World'S 50 Most Delicious Foods

CurryAfficionado

What gastronomic philistine didn't put a fried egg, bacon, sausage and black pudding bap in first place?

black pudding might have won if they could have found someone who is willing to try it.

This is more just a personal anecdote than a rebuttal but I haven't met anyone who was "turned off" of black pudding because they found out what it was. Hell, I'd say it's the least offensive of the "less common" meats.

I actually like the German version (Blutwurst (Blood-Sausage))....

I worked in an English Supermarket in Austria and they had Black Pudding. In German you only use Pudding for this sweet food....Strawberry Pudding, etc etc.

And some people were shocked that the English make a Pudding (still thinking for the sweet thing) with blood....

A Thai curry at number one, no way. I like Massaman but in comparison to some of the Indian curries, not even close.

Nam Tok, I like it, but can't see it as being a food that would be universally liked.

I feel like I am going to argue with my father who swears by Indian curries. smile.png Please don't tell me you insist on a cold beer with your curry too.

The man also would eat baked beans.

I prefer Thai curries particularly the yellow. Thai red curry (kaeng phet - spicey for you purists) is also wonderful. However, my absolute favourite is the local rendition of Penang curry, a yellow mild variant that is soothing. Indian curries have too much oil and lack the unique flavour of the lime which distinguishes the wonderful Thai curries.

However, I am shocked that mai goreng, a staple of my younger days is not acknowledged. It's soul food.

Pretty subjective. But if you consider all the different tastes and preferences out there, not a bad list. I did find some of these generic items a bit odd. Like croissant, donuts, corn on the cob (<deleted>?), ice cream, hamburger, brownie and vanilla ice cream, chocolate, etc. It's as if the author got lazy and just decided, "let's put these down, everybody likes this stuff!" The Massaman curry is not a bad choice for number 1--good eats!

I think it is a fair list, most of those things are yummy and it really depends on cook.For me pizza would cover the first 5 spots, but that isn't how these things work. I am a bit offended pizza was only number 2, and lasagna was way down at 23. But polls are polls.

Tom yung goong doesn't belong on the list at all.

Massaman curry

i wouldn't touch any dish that contains tofu, peanuts or cashews, cinnamon and star anise nor would i serve to my dogs.

a huge variety of excellent and extremely delicious Thai food exists without the above mentioned abominations used only by sadistic and xenophobic perverts with the intention to debase Thai food and scare Farangs away.

laugh.png

Pizza seems to be popular.

I've never really understood the popularity of pizza.

Its enjoyable ever now and again I suppose, but even so I've got to be pretty desperate for a Western meal (and unable to find anything better locally when I'm hungry), before I'd even think about buying one.

Its enjoyable ever now and again I suppose, but even so I've got to be pretty desperate for a Western meal (and unable to find anything better locally when I'm hungry), before I'd even think about buying one.

I can't say I understand it, although I don't think it warrants much thought - it is a pretty basic food.

But you can't argue with its popularity. That's why it's always the safe bet for food choice at a party/etc. When have you ever met someone who doesn't like pizza?

Agree, I've just noted that there are a lot of topics that starts with "where to find" .....

Agree, I've just noted that there are a lot of topics that starts with "where to find" .....

............................McDonald's. smile.png

It's imposssible to get a really good one in Thailand. A good pizza is probably the Western food that I miss most and really good Mexican food is number two. I also miss Chinese food like they make in Hong Kong, Singapore and San Francisco.

• Like 1