That Age Difference Question Again

MrHammer

You can never get too much of a good thing, for example cracking jokes about the elderly who think they're attractive to someone 50 years young than them (you're not unless you're rich AND famous). Despite the claims, I've rarely seen old Thai geezers with young thai girls outside soapies and membership clubs.

But how much of an age difference is generally acceptable to you - and what do you think is generally accepted in society?

I thin the old 'divide by 2 add 7' rule is a pretty good indicator. Say you're 40, then the lowest you can go is 27. But maybe other factors should be added to our equation such as a full head of hair, no huge gut, knowing how to dress, not looking out of place at an Thai club etc. Or maybe it only works the other way, so if you're 40, bald or balding, overweight, dressed in beer chang singlet and living off swindled government handouts, you can only get: 40/2 + 7 + (fat (yes/no) + bald (yes/no) + 2*poor (yes/no) + poorly dressed (yes/no)) = 32 years of age. Of course, one can tweak the weights and factors as one likes.

Perhaps we here at Thai Visa can come up with the sort of equation above?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be on a winning idea for an App MrHammer. 'The dating age compatibility App.'

Each persons details are put into the App and the App tells you if the age difference is acceptable.

Good idea.

What about an App where you take a photo of you both and see what your children would look like ... rolleyes.gif

(Imagine if theblether had used that in ChiangMai over New Year's Eve)

• Like 1

You might be on a winning idea for an App MrHammer. 'The dating age compatibility App.'

Each persons details are put into the App and the App tells you if the age difference is acceptable.

Good idea.

What about an App where you take a photo of you both and see what your children would look like ... rolleyes.gif

(Imagine if theblether had used that in ChiangMai over New Year's Eve)

http://www.makemebabies.com/

Excellent idea.

im 52 and the wife is 27, together 7 years baby due in sept, very very happy,

so what you think about age diff is shhhite

I only hope you have a good pension scheme set up, when the kid is eighteen you will be looking at retirement. Making no comment on the age difference by the way, that is entirely up to the individuals involved and for me is not a subject for discussion, only the late fatherhood would be a bit of a worry for me. Hope all goes well in September.

I have an aquaintance who is 74 who has fathered two children in the last 3 years. He is living on about 300 baht a day for 5 people, (his wife had a son previously), because his UK pension is so small. This is just utter madness, he will never see his children grow up, nor does he have the means to support them properly and he is the only falang living in a small village. Is he happy? He is miserable as hell but can't see any way out.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

Every couple where the farang bloke is 20 years + older than his Thai wife/gf that i know, the younger Thai gf/wife has been playing around with younger Thai/farang men behind her older farang partners back.

i still go to work, im in scotland at the moment on 420pound a day, im not botherd about money, last year i was in brazil and the year before i was in angola, my children, both in the uk and in thailand will be very very well looked after, nobody has to worry about that,

my wife and i are very happy, we have a small pig farm thats makes money too by the way,

ill see my little girl grow, god or buda forbid,

my lifes never been happier,

good luck to all here in thailand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, jake

• Like 2

Every couple where the farang bloke is 20 years + older than his Thai wife/gf that i know, the younger Thai gf/wife has been playing around with younger Thai/farang men behind her older farang partners back.

How many do you know exactly?

• Like 1

50 and 27 here, married for 5 years and could not be happier

• Like 2

I only hope you have a good pension scheme set up, when the kid is eighteen you will be looking at retirement. Making no comment on the age difference by the way, that is entirely up to the individuals involved and for me is not a subject for discussion, only the late fatherhood would be a bit of a worry for me. Hope all goes well in September.

I have an aquaintance who is 74 who has fathered two children in the last 3 years. He is living on about 300 baht a day for 5 people, (his wife had a son previously), because his UK pension is so small. This is just utter madness, he will never see his children grow up, nor does he have the means to support them properly and he is the only falang living in a small village. Is he happy? He is miserable as hell but can't see any way out.

I would think he doesnt have that long to suffer

• Like 1

I would think he doesnt have that long to suffer

He's a very fit looking 74, could pass for 10 years younger, so could well live another 10 years or more. That's a lot of suffering.

The problem is not only the age you are but also the age you appear.

It seems men age two time faster than women. We met with my wife around 15 years ago. We recently found a picture from that time. My wife looks almost the same as 15 years ago. But for me ... I gained weight, lost hairs ... sad.png

We both spend a lot of money taking care of ourselves. But for my wife it's in spa, beauty salon, laser treatment ... For me it's mostly in good restaurants licklips.gif

I think maybe I'm on something here ....

Edited by JurgenG
  • Like 1

And what business is the age difference to anyone except the principles? Are you jealous? So what if it is a business deal? His money and her youth. He is happy and she has some security and a much better life.

For those who do marry a much younger lady, they must remember that a fool and his money are soon parted. I do hate to see old men lose their life savings so they must be careful not to spend more than they can afford to lose. It's all about having a plan B. You can't take it with you anyways so enjoy it while you can.

I used to think dating younger girls was a problem, especially when their friends were around. The differences in conversational topics, thought-process, interests, and everything else was very pronounced. Generation gap and all that. However, it's clear that farangs dating Thai women close to their age STILL had to deal with significant cultural/language issues. The age thing really became just another minor variant if you're involved in a cross-cultural, interracial relationship (we're not talking massive age differences). Point is, if you're going to date a Thai girl, just having someone you can trust, enjoy being around, etc., may just be enough. Age is secondary.

• Like 2

Hammer, never ever talk about this in this forum its populated by old people. You will always loose they can't look at it without bias.

There are guys who are older and in good shape, but the majority wears singles and has a beer gut that would make Homer Simpson proud. Money can only compensate for so much.

Later we will get the guys that say

- Young guys cheat that is why girls want older guys ( of course old guys cheat )

- Thai girls dont like thai men ( complete <deleted> as the majority marries thai guys and stars in soaps are thai)

- Girls like older guys (crazy too as large marjority here is of equal age just look around just a few are a lot older and often money is involved)

This is all said to so they don't have to face the facts.

Just look at how long the relation would last if you did not have the money. So then she loves your money and not you. If your ok with that that fine your life. Just don't come crying when she has taken it all. You see that a lot. Its a mutual agreement you use up her youth she uses up your money.

I really have no problem against people who are in large age gap relations as long as they don't come to moan how bad Thai girls are once they loose their money.

Of course people will come out of the woodwork claiming of couples that do well. Like i said the majority does not. I can win in a cassino too but more often then not you loose.

Its not bad to want a young woman its perfectly natural and its perfectly natural for her to want your money to compensate. As long as that is realized all things are good. Truth be told i rather not be in a relation like that where money problems would end the relation too.

The majority does not? Do you have some statistics to back this up? I'm 69 and most of my friends are of a similar age with long term Thai partners 20 years or more younger than them. Of course money helps in keeping the relationship solid, but I know of a few cases where the guys have lost nearly everything through bad investments and their partners have stood by them.

I know I will get slated by a few morons on this site but I live in a world with " Freedom of Speech " before I start I am 61 years of age so here goes 60 year old man with girl of 20 she is at an age where she could be his granddaughter now that I do find disgusting and if he has children of his own who are older than her how are they going to feel about his relationship these old farts need to wake up and realize that it is not there good looks that these girls are after but there ATM card and in 6 years living in the kingdom I have seen enough of them it was only a matter of weeks ago that myself and wife ( we are both farang ) went to the aid of a German guy in his 60s who had come off his scooter he was in a terrible mess from drink he was that drunk he just could not stand this was at 2 in the afternoon he had attempted to drive from his rented house 50 mtrs away . We got him back into the house and all he could do was cry about his young Thai lady who had lived with him for a year and had cleared out the night before taking all his money he told us she was 21 and had met anoth wealthy farang and that he was going to kill him.The house was a <deleted> hole full of empty leo and thai whiskey bottles we put him on his bed turned him on his side and left. Have since gone back but it appears to be empty do I feel sorry for these silly fools in a way yes and in another way no