Anyone Been Suffering With Itchy Eyes?

giddyup

I've never had a problem with allergies in my life, but lately the corners of my eyes (near the nose) have become very itchy. I have tried some allergy eye drops from the pharmacy and they stung like crazy, but didn't make any difference. I'm just using an eye wash called Opsar at present, but wonder if I need to take an antihistamine. Is this time of the year paricularly bad for allergies in Thailand? I have been living here for nearly 3 years and not had the problem before.

Edited by giddyup

It could be something in the Shower Water. I regularly add a little bit of bleach (Blue Haiter) to my underground water tank which is fed by the mains. Ideally it would be if you have a filtration system in between the mains and the Tank.

It could be something in the Shower Water. I regularly add a little bit of bleach (Blue Haiter) to my underground water tank which is fed by the mains. Ideally it would be if you have a filtration system in between the mains and the Tank.

My water comes direct into the house through the mains, it's only when the town water is turned off that I draw from the tank. There may well be some chemical that they have started to add to the water that's the problem, but my Thai lady is unaffected.

Me too. Started earlier this year. In my case I came to the conclusion it was due to the increased dust floating around after last years flooding and all the construction thats still going on as a result. It has improved a bit since the rain started.