Red-Shirt Leader Korkaew Warns Of Civil War If Court Rules Against Amendments

webfact

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longer version in the other paper.

Very very incendiary stuff,

Yea, I found the part "It is not just a threat" to be fairly interesting...

Indeed. Very ominous language. Where is the "Constitutional Court" anyway, might give that part of town a very wide berth on Friday.

Yea, I found the part "It is not just a threat" to be fairly interesting...

Indeed. Very ominous language. Where is the "Constitutional Court" anyway, might give that part of town a very wide berth on Friday.

I believe its on Chaengwattana

If PTP gets disbanded, I believe Yingluck would still be PM, since she is not a party executive.

I wonder how she would treat the red shirts if they started rioting?

She would not treat them in anyway. Big Brother and P'Chalerm would deal with the problem. She would certainly have some meeting of the highest importance awaiting for her somewhere.

• Like 1

If PTP gets disbanded, I believe Yingluck would still be PM, since she is not a party executive.

I wonder how she would treat the red shirts if they started rioting?

Last time i remember they had a red shirt mob to control protesters at the parliment. So it would be red shirts preventing red shirts from rioting. Makes perfect sense.

PTP has stirred all this up intentionally, in my opinion. The Constitution has 309 sections. They could have changed 306 of them with a simple majority vote in parliament. The opposition would not have had a legal leg to stand on because they would not be rewiting the whole constitution and not changing the basic form of the govenment. Instead they decided to go for a complete rewite. 306 sections wasn't good enough for them they wanted to change the all.

Well, lets not split hairs, no one can give a completely concise legal ruling as to why the court has even accepted this case.

I agree and would very much like to hear what the court's justification for taking the case was when it seems to me it went against the wording of the Constitution, but the fact remains that if PTP had simply gone the route of changing the clauses that they don't like then this fiasco in the courts would not be happening. Of course it is likely that people would have found other grounds for stopping the amendment process.

"the tactic of staging protests adopted by core members takes too long to achieve victory. So they may resort to violence."

It didn't help them last time when they resorted to violence.

"the tactic of staging protests adopted by core members takes too long to achieve victory. So they may resort to violence."

It didn't help them last time when they resorted to violence.

I think he means, they won't sit down and wait this time.

To be perfectly frank, the judges should give their verdict from unknown location, and the police should stop any public gatherings around the constitutional court after statements like this.

• Like 1

So what happened to the statement a few days ago... "We will respect the ruling of the court."?

Oh right, I forgot. It should have read.. 'We will respect the ruling of the court, as long as it goes our way.'

• Like 2

So what happened to the statement a few days ago... "We will respect the ruling of the court."?

Oh right, I forgot. It should have read.. 'We will respect the ruling of the court, as long as it goes our way.'

The second part of the statement was implied and therefore deemed not necessary to report on it :)

• Like 1

where is the difference here ? these pukes purport to be the defenders of democracy but have no concept of the judiciary as an independent entity... or even an entity...what they are trying to operate as is a parliamentary dictatorship... that is their understanding (if any) of majority in parliament... need to understand that a parliamentary system of dictatorship is still dictatorship... what a shame...

but the courts are not independent.

• Like 1

PTP has stirred all this up intentionally, in my opinion. The Constitution has 309 sections. They could have changed 306 of them with a simple majority vote in parliament. The opposition would not have had a legal leg to stand on because they would not be rewiting the whole constitution and not changing the basic form of the govenment. Instead they decided to go for a complete rewite. 306 sections wasn't good enough for them they wanted to change the all.

Well, lets not split hairs, no one can give a completely concise legal ruling as to why the court has even accepted this case.

I agree and would very much like to hear what the court's justification for taking the case was when it seems to me it went against the wording of the Constitution, but the fact remains that if PTP had simply gone the route of changing the clauses that they don't like then this fiasco in the courts would not be happening. Of course it is likely that people would have found other grounds for stopping the amendment process.

Actually, they could get out of this by deeming that they incorrectly interpreted their remit and shouldn't have got involved at all. Would that mean that the Constitutional Court, broke the Constitution?

Now that would open up a very Thai comedic can of worms, who would judge, the judges for the constitution, for misinterpreting the constitution? Don't say it isn't possible. TIT after all.

Doesn't really matter what people think, the law is the law and must be upheld by all levels of society, otherwise we are no better than the Neanderthals who inhabited the earth many Milena ago.

Sadly many aspects of Thai society believe they are above the law, on both sides of the political fence!

It will not make much of a difference a "life firing zone" in the middle of bangkok established by the red shirts or by the elite sponsored by the army and the Democrat party.

But it will make a difference with you posting about how bad the red shirts are for setting up a "life firing zone".

It's not just the red shirts who are ready for war. People are getting utterly sick of this endless antagonism and want closure, not matter what it costs.

You are right, sooner or later something's gotta give...

They started down this long winding road when they showed no balls whatsoever over Thaksin's asset declaration and the garderner/maid issue.

I worry something quite cataclysmic may be about to give.................

"He said if police refused to arrest the judges, the people would take the law into their own hands and try to arrest the judges.

Korkaew said the elite would mobilise their supporters to protect the judges and the people of the two sides would clash.

Korkaew said police would not be able to control the situation so the military would stage a coup. After the coup, the people would come out to wage a civil war against the military, Korkaew added."

Brilliant. Can't wait to see this scenario unfold. His comments seem to give substance to the petitioners' otherwise flimsy claims of an attempt to overthrow the existing order. What a prat!

It sounds similar to the plans they had during their 2010 sit in. Keep ramping things up until they get the reaction they want.

• Like 1

Obstructing democracy and the people's will will lead to bloodshed as has been witnessed around the world. Let the spilt blood stain the hands of the judges and the elite who are only interested in self preservation of their priveleged positions.

Supporting democracy doesn't mean that you can ignore the law.

but that is the point, isn't it? The gov't was following the law.

The court jumped in with 2 feet rather than waiting. This would make it appear like the court has an agenda in this debate.

Were they following the law?

We'll find out on Friday.