Have you made any Thai male friends?

marquess

Did that come out sounding snobby? What I meant to try to point out, if you had read previous posts, was that the notion that one could become good friends with a Thai man that one knows only casually (such as ones samlor driver or barber or MP or whatever) is not likely to happen.

I didn't take it as snobby but would suggest perhaps the definition of 'friend' may lie in the eye of the beholder. At risk of sounding 'jaded' ala Butterfly, the best we can do is hang on to one or two good friends and consider ourselves fortunate.

Agreed Boon Mee, I think we may be defining "friend" in very different ways here.

OMG, something must be going wrong here, Boon Mee and SBK having something we agree on! :o

That was so yesterday - our 'disagreements' that is... :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW: wasn't it this guy (Ulysses...going by other names) who has been banned from other Forums for his Anti-Thai rhetoric!???

No it wasn't, but you are welcome to try to find some of these mythical posts instead of dreaming up lies.

BTW, making absurd, unfounded accusations, that have nothing to do with the topic, doesn't help your argument in the least. :D

Thou protesteth too much, "Ulysses"... :o

BTW: wasn't it this guy (Ulysses...going by other names) who has been banned from other Forums for his Anti-Thai rhetoric!???

No it wasn't, but you are welcome to try to find some of these mythical posts instead of dreaming up lies.

BTW, making absurd, unfounded accusations, that have nothing to do with the topic, doesn't help your argument in the least. :D

Thou protesteth too much, "Ulysses"... :o

Why don't you find one "Anti-Thai" post that I have written, "blabber". :D

I may have a few Thai 'pals', but no friends. We have things in common with friends, but pals just get along with us.

What would I talk about with a Thai friend? Books? No way. Music? I hate Linkin park. Football? I like the underdogs. World news? They don't know where anywhere is. Thai TV? That's a joke.

I enjoy my wifes family as they are regular working class. So am I.

As for Hi-So, no way. People who sob when a friend has a real name brand bag puzzel me.