A Fond Farewell

Thanks for sharing. Also shows that being polite is the way to go with officials in any country.

Yermaneewai.gif

Absolutely, a smile and a genuine good feeling that can be read in your eyes works wonders. thumbsup.gif

Once got an upgrade from business to 1st in Abu Dhabi because I said " shukran" at the boarding gate when I received my boarding card back. He asked me if I spoke Arabic, and I said : no but I always learn a couple of words of the language of the country that I'm passing through just to be polite. He smiled took my boarding pass and changed the seat to 1st. Naturally I "shukraned" him again.tongue.png

Yermaneewai.gif

• Like 1

I rarely post much in here for reasons that are obvious but with all the doom and gloom stories of late and the "Thai bashing" I thought a good news story might make a change, there is not a day that goes by in this wonderful country where I see, hear or feel love and respect for the Thai people sure they have some issues but we could say that about most places, Thai people are warm, wonderful, inquisitive and above all else POLITE, I feel honored that I can now call Thailand my home away from home...

Yep agree, l came here with a blank brain to eliminate my past life and culture, (some here still say it is blank laugh.png ), if you cannot do the same then one will perhaps not adjust.

I rarely post much in here for reasons that are obvious but with all the doom and gloom stories of late and the "Thai bashing" I thought a good news story might make a change, there is not a day that goes by in this wonderful country where I see, hear or feel love and respect for the Thai people sure they have some issues but we could say that about most places, Thai people are warm, wonderful, inquisitive and above all else POLITE, I feel honoured that I can now call Thailand my home away from home...

+1

I rarely post much in here for reasons that are obvious but with all the doom and gloom stories of late and the "Thai bashing" I thought a good news story might make a change, there is not a day that goes by in this wonderful country where I see, hear or feel love and respect for the Thai people sure they have some issues but we could say that about most places, Thai people are warm, wonderful, inquisitive and above all else POLITE, I feel honoured that I can now call Thailand my home away from home...

Very nicely stated