Ford Ranger - Some Of The Things That Are Not Good With It

if the aircon doesn't blow cold air on shortly after start up, thee must be something wrong.

I think it was just time of the month for the OP, the air-con works just fine and is nice and cold after a few secs of the engine being on regardless of the outside temperature.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

No, its when the inside temperature is very hot and it takes about 5 mintues for the air to blow cool.

The car is good, but far from perfect and I am pointing out my opinions and thoughts on the car.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about your auto wipers? mine are garbage, I will do a video on it next time it rains.

Did you read my previous comment? Check on the switch, 1/3 of the way down the outer casing twists, 4 settings to change the speed of the intermittent wipe.

I'm not clear, sorry.

...maybe it's just a matter of looking into owners manual and find the correct operating procedure(AC,wipers)...if that want help than the trip to the dealer will be in order...BTW,OP I hope you will fix those problems and let us know the result smile.png

...there was also a complain about transition shifting,since it is a 6 speed box than it will do a lot of shifting during the normal street stop and go driving...maybe it will help to keep it in lower gear position,so it will not go to higher gear while driving slower in the city streets...

...maybe it's just a matter of looking into owners manual and find the correct operating procedure(AC,wipers)...if that want help than the trip to the dealer will be in order...BTW,OP I hope you will fix those problems and let us know the result smile.png

...there was also a complain about transition shifting,since it is a 6 speed box than it will do a lot of shifting during the normal street stop and go driving...maybe it will help to keep it in lower gear position,so it will not go to higher gear while driving slower in the city streets...

Its only at low speeds where it doesnt always change consistantly. Medium high speeds no problem. Could be the computer adjusting still...... I hope.

What about your auto wipers? mine are garbage, I will do a video on it next time it rains.

Did you read my previous comment? Check on the switch, 1/3 of the way down the outer casing twists, 4 settings to change the speed of the intermittent wipe.

I'm not clear, sorry.

There is only 4 settings right...... Manual, off auto medium and fast. On auto, it has a ring you use to set the sensitivity of the wipers. Even on the highest sensitive settings, when its light rain, it just does not wipe properly and I have to make it wipe by clicking up on manual wipe so I can see.

Okay point taken, +19.000 units in one month not bad, but maybe because they can't sell them overseas. Not everybody want to buy a truck that had its 10 nose job done instead of making a complete new vehicle with better safety and comfort levels.

Ford dealers I been to have been begging Ford for more Ranger's as customers are getting impatient.

Toyota had the safety features BEFORE the rest rolleyes.gif, still there . The front end is totally new pressings fitted to a perfect chassis. WHAT more can they do ? Put flashing lights all over it, or in it, like some have done. Come on now, why change the perfect set up. Ooooop's forgot, Toyota could go for the ''Go faster stripes on the hood'' like you know who. sad.png

As they needed two goes to get the air intake in the centre of the bonnet stripes would be well beyond themtongue.png .

I told them at the general meeting BUT they agreed ''without'' ME, getting from A to B with no probs was more important than a wonky f______________cking air scoop. I went for a beer. tongue.png

I'm not clear, sorry.

There is only 4 settings right...... Manual, off auto medium and fast. On auto, it has a ring you use to set the sensitivity of the wipers. Even on the highest sensitive settings, when its light rain, it just does not wipe properly and I have to make it wipe by clicking up on manual wipe so I can see.

...maybe other owners will chip in on this...I'm still waiting for mine and there was no rain when I was test driving this truck ...

I would say most vehicles take a little while to cool on a very hot day. I suggest winding down the windows and driving 5 mins to remove the hot air, then winding them up and using the air cond.

Turn air con on on start up, crack drivers window 4cm with the air on internal. Two minutes, close window, when cold return air to external. smile.png

I would say most vehicles take a little while to cool on a very hot day. I suggest winding down the windows and driving 5 mins to remove the hot air, then winding them up and using the air cond.

Turn air con on on start up, crack drivers window 4cm with the air on internal. Two minutes, close window, when cold return air to external. smile.png

Doesn't the external intake sucks the hot air from outside,which makes the AC work harder ? I keep my setting on "Rec"...this also prevents the smoke emissions from entering the car...

I'm not clear, sorry.

Yes, the Off, flick up for manual, down for auto (I call it intermittent), slow, fast. The dial I find adequate for most light rain, but I have got the previous model.

Yeah, I actually have the air on cycle from the inside, I might see if I start it with getting the air outside might cool it down quicker as sometimes when you park in the sun, its like 1000000 degrees in there

Regarding the gearbox, my 6 spd Fiesta was changing a bit erratically. I read here there was a firmware upgrade the dealers could do and so I asked. They said yes and did at the service. It is better now so maybe there will be one available soon for the Ranger. Ask the dealer, they know about it.

• Like 1

I notice I just have a lot of spelling mistakes. Thats what happens when you try and type too fast smile.png

Thats why I read 3 times before posting. Sorry maybe 2 but I still find I have to edit. Do not worry everyone does understand what posters are saying. Most of the time.

Back to topic. Today i drove from Phayao to Chiang Rai and returned. On the return trip I was followed by a new ford ranger. No number plate (this is very common for new cars up to many months) Why i thought It was very new was the palstic still on the headrest of the back seats after I was over taken. It appeared that this was being deiven form one dealership to another. The way the vehicle was driven It could only have future problems. I hope this was not similar to yours

Doesn't the external intake sucks the hot air from outside,which makes the AC work harder ? I keep my setting on "Rec"...this also prevents the smoke emissions from entering the car...

Yep, but if on internal air you are breathing air with less oxygen and loads of moisture, not good for the cars electrics and not good for you. The car will cool quicker with outside air turned off but when temp comfort is achieved then switch to outside air. smile.png
  • Like 1

Yep, but if on internal air you are breathing air with less oxygen and loads of moisture, not good for the cars electrics and not good for you. The car will cool quicker with outside air turned off but when temp comfort is achieved then switch to outside air. smile.png

I do crack the window every so often not to suffocate from luck of oxygenbiggrin.png ...or open the exterior vent,if no traffic in front... the moisture,hmm,probably more outside in the rainy season,than inside,the AC dries the air out...I thinksmile.png

... the moisture,hmm,probably more outside in the rainy season,than inside,the AC dries the air out...I thinksmile.png

The sweat! Maybe with a never flustered, jai yen Thai in the car the moisture would stay low. But we're all big sweaty farang you know! There's more sweat poring off me than rain falling from the sky.

• Like 1

... the moisture,hmm,probably more outside in the rainy season,than inside,the AC dries the air out...I thinksmile.png

The sweat! Maybe with a never flustered, jai yen Thai in the car the moisture would stay low. But we're all big sweaty farang you know! There's more sweat poring off me than rain falling from the sky.

...naboo,that what AC is for,to keep you nice and cool tongue.png ...

Okay point taken, +19.000 units in one month not bad, but maybe because they can't sell them overseas. Not everybody want to buy a truck that had its 10 nose job done instead of making a complete new vehicle with better safety and comfort levels.

Ford dealers I been to have been begging Ford for more Ranger's as customers are getting impatient.

Toyota had the safety features BEFORE the rest rolleyes.gif, still there . The front end is totally new pressings fitted to a perfect chassis. WHAT more can they do ? Put flashing lights all over it, or in it, like some have done. Come on now, why change the perfect set up. Ooooop's forgot, Toyota could go for the ''Go faster stripes on the hood'' like you know who. sad.png

No doubt the Vigo is a good truck, but not everyone wants a dated model that is the same as every other second truck. Toyota generally regarded as boring but reliable. Personally think the Ford looks much better, even most of the others for that matter. At the end of the day if you like what you bought then that is enough. Can't recall any manufacturers giving us discounts or better service for being avid fans.

No doubt the Vigo is a good truck, but not everyone wants a dated model that is the same as every other second truck. Toyota generally regarded as boring but reliable. Personally think the Ford looks much better, even most of the others for that matter. At the end of the day if you like what you bought then that is enough. Can't recall any manufacturers giving us discounts or better service for being avid fans.

You quoted the correct word for a Toyota truck workhorse, RELIABLE. whistling.gif

I really like the new Chevy Colera-ado. It's just like a Isuzu only cheaper.

The Ford looks good, I will admit, but Ford has a penny pinching attitude that surpasses all others. It's often the stuff you can't see that is deteriorating at an accelerated rate.

OK, here is the wipers page.

What does Intermitten Wipe mean? I am guessing not Auto like the diagram on the right of it.

So how do I turn that on instead of auto.

Both diagrams look exactly the same or am I just blind?

7549781170_7d71d971b1_z.jpg

Try putting it on normal and using the ring to set the speed.

Or take it back and get the Mazda as my auto wipers work just fine.....

It's a Ford. wai.gif

If you want reliability and the thing to keep going then Toyota has it sewn up. Folk complain about old design BUT it's a design that has stood the test of time. Toyota for decades has produced engineering reliability. thumbsup.gif

Actually it's a ford badged Mazda!

The OP's airconditoner is buggered. My XLT sits out in the sun but when started with the thermo set all the way CLOCKWISE (coolest) and fan on highest, the cold air can be felt at vent level within 15 seconds (once the hot air has blown out of the ducts and the plastic starts cooling) and the whole cab is cooled well within 5 minutes. This is without cracking windows and fiddling with the recirculate button options. Turning the thermo all the way ANTICLOCKWISE (warmest) is just right on overcast days on lowest fan speed but long pants are still needed at night!

Does the OP have a window tint film? It is probably covering the rather sensitive rain detector part of the combination manual-when-dry-overidden-by-auto-when-raining intermittent wiper control in the new Ranger. If he doesn't have window tint film, then it's buggered.