How Can I Contact A Health Inspector For Restaurant Problem?

Pawpcorn

Does anyone know how to contact health officials about a problem restaurant at Central Rama II that needs to inspected?

I've gotten diarrhea (tong sia) every time (four times in a row) after eating there.

I've already notified the management there, but to no avail; I got sick again, eating there 3 weeks later.

This is a major chain restaurant!

Yesterday I ate at their chain restaurant in Big C: No problem!

If you get sick every time you go there and you go there again and again, than the restaurant is dirty, but you have also some mental problems.

Who would go again to a restaurant that makes him sick??????

I think that would be also the responds from any health official in Thailand....

I find it funny that you kept eating there but I applaud your interest in public service.

About a year ago I ate at two new to me restaurants in close proximity and later got one the worse cases of food poisoning in my life. The thing is I liked the food at both restaurants. I don't have a clue which one made me sick so I can't bring myself to go back to either one of them even though I feel tempted.

Contact your local Ministry of Public Health office:

All queries and comments are welcomed, please e-mail to : //removed//

Ministry of Public Health, Tivanond Road, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand. Tel. +662-590-1000

For more impact, go see a doctor after eating there to ensure it is really food poisoning and forward the details to Ministry of Public Health.

For an even greater impact, complain about it on websites where the restaurant is featured.

For an even more powerful impact, invite a police man for lunch/dinner at the restaurant...

Edited by Tywais
email removed as per forum rules

All queries and comments are welcomed, please e-mail to: //removed//

Ministry of Public Health, Tivanond Road, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand. Tel. +662-590-1000

For more impact, go see a doctor after eating there to ensure it is really food poisoning and forward the details to Ministry of Public Health.

For an even greater impact, complain about it on websites where the restaurant is featured.

For an even more powerful impact, invite a police man for lunch/dinner at the restaurant...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif if the webmaster is interested in bad food? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

If you get sick every time you go there and you go there again and again, than the restaurant is dirty, but you have also some mental problems.

Who would go again to a restaurant that makes him sick??????

I think that would be also the responds from any health official in Thailand....

It sounds like you're a sucker for punishment. If I got sick once, maybe twice (benefit of doubt first time) that would be enough for me. There's plenty of places to eat in Thailand, why frequent somewhere that has dodgy food?

Maybe he is one of those rich one married to Hi So Thai that is cheap. He need a doctor that is a nut doctor

I've gotten diarrhea (tong sia) every time (four times in a row) after eating there.

Maybe you'll be lucky on the fifth time? rolleyes.gif

For a proper statistic you need at least 10 samples they told me in that statistic course.

So 6 more times to go till it is statistically safe.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif if the webmaster is interested in bad food? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It could be one of those hands-on webmaster... ermm.gif

Here's the website in case it helps the OP... Didn't know you could not post email addresses on this forum....

http://eng.moph.go.th/

or this:

http://firstaid.about.com/od/abdominaldisorders/ht/08_StopDiarrhea.htm

Anyway the email address was the webmasters email address.....Normally he fixes broken html code, not broken food.

considering that there are hardly any health standards when it comes to food, i do not see a point wasting the time.

they will pay the inspector few thousand to NOT even bother(thats providing they will even act on it)

Does OP really think anyone is going to bother a large chain(thai owned) over 1 foreigner? common get real, there are people selling bugs on the streets and meet which never been kept in the fridge

I guess some people either new or have too much time on their hands

I have what I think is a related problem.

I have several Videos - most of which I love - but it irritates me intensely that however many times I watch them the ending is always the same.

To what Government Department should I report this travesty?

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

I have what I think is a related problem.

I have several Videos - most of which I love - but it irritates me intensely that however many time I watch them the ending is always the same.

To what Government Department should I report this travesty?

Patrick

try the sanitation departmenttongue.png

Do they actually have health inspectors here ??

They must be well stressed if they do.

The Tea Money they collect more than makes up for the stress !

i beg to disagree the "tea money" for putting "inspected and approved" is only 1000 baht and paid only once, there are no inspections and yearly renewal of the license does not require an inspection.

not only that the so called inspectors have no formal training but office clerks in the city hall

So you finally worked up the courage and she turned you down.

IF you were aiming for shock and awe, i think you got it, because i have no idea what you mean or who you addressinggiggle.gif

I had a problem with a Japanese restaurant chain beginning with a Y. The pre cooked food wasn't reheated properly so got salmonella once and some food poisoning another time.

But they really sorted things out. The manager was changed and the whole decour was upgraded.... But I doubt it was down to my complaint I made....

I had a problem with a Japanese restaurant chain beginning with a Y. The pre cooked food wasn't reheated properly so got salmonella once and some food poisoning another time.

But they really sorted things out. The manager was changed and the whole decour was upgraded.... But I doubt it was down to my complaint I made....

Now the add antibiotics to the tea? laugh.png

It sounds like you're a sucker for punishment. If I got sick once, maybe twice (benefit of doubt first time) that would be enough for me. There's plenty of places to eat in Thailand, why frequent somewhere that has dodgy food?

Ohhhh thanks for the advice!!! Actually I was asking for a phone number... :(

Maybe it would help you to understand that I teach English in the same mall.... and we have all of 30 minutes prepare for the next class, then rush to the nearest restaurant to wolf down a meal for lunch, and get back in time to teach the next class... and this problem restaurant is located close enough to the school and serves western-style food... so those HAD BEEN my reasons for wanting to eat there...

I'm NOT a "sucker for punishment", thus I've STOPPED eating at this restaurant, and this last Sunday I located a newly-opened branch of the same chain restaurant, nearby in Big C, which is ALMOST as close to where I work, and I will eat there in the future, so now I'm just looking to fix a problem.

Note too, that I spoke to the manager about this issue of tainted food or unsanitary conditions after the third time... then gave them a month to clean up the problem before hoping for the best, and trying them the last and final time.

Reason for wanting to help eliminate a source of tainted food being served to the public in a major shopping mall?

I'm just "trying to do the right thing", "looking to help my fellow man" and "doing what's morally correct"; that's just the way I live my life, na.

• Like 1

All queries and comments are welcomed, please e-mail to : //removed//

Thanks for the phone number!

Considering that you can get arrested and imprisoned for being accused of slander in this country, I won't even even post the restaurant's initials...

Thanks again!

It could be one of those hands-on webmaster... ermm.gif

Here's the website in case it helps the OP... Didn't know you could not post email addresses on this forum....

http://eng.moph.go.th/

Hey, thanks for the web address!!! Interesting forum statistics... out of about 24 generally insulting responses... ONE person (you!) were kind enough take me seriously, and pass on some helpful information! Thanks very much!

I'll also share the information that a kind student at that remote teaching site found for me during class break today:

healthdepartment.jpg

I AM a realist, (been here 6 years,) and I'm not really expecting results, given where we've chosen to live(!), but it never hurts to try! At the very least, the results can provide additional fodder for classroom conversation! The students really appreciate reality-topical conversation topics, as opposed to hypothetical "nonsense" 555

Thanks again, and take care, na

Note too, that I spoke to the manager about this issue of tainted food or unsanitary conditions after the third time... then gave them a month to clean up the problem before hoping for the best, and trying them the last and final time.

Sorry to hear about your plight, but why bother? To notify someone to get there restaurant cleaned up makes only sense if you going to close it down after they have failed to comply with your notice...

Have you tried Thai food? I recommend it.

Thanks for the phone number!

Considering that you can get arrested and imprisoned for being accused of slander in this country, I won't even even post the restaurant's initials...

Thanks again!

Stating the facts that one regularly eats in restaurant X and regularly has diarrhoea is not slander. That is simply stating the facts that can be proven by showing receipts of food purchased and a doctor's certificate. It wouldn't even state up in a kangaroo court. Causality is not shown by putting two facts in one sentence.

Edited by Morakot