Ford Ranger - Some Of The Things That Are Not Good With It

OK, here is the wipers page.

What does Intermitten Wipe mean? I am guessing not Auto like the diagram on the right of it.

So how do I turn that on instead of auto.

Both diagrams look exactly the same or am I just blind?

7549781170_7d71d971b1_z.jpg

To me this looks like two different wiper options you can chose for your new vehicle. You can have the auto function OR the intermittent function.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transam, I am surprised you claim that the brakes on the Vigo are good. They are inferior to put it mildly. Similar front brakes as on the small Vios but on a two ton pickup.

They are better than the ''truck'' opposition, which was my point. smile.png

It's a Ford. wai.gif

If you want reliability and the thing to keep going then Toyota has it sewn up. Folk complain about old design BUT it's a design that has stood the test of time. Toyota for decades has produced engineering reliability. thumbsup.gif

I don't agree, the old Ranger was considered undestructible by many. OP's gearbox problems are a bit worrying, did you ask Ford about it?

If I am not mistaken Toyota have the world record for recalls on new cars and they really don't have any vehicles that are tempting me.

I am following the Ford Ranger tread in Australia as I have one 2.2 Wildtrack on order and I don't see/read about any problems.

The Toyota Vigo is a good solid truck but very very dated and I don't want one.

Quite right my 1st Ford Ranger did 400,000 kms without engine work. On my second one now with 240,000 with no engine work. I worked for a company we had Toyotas and they never make it past 250,000 kms without valve work on the engine. CRVs well I have driven these with poor fuel mileage, poor handling, bad brakes and butt busting seats-no thanks.

Sounds like he has a automatic transmission. Thats asking for trouble in Thailand on a pick up plus the resale value will be terrible if it in a pick up.

Sorry, both statements are BS in my opinion and experience.

Sounds like he has a automatic transmission. Thats asking for trouble in Thailand on a pick up plus the resale value will be terrible if it in a pick up.

I second the BS.

Reading stuff here for years, l have never heard yet of an auto trans problem. Secondly, the 4x4 auto Vigo is the most sought after second hand truck.

Auto trans fluid tells ''all'' if the combo is over tasked and l can tell you my auto fluid is still like new after 60K. smile.png

I second the BS.

Reading stuff here for years, l have never heard yet of an auto trans problem. Secondly, the 4x4 auto Vigo is the most sought after second hand truck.

Auto trans fluid tells ''all'' if the combo is over tasked and l can tell you my auto fluid is still like new after 60K. smile.png

That's because you change it every month :D:D:D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

I second the BS.

That's because you change it every month biggrin.pngbiggrin.png:D

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. tongue.png

Sadly one XLT's gearbox blew up in Australia at 6000 km, new gearbox fitted. See link below. Other than that, they are very happy with the new Ranger down under.

This should make Transam happy so he can keep his Toyota cab on.wink.png

http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?50978-New-Ford-Ranger-delays-and-lack-of-info./page15