Thailand's Cleanest Toilets Recognised: 2011 Toilet Award

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching all of the comments here.. and others, amazing how foreigners comment on stuff as if they were actually resident. When you look for a toilet use some good hotel or something.. I have seen some toilets in the UK & Europe are worse !

Watching all of the comments here.. and others, amazing how foreigners comment on stuff as if they were actually resident. When you look for a toilet use some good hotel or something.. I have seen some toilets in the UK & Europe are worse !

well i reside in Thailand, so i am actually a resident, since resident is derived from residethumbsup.gif

ohhh and i am a foreignerwai.gif

Edited by phl

Watching all of the comments here.. and others, amazing how foreigners comment on stuff as if they were actually resident.

[...]

Welcome to the forum! You may be surprised to find that many people who comment here do actually live in Thailand.

Watching all of the comments here.. and others, amazing how foreigners comment on stuff as if they were actually resident.

[...]

Welcome to the forum! You may be surprised to find that many people who comment here do actually live in Thailand.

Yes I've been reading Thaivisa for ages, lived in Thailand now 7 yrs.

[...]

and those who may not be here physically are here in spirittongue.png

• Like 1

I just love wandering into the gents and a couple of ladies are sat there on chairs while blokes walk in and use the urinals. Even at the airport. Seems to be a uniquely Thai thing. And by third world standards the toilets are generally excellent. In PNG you would rather sh!t your pants than use any public toilets here.

[...]

and your first comment is the silliest one,thumbsup.gif

well donewai.gif

• Like 1

[...]

and those not here in spirit might be looking for a clean toilet to take a dump !

[...]

and your first comment is the silliest one,thumbsup.gif

well donewai.gif

Well at least I don't have alot to say and no action I suppose. But thanks for your kind reply!

"The Cabinet agreed to issue ministerial regulations stating that toilets at restaurants and petrol stations must be hygienic"

Great, they are pushing the envelope...

When I first came to work inThailand back in 1993 I used to work all over Issan building mobile phone sites for DTAC, my driver and I would clock over 2,000 km a week and in those days I used to log on the site details information about food, hotels, gas stations and toilets. A good gas station was bad by western standards and the really bad ones I couldn't get near because of the foul smell.

Over the years they have improved immensely and PTT actually have toilets for disabled persons which are properly designed and can be used by a wheelchair user and an assistant.

Shell and Esso are still poor quality but some of the little mom and pop gas stations are really good as they take pride in THEIR business but others just don't care.

• Like 2

I thought this was The Domain of Mr Happy Toilet - the defender of clean bogs throughout Thailand, the man who has tried to polish turds with......, oh wait a minute the son of Thailand's greatest crime buster, and brother of a murderer.

Obviously, he's now abandoned his duties, and left it to some other poor old turd.

[...]

? coffee1.gif

[...]

and those not here in spirit might be looking for a clean toilet to take a dump !

congrats on the second silly post, going for a record?

I didn't see the Terminal 21 Shopping mall in the list. These have to be seen to be believed - Each floor level has a different country theme which continues into the respective toilets. People go in there just to take photographs.

I question why they made public toilets in a shopping mall so beautiful when it's only a matter of time before the toilet seats have footprints on them and the electronic ass washers have been abused and broken.

And, as a previous poster mentioned - I too would rather suffer in agony until I got home rather than use a Thai public toilet for anything more than taking a pee.

• Like 1

was not one of the sons of the Great Chalerm responsible for the toilets of Thailand?

"I dreamt when I was a child that if I ever worked here at the Public Health Ministry I would make all the toilets in the country flush toilets," Wan Yoobamrung

30070474-01.jpg

• Like 1

Out of how many throughout Thailand, 150 odd bogs, what a fantastic coverage, Did they have a selector selecting toilets for another to select the ones to be selected. 555555555 Ha Ha. naturally good class hotels -uni-Super store/dept-airports, etc normally all these woldwide pre picked, and any silly sod can find them. Why not put their power into clean beaches-parks-canals-streets. if Singapore can do it they can here.

If this publicity will result in more attention being given to improving the standards of amenities throughout Thailand then it is worthwhile. I am also pleased that there are far more sitting toilets available these days.

There are plenty of terrible amenities in countries outside Thailand.

I just love wandering into the gents and a couple of ladies are sat there on chairs while blokes walk in and use the urinals. Even at the airport. Seems to be a uniquely Thai thing. And by third world standards the toilets are generally excellent. In PNG you would rather sh!t your pants than use any public toilets here.

I've seen lady cleaners/attendants in male toilets in several countries over the years; surprisingly enough, in Arab countries - that was unexpected!

Agree with you about the toilets here - a few years ago it was hard to find a decent one when travelling around the country, but these days, with so many hypermarkets, shopping malls, and petrol stations that have improved their act enormously, we've never had a problem.

I didn't see the Terminal 21 Shopping mall in the list. These have to be seen to be believed - Each floor level has a different country theme which continues into the respective toilets. People go in there just to take photographs.

I question why they made public toilets in a shopping mall so beautiful when it's only a matter of time before the toilet seats have footprints on them and the electronic ass washers have been abused and broken.

And, as a previous poster mentioned - I too would rather suffer in agony until I got home rather than use a Thai public toilet for anything more than taking a pee.

Never noticed footprints on toilet seats in Central World, Siam, Tesco, Big-C etc. - why should it happen in Terminal 21?

OK, you suffer in agony - if you ever change your mind you will find that there are many places with clean toilets. Don't always believe the TV whingers.

• Like 1

was not one of the sons of the Great Chalerm responsible for the toilets of Thailand?

"I dreamt when I was a child that if I ever worked here at the Public Health Ministry I would make all the toilets in the country flush toilets," Wan Yoobamrung

30070474-01.jpg

A picture says a thousand turds words.

• Like 1

One thing I find sub-optimal is places like Tesco Lotus there is a line of sinks in the bathroom, but curiously only one has a soap dispenser. This arrangement is common in brand new, modern bathrooms at various places. I don't get it.

Because people bring in containers and steal the soap. This is probably how sprayers got started here; you can steal TP, but you can't (easily) steal a sprayer.

One thing I find sub-optimal is places like Tesco Lotus there is a line of sinks in the bathroom, but curiously only one has a soap dispenser. This arrangement is common in brand new, modern bathrooms at various places. I don't get it.

Because people bring in containers and steal the soap. This is probably how sprayers got started here; you can steal TP, but you can't (easily) steal a sprayer.

People stealing liquid soap from a public loo?

They have obviously never been to Terminal 21, the toilets there far outshine the boring semi-clean porcelain of Central World or any other public facility in Thailand. The Terminal 21 toilets are so fine, sometimes I will go there for the sole reason of relieving some after meal pressure.

30070474-01.jpg

A picture says a thousand turds words.

When I was a child I used to dream about being an astronaut or an explorer. Never once do I recall wanting to be involved with flush toilets.