Getting The Tax Sticker For My Motorbike Only At Hang Dong Road?

rickthailand

On Nong Krai junction, San Sai, opposite Nim Si Seng.

There are many shops that they have service about vehicle tax such as: Central airport 2nd floor, Robinson airport 1st floor, Nim Si Seng, Nut motor on Huay Kaew road, Sahapanich on Shotana road.

The only problem with those places is that they are not same-day service (according to the g/f who went to a couple of them). One place said come back in 7 days and the other longer. That's fine if you still have a month to go and don't anticipate on being in the Hang Dong area any time soon but most people wait until the last minute which in that case they won't do you much good.

What about the main vehicle tax and licencing office (opposite the Holiday Inn) That takes "come back in 2hrs" as I recall, ok but who wants to hang out for 2hrs around there?

If you're referring to the office on CM-Lamphun rd, it's a drive-in thing, no waiting.

It only takes 5 minutes to do the tax but you must to get the insurance first and if the bike is over 5 years old then you have to have a document to say they checked the bike then they put a small slip in the green book to say you have paid the insurance and had the check then you can go get the tax in hang dong you can get insurance but they don't have the facilities on site to check the bikes where as in nong hoi opposite holiday inn they have everything in the same area the garage is next to to the main centre on the right and all the insurance places are before on the left .

If you have a car the check needs to be done after 7 years from new .

If you want any more info about this process then please pm me as i am at the tax office a least 3 times a week .

Edited by rakchaingmai