My Thailand Facelift Experience

laowai1960

• 3 years later...

Just a small update to this topic.

The prices quoted in the first post are way out of date now, I was quoted 100,000bt for the mini facelift at Phyathai Hospital.

But I have just come back from visiting them and having some work done and all I can say is that they're excellent there. Staff are friendly and very helpful and I would recommend to anyone a visit there if you are considering this type of work anytime soon.

• 10 months later...

What exactly do you mean by "non surgical face lift"?

There actually is no such thing i.e. there is no nothing of a non-surgical nature that will give the same results as a face lift.

Things that sometimes get hyped in those terms are:

Fillers , with or without botox: if  skillfully done, can fill out furrows and help slightly lift up. But cannot correct deep sagging. Botox will deal with any small superficial wrinkles. Note that these treatments wear off and have to be repeated periodically.

Thread lifts: designed to help pull up slightly sagging skin. Overall feedback I have heard on these is pretty negative and many places have accordingly stopped doing it.

Which of these do you mean?

Sorry face lift was maybe not the right word . Ultherapy I think is the common name.

What Im looking for is skin tightening. 

"intense pulsed light (IPL), ultrasound, and laser treatments

“Correction of pigmentation, fine lines, blotchiness, and redness are done with the right combination of skin care products and powerful light technology such as IPL and lasers,” says Spiegel. Another option is ultrasound, otherwise known as Ultherapy."

“Laser lift procedures utilize laser energy subdermally [placed beneath the skin] to create a controlled injury that melts fat and tightens skin,” says Zamora. “Laser lifts are ideal for the lower face and neck, and offer permanent results that instantly chisel and sculpt.”

Laser lifts require very small incisions under the chin and behind the ears. A fine laser is threaded under the skin to remove fat and tighten the area. Laser lifts can work well in combination with some of the rejuvenation techniques "

Edited by balo

What you quote discusses severak entirely different treatments.

All the major cosmetic clinics and derm depts of hospitals do Ulthera. It is not cheap (circa 50k), it is very painful, and the results are subtle...some difference but not huge. Some people don't even see it.

The laser lift described is something different (Ulthera is RF). I don't know of anyplace in Thailand doing it, would be interested to hear of any.

IPL used to be readily available but now hard to find. Bangkok Laser clinic still does it. It us helpful for evening out skin tone but tightening effect is minimal.

Are you sure you need skin tightening as opposed to volume restoration? Loose skin on the face is usually due to loss of collagen and replacing volume with fillers can help with that.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Hi Sheryl,  do you have any recommendations for a hospital to go to for a face lift?  Would appreciate your advice as you seem to have a very good knowledge of medical matters in Thailand.  Also have you heard of Thermage laser?  I had one of those treatments a year ago on skin and upper eyelids.  Didn't really see much difference between before and after. 

Edited by RichardThailand

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

@Sheryl Is away until about the 15th. I've tagged this post, so she will be notified about your question when she returns.

Thanks,  I think I will consider opening another post in a while to see if others can comment on their experiences.  Sometimes I think I can learn a lot more from the members here than from asking doctors and getting in touch with hospitals.