Soi Forbidden To Farangs

aneliane

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunno why the OP continues to live in Thailand.

Everyone is so rude and nasty to her. Offensivness is lurking behind every corner.

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I think I might go and eat worms....blah blah.

No

Some people are polite

Some are rude

Some people have issues

like everywhere else

Wake up, it's reality, no Lalaland

Dear aneliane ... I know that you meant well but ...

Maybe you owe samran an apology.

He is Thai and now lives in a western Culture so has an excellent understanding of cross-cultural issues.

Everyone is so rude and nasty to her. Offensivness is lurking behind every corner.

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I think I might go and eat worms....blah blah.

No

Some people are polite

Some are rude

Some people have issues

like everywhere else

He is Thai and now lives in a western Culture so has an excellent understanding of cross-cultural issues.

"...offensiveness is lurking behind every corner"

He's behind you!

SC

Aneliane: Sounds like you are a great lass and doing good works in a hostile environment, goodonya gal but maybe time to look to yourself and maybe move to someplace nicer and continue your good works and some good works for yourself..would be nice to walk o a beach with your pooch hugh?

Probably lots of Thai people in need of your help in a better environment and they will no doubt accept you're dogs too...

take care......

I am not familiar with any of the previous gripes of the OP, this seems a common occurence judging from some responses?

Maybe this 'I am a lickle girl in the big bad world' thing is projecting something outwards to people or maybe you take certain situations the wrong way because of this mentality (not neccessarily this thing but I mean in general) smile.png

Yeah sure .. a guy speeding towards me on his dirt bike shouting at me, because he sussed me out as a "lickle girl" etc...

Am a bit confused, is it the dog or you they dont want to enter the soi?....

Well so am I, he said no dogs allowed but other dogs were there

And the GO HOME was not for my dog

You stated in your original post about the commotion your dog was making when it ran across other dogs and cats on the Soi. I don't want to steer you away from your ranting with logic but could it be they (1 person on a bike) are just sick of you bringing your dog down their Soi causing a ruckus for dogs that actually live on the Soi?

that was AFTER the muslim guy had long gone

You stated in your original post about the commotion your dog was making when it ran across other dogs and cats on the Soi. I don't want to steer you away from your ranting with logic but could it be they (1 person on a bike) are just sick of you bringing your dog down their Soi causing a ruckus for dogs that actually live on the Soi?

that was AFTER the muslim guy had long gone

But, the proof you site that this man had a things against farangs and not your dog is ...

Proof of it ?

30 meters away from there, same soi, we encountered soi dogs and so many cats (my dog was going crazy)!

If he didn't see this then it makes no sense to say it is proof.

he also did say that his dog was tightly leashed, so if anything it would have been the soi dogs running overthumbsup.gif

he is a she whistling.gif

I have never heard of such rudeness from any Muslim, I have travelled extensively throughout the Muslim world and have only been met with Kindness. I am White British by the way.

Maybe there was more too it.. Maybe there was a big Hi Lo game going on they didn't want you to see :-)

And my local shop too ?

It isn't your shop just a shop where you buy a few things

No

Some people are polite

Some are rude

Some people have issues

like everywhere else

Thanks for your kind words David, but not needed. In this case, it has got nothing to do with my fabulous understanding (or not) of cross cultural issues ;)

More that sometimes you just can tell that people really shouldn't be given passports.

Sounds like the OP is one of those cases.

ps...and yes Anelaine - Thailand is far from lala land, which is why it is so great. Warts and all, in your face, on a daily basis. Some, like me, revel in it.

• Like 2

There are stupid people everywhere...

1. You like your house, to me it seams as a nearly impossible place to find somewhere else (Given the 4 dogs, Price, Location)

2. Nobody have any rights to any Soi's anywhere, based on skin color, nationality or other BS.

3. For the sake of everybody, and world karma - if you do not fell unsafe(i hardly think that guy would get violent?) Don't move and walk your dog (in a leach) where ever you want.

There must be some nice people around? Weren't you the one, where some boys followed you and some nice people came to help?

Disregard this fool - and stay where you are! (same with the loco's in here thumbsup.gif )

Good luck....hope you don't run into this clown again - and if you do, just say to him politely that he should turn his voice down, and you walk where ever you want - when you are causing no trouble, to others.

About the Jap's as someone so nicely call's them - same thing, i disregard there bullshit "Japanese only" and go to these bars anyway. I respect that some of them has a dress code - fine, but i will not respect any difference made on skin color or nationality/religion.

I was at a bar between Suk. 5 and 7 once (i think it was about there) When i saw there was a sign in the window(After having a quite few beers and pool games ) That said "No service for Afrika man, Please!" I told the owner that she was an idiot(In Thai)....and wouldn't support a bar like that, so we left....and then the bar was empty again.

Please do provoke idiots, that try to let xenophobia and stupid religion, decide where us normal, sane people can sit/walk/drink/what ever.

As long as it doesn't causes you no physical harm wai.gif

Yeah sure .. a guy speeding towards me on his dirt bike shouting at me, because he sussed me out as a "lickle girl" etc...

I'm confused by your term "lickle girl" and the etc.

Can you elaborate on what it is you are trying to say here please?

your shop

your soi

you don't pickup the poo of your dogs

walking around in an extreme muslim area in your shorts

they always pick on me whistling.gif

I don't pick up because my dog don't pooh or piss on their soi.

That is called education

I'm confused by your term "lickle girl" and the etc.

Can you elaborate on what it is you are trying to say here please?

I can't it's not mine it's the guy I quoted.

My spell-check does not like it either.

I have no idea, hence I put the "..."

Edited by aneliane

No

Some people are polite

Some are rude

Some people have issues

like everywhere else

Thanks for your kind words David, but not needed. In this case, it has got nothing to do with my fabulous understanding (or not) of cross cultural issues wink.png

More that sometimes you just can tell that people really shouldn't be given passports.

Sounds like the OP is one of those cases.

ps...and yes Anelaine - Thailand is far from lala land, which is why it is so great. Warts and all, in your face, on a daily basis. Some, like me, revel in it.

Here we go again

And again

and again

For the 1478589574 th time :WHERE DID I SAY I DID NOT LIKE THAILAND ???

I am debating an issue

An issue does NOT equal to my all life

Do you understand that ?

Do you understand that I have OTHERS aspects of my life in Thailand that I like and deliberately choose not to share those aspects with you ?

Is it really so difficult to understand ?

Edited by aneliane

Here we go again

And again

and again

I am debating an issue

Do you understand that ?

Do you understand that I have OTHERS aspects of my life in Thailand that I like and deliberately choose not to share those aspects with you ?

Go on then... tell us about some aspects of Thailand or Thai people that you don't hate...

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Here we go again

And again

and again

I am debating an issue

Do you understand that ?

Go on then... tell us about some aspects of Thailand or Thai people that you don't hate...

On the top of my head and this is obviously non exhaustive list

I LOVE

The gastronomy

The cinematography

The kindness

The smile

The sustainability of traditional way of life

The architecture

The clothes

The calm and collected nature of most people

The way food is eaten outside just about everywhere

Their interest for Thai Herbal medicines

The fact that despite a fierce industrial development, they try and keep their traditions.

And obviously plenty of things I love about the place too

Edited by aneliane

i seriously do not understand why so many people are attacking OP?blink.png

Even assuming OP does not pick up the poo, but neither does the rest of the population.

Lets say OP walking down the soi stirs up all the soi dogs, so what?

Lets assume there was a legitimate reason for asking OP not to come to this soi, there sure is a nicer way to approach it and speak to someone.

So OP may not like or understand Thai culture, same as a large majority of expats in Thailand.

Common.. really people...............rolleyes.gif

Whats wrong with some of you people? A felow Ferang, and female at that, as experienced something quite distressing and some of you chose to have a pop at her?

i dont believe for a second she is telling lies and further more, she has every right to walk down any soi in any area of Bangkok without being told to leave simply because she is white and/or non muslim.

Personaly, I would have punched the bloke straight in the hooter. Seriously. Im not hiding behind a keyboard here. If some dirty rag head told me to leave "his" soi because I am a "dog" I would without hesitation <deleted> the bloke.

A few miles from my old moo baan in Hua Hin there was a muslim area out in the sticks. I was once riding my bike through the area and two rag heads asked motioned for me not to make a left turn into some street. Im assuming because I am not a muslim. I continued and actualy made it a daily habit: no matter how busy I was, I would find the time to drive around that area on my bike whilst drinking a can of Singha.

Im going to get berated for this, knowing TV posters so well, but thats what I believe in: a right to go where I want, whenever I want. I will certainly not let any dirty suicide bomber tell me where I can and cant go.

Stop attacking the OP. It sounds like she is having a hard time of it latley and you cowards should be siding up with her and making her feel better about life in Thailand.... Not calling her a lier and attacking her every observation. Dickheads. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Edited by thelongshoot

Here we go again

And again

and again

I am debating an issue

Do you understand that ?

Why should she? She is simply talking about one incident that she does not like. In your eyes she hates everything about Thailand, simply because she does not like being called a dog and told to leave an area?

If i was to look through your old posts I am sure I would find a post you made describing something you dislike about Thailand. Should I then assume you like nothing about Thailand? Should I pester you to prove what you "like" about this country?

• Like 1

your shop

your soi

you don't pickup the poo of your dogs

walking around in an extreme muslim area in your shorts

they always pick on me whistling.gif

Hang on a minute..... Your advocating seclusion? You think she should stay away from Muslim areas because she is white? By the same token then would you also advocate Muslims staying away from non muslim areas? You cant have your cake and eat it mate.

The OP has the right to go wherever she wants, whenever she wants, providing she is being respectfull. I do not see anything wrong with her walking her pooch along a soi at night and she has as much right to do so as a muslim.

• Like 1

I will certainly not let any dirty suicide bomber tell me where I can and cant go.

Not much chance of encountering a suicide bomber anywhere though, as by definition they would surely have blown themselves before you would have chance to be told anything by them. Why mention an extremely small demographic of people in this thread about a perceived muslim soi in Bangkok anyway?

I will certainly not let any dirty suicide bomber tell me where I can and cant go.

Not much chance of encountering a suicide bomber anywhere though, as by definition they would surely have blown themselves before you would have chance to be told anything by them. Why mention an extremely small demographic of people in this thread about a perceived muslim soi in Bangkok anyway?

I think Ahmed would disagreetongue.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTpDlXb_UyI&feature=related