks of the website. Is there a subscription fee as well?

1st year subscription is included in the 15k, after that its 5,000 per year.

It's actually RMB 500. You can order directly from China. Just google Maige TV. It's a little bit cheaper.

Its a real cheats charter isnt it? None of you seem to want to pay the legitimate price for the legally provided True service do you? You all want to hook up to some pirate feed or other via some box or other but the ultimate aim for all of you is to get True services under the counter for a cheaper price.

Ironically, a lot of you then complain and moan about the fact that True programmes/ channels arent good enough....and yet in truth, youre not paying for it so you dont have a leg to stand on!!

Er.. 2500 a month thanks..

And having a continual set of crappy customer service.. Eg I moved 2 years ago, they moved the mailing address but not the install address.. I have emailed, phoned, and been on at them maybe 10 times for over 18 months.. Er yes, er we cant do that on our system, er a manager will call you back.. And now, because of their ####p, they want to charge me 2000b extra to apply a new system install to do the HD changeover.

No. I dont think so.

Yup; a lot of people here are using the legit cards, but in different hardware as True's boxes have been pretty bad over the years. That possibility seems to be stopped. I also notice that some of the change refer to Mpeg4 capability while other refer to the actual encryption. Can somebody elaborate on whether these 2 things are somehow connected - or whether it (on the 15th) might only be related to mpeg4 capability?

Cheers!

i have a true box (not Hd) and dish but no subscription so I only get the free channels which now only include 1 English one 'fox'. I am in small village and normal free to air like channel 3 can not be received except by satelite. No tickers have been broadcasted except for channel 9 Being replaced with some kind of new learning channel. Can' afford the packages since I earn Thai money with my small farm. Will.my true box stop working. There are noboxes being replaced around here and about a third of our village has a true box and dish but no package subscriptions. Shops are still selling these old boxes, no hd. There are no telephone lines, cable or internet in the village except using your telephone/edge (3g stops about 1km from here).

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Thaivisa Connect App

One Guy I know got it last month. They came and installed the dish and box, he paid a one time fee for dish and box (non hd), put in the smart card and called the number to.register the box. If you want a package you must go to khorat (80km drive). If not you still have the free channels. Nobody (including the true employees who registered the boxes) said anything about all this. With the free English channels being almost gone Icalled true but haven't been able to get an English speaking person on the phone. Even cellphone coverage is bad on.my village so a 40 minute wait is impossible.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Thaivisa Connect App

I dont use the true boxes, I have known for a while at some point I would lose the signal as it moves over unless I get the new HD box and paired card.

Seem to have lost my feed as of midnight last night.

Anyone else with a box (non true) and card working this morning.. The Sonnen / Silva fight is in a couple of hours !!

My non True box with no card is still recieving signal as of this evening.

OK but as of mid-night of the 15th, to the morning of the 16th of this month, you'll find after your all out of luck, have fun guys, the end is near.

I dont use the true boxes, I have known for a while at some point I would lose the signal as it moves over unless I get the new HD box and paired card.

Seem to have lost my feed as of midnight last night.

Anyone else with a box (non true) and card working this morning.. The Sonnen / Silva fight is in a couple of hours !!

My non True box with no card is still recieving signal as of this evening.

OK but as of mid-night of the 15th, to the morning of the 16th of this month, you'll find after your all out of luck, have fun guys, the end is near.

Hear hear!! The pirateees think theyre so smart, but good luck to True, make them pay if they want the proper service. Good riddance to all the cheapskate Dreambox thieves, stealers of the True signal!!

• Like 1