International Online Transfer Into Scb Account

Hi folks. Ok so I'm from Canada and just had my International online remittance turned on so I can transfer my money into my SCB (Siam Commercial Bank) account here. They charge $13.50 per transfer which is not the problem.

When I go to fill out the information of the recipient (which is me) it wants to know the name of the city (town) in which I opened my account and my address that would have been used when I opened my account.

Here's where it gets complicated......

I opened this account years ago in "Mae Jo"....just outside of Chiang Mai and was with a woman at that time who has since passed away. Now I'm sure she was with me at the time in the bank and I most likely used her address however I'll be damned if I could remember it .

Anyways I fill out most of the info they ask for and just left the address and the name of the town blank because I'm not sure if it would be spelled "Mae Joe" or "Mae Jo"

When I click on the "Verify" icon, it shows SCB's main branch on Petchuburi Rd in Bkk and already has the little circle beside it checked off almost like "auto fill"

Now keep in mind, I have put in my proper name as per my account, my Bank account number and the SWIFT code

So now I am on the "Review" page before submitting my transfer and of course the bank info including bank address etc. for SCB's main Bkk branch is automatically filled out BUT when making these types of transactions, once you click on the submit icon there is no turning back. You cannot cancel or do anything.

My question here is if anyone else does these International online transfers into your SCB account, is it normal that they would use the Bkk branch as default for transfers? I mean will it just go through that branch and they will deposit it into my account number that is provided OR do I need to find out how to spell "Mae Jo" and try and get my old address?????

I would really appreciate answers from people who know 100% and not only assume or are guessing because at $13.50 per transfer, I want to transfer a substantial amount and don't want to loose it.

Thank you in advance if you can help

Ok you are nearly there.

In the address you just put the name/address of the main branch in Thailand (in this case the one you mentioned) as all inward remittances to any bank in Thailand go thru the main branch and then are shunted to the account number of the recipient wherever their acct is (in your case Mae Jo).

So your name and account nbr is all that's required. I send from my home country account online to my Bangkok Bank acct and it's no more than 24 hours (last one was 6 hours).

If you don't send more than 20,000 US$ at one time then there is no scrutiny by the Bank of Thailand.

Also if you put retirement funds for the 'reason for transfer' then there's also no scrutiny.

Hope it helps you.

why not just do a test it's only going to cost $13.50 then send $10 if all work's then you will feel comfortable sending a large amount.

Why would I want to do that and waste time and money? That's the reason we have thaivisa.com forums. I see another has replied quite nicely.

Ok you are nearly there.

In the address you just put the name/address of the main branch in Thailand (in this case the one you mentioned) as all inward remittances to any bank in Thailand go thru the main branch and then are shunted to the account number of the recipient wherever their acct is (in your case Mae Jo).

So your name and account nbr is all that's required. I send from my home country account online to my Bangkok Bank acct and it's no more than 24 hours (last one was 6 hours).

If you don't send more than 20,000 US$ at one time then there is no scrutiny by the Bank of Thailand.

Also if you put retirement funds for the 'reason for transfer' then there's also no scrutiny.

Hope it helps you.

Yes. Actually the SCB help centre was open today so they confirmed what you told me. Thank you very much for your reply.