Want To Buy A Piece Of Land In The Pak Chong Area - Advice Requested

thailoneus

Hi folks,

We have ( or my wife has, and I will willingly go along) decided to explore the possibility of establishing a home. At this time the requirement is for her to purchase 1 Rai (or 2) of land in the right location at the right price in the Pak Chong "region". Planning of the house building is a much later task. At this time I have not visited PC. But the decision has been made. All I have learned about the region is fully acceptable to me. We are planning a trip to PC around mid August.

Looking for advice from people (who are not agents) living in the area:

• Locations,
  • How to find sellers,
  • Bank repos etc.
  • Things to be careful about this purchase.

Budget : About 2mill in total (+ or -) for land + subsequent single storey house.

Time frames : Purchase land lot ASAP. Build house within 1 year.

Key needs:

1. 1 Rai of land in a hilly area 'around' Pak Chong. I have heard of prices around 200-250k per Rai. Possible? As well as 2 mill and up! (budget does not allow it).
  2. About 250 - 300 m above sea/river level.
  3. Views of mountains.
  4. The weather must be a bit cooler.
  5. Chanote available, or if not, would like to know implications.
  6. Basic services..Power, Water, Internet, TV. Pl comment re. what if unavailable?
  7. Accessibility to Markets for groceries and food stuff. Have a vehicle, so a bit of a drive is not an issue.
  8. As close to town as possible.
  9. Quiet life.
  10. Open land or subdivision? Less than 1 rai can be considered if part of a sub-division.
  11. Open to a recently built house. 3 Bed, 2 toilet single storey, Double can be considered if 1 BR is on ground level. Should be possible to build a small extension to the house for the MIL, later.

Absolutely unimportant stuff:

• Luxury house
  • Farang community
  • Watering holes
  • Other entertainment venues
  • Any forms of excitement that may be generally commented on

Much appreciated.

T

Get a land lawyer to do the paper work. just because land has charnote it does not give an automatic right to build. Land titles are a minefield here, so believe no one. If you are going to build a nice house you don't want some local with a bit of pull. that you piss off complaining. So you can watch a bulldozer flattening your pride and joy. Step carefully, the Thai saying no problem means there is a problem. Jim

When we were looking in Pak Chong more than 2 years ago .. couldn't have touched your requirements within 20 km of town, not sure even then. If you want a reality check, visit ddproperty.com (Thai language property website).

When we were looking in Pak Chong more than 2 years ago .. couldn't have touched your requirements within 20 km of town, not sure even then. If you want a reality check, visit ddproperty.com (Thai language property website).

You beat me to it, even down to the ddproperty website.

The OP is at least 5 years too late, this area has prices off the wall, and last years floods in Bkk has only pushed the prices even higher.

The only thing I can add, does the OP mean Pak Chong or Kao Yai?

Most think they are interchangeable, they aint.

What is it the OP wants, for less money he could get the same in other areas, eg Lop Buri/Petchabun, or south of Kao Yai in the Nakon Nayok/PrachinBuri area.

If he ventures even further afield to the Chanthaburi area he could look at Soi Dao.

Get a land lawyer to do the paper work. just because land has charnote it does not give an automatic right to build. Land titles are a minefield here, so believe no one. If you are going to build a nice house you don't want some local with a bit of pull. that you piss off complaining. So you can watch a bulldozer flattening your pride and joy. Step carefully, the Thai saying no problem means there is a problem. Jim

Jim,

Could you expand a bit please? If she has a chanote, why will she not be able to build on the land?

You beat me to it, even down to the ddproperty website.

The OP is at least 5 years too late, this area has prices off the wall, and last years floods in Bkk has only pushed the prices even higher.

The only thing I can add, does the OP mean Pak Chong or Kao Yai?

Most think they are interchangeable, they aint.

What is it the OP wants, for less money he could get the same in other areas, eg Lop Buri/Petchabun, or south of Kao Yai in the Nakon Nayok/PrachinBuri area.

If he ventures even further afield to the Chanthaburi area he could look at Soi Dao.

I do mean Pak Chong and its 'surrounds". I do realize that Khao Yai is whole different kettle of fish.

Of the areas you mention, which ones are a bit hilly? I have visited Nakhon Nayok and found it completely flat and full of farming. What's Prachinburi like? I would like to be within a 2 hour drive from BKK if possible.