Scoot!

eek

Many thanks to edwinclapham for the Scoot heads up. Just a couple of questions regarding it...

With the 11 hour or so wait/stop-over in Singapore, is there any cheap place to rest my head? What do you guys do? Just sleep in the airport? (grim!)

The other alternative is to book a flight direct to Singapore instead, then fly scoot to gold coast. However, i am in Chiang Mai, so a direct to Sing from CM would be really good..if only the price is right of course (cost is a factor unfortunately!). Do you know of any directs from CM to sing?

IF not, who do you consider best value from Bkk to Sing?

Thank you!

• Like 1

Scoot fares OOL-BKK (Coolangatta (Gold Coast) - Bangkok) Fly only ... add luggage if required

Wed 31 Oct $236

Fri 2 Nov $248

Sat 3 Nov $241

Air Asia don't come close at the moment.

you will be flying the other way I know but above is a guide.

OH Sun 30 Dec BKK - OOL is 9,240 Baht

• Like 1

There is a transit hotel in the airport.http://www.harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel.htm

Silk Airways fly from Chiang Mai to Singapore direct

This looks fab! I have to say, im impressed with the general facilities offered for travelers at the airport. Pool, gym, showers! The wait wouldnt seem very long at all with all that at a travelers disposal!

Oh..i realise its a no frills airline, and thats fine. Does that also mean no inflight entertainment in the form of those little seat tv screens then? ..kinda enjoy the novelty of those things tbh..but if not there, then not there, and thats fair enough!

Oh..i realise its a no frills airline, and thats fine. Does that also mean no inflight entertainment in the form of those little seat tv screens then? ..kinda enjoy the novelty of those things tbh..but if not there, then not there, and thats fair enough!

I believe that if you travel with the crew you flew with in Chiang Mai recently ... you will more then adequately entertained ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

I believe that if you travel with the crew you flew with in Chiang Mai recently ... you will more then adequately entertained ... whistling.gif

I HONESTLY would NOT be able to hack the pace. My boyfriend would receive a poor mentally exhausted girlfriend at the other side!!!!!!!

Free internet & cinema, free tour of downtown Singapore. Singapore airport has to be the best in the world for me, it caters for all and sundry.

http://www.changiair...e/movie-theatre

http://www.changiair...fer-experiences

http://www.changiair...nces/rest-areas

Here is something for you Eek minus a hangover... whistling.gif

Race down the world’s tallest slide!

Changi Slide

Crazy as it seems, Changi Airport has the world’s tallest indoor slide. Visitors get a free slide token with any $10 purchase anywhere in the airport. Feel like indulging the playful side of your nature? Go race down the 12 M/ 4 story slide!

Try your hand at art. Changi Interactive Art FOC

Make your own wood-block print then learn about Singaporean Peranakan and other SE Asian cultural arts at Changi’s Interactive Art Center.

Get up-to-date on the latest electronics. 3D Electronics Zone FOC

Do you love technology? Try out the newest games, computers, 3D TV, cameras and other cutting edge technology while you’re between flights. If you’re gallivanting around the world long-term it’s easy to get behind on new technology. Here’s an easy and fun chance to get caught up.

Relax in 5 different gardens. Changi Gardens

Prefer relaxing in nature? Wander through gardens of cactus, sunflowers, orchids, or ferns. Colorful butterflies are also fluttering around Changi’s Butterfly Garden, the world’s first butterfly garden at an airport.

Pamper your feet with free foot massages.

Rejuvenate your weary travel feet at plentiful free cushy massage chairs located throughout the airport. Relax as long as you want in luxurious lounge chairs while mechanical built-in massagers rub, press and roll your feet and ankles. You can even adjust settings to your preferred strength and type of massage!

Take a sight-seeing tour of Singapore city.

Changi’s Free City Tour

If you’ve got a 5-hour lay-over at Changi you can join a free 2-hour tour of Singapore. Changi’s city tour service will put you on a bus, take you into the city, board you on an old Chinese junk, sail you up and down the Singapore River with a tour guide, walk you along the scenic river banks, then take you back to the airport. All for free! Tours head out several times / day in mornings and afternoons.

To be honest, there is so much to do at Changi Eek, you wont be bored.

Enjoy!

Edited by edwinclapham
  • Like 2

^ At that rate i need a LONGER stop over. Sounds like a holiday in itself!!

For a stopover I usually book one of the Ambassador hotels within the airport... http://www.harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel.html

Clean, efficient and comfortable... but to be honest you probably wont require it Eek.

Single room S$ 76.51 = TB 1,927 for a block of 6 hrs.

Left Luggage is cheap as well.. http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/facilities-and-services/baggage-services

We are actually flying with Scoot to Singapore tomorrow, bit of a late flight, leaves BKK at 20.00.

There is no seatback entertainment, they ripped them all out to save weight, you can rent iPads pre-loaded with entertainment.

Price of the flights are ok, but they are pushing the boundaries with the extras, 200 Baht person per flight credit card fee, so 800 Baht for the return flight for the two of us, 125 Baht for selecting a standard seat and 850 Baht round trip for 20 kg of checked baggage.

Free internet & cinema, free tour of downtown Singapore. Singapore airport has to be the best in the world for me, it caters for all and sundry.

Changi Slide

Crazy as it seems, Changi Airport has the world’s tallest indoor slide. Visitors get a free slide token with any $10 purchase anywhere in the airport. Feel like indulging the playful side of your nature? Go race down the 12 M/ 4 story slide!

Make your own wood-block print then learn about Singaporean Peranakan and other SE Asian cultural arts at Changi’s Interactive Art Center.

Do you love technology? Try out the newest games, computers, 3D TV, cameras and other cutting edge technology while you’re between flights. If you’re gallivanting around the world long-term it’s easy to get behind on new technology. Here’s an easy and fun chance to get caught up.

Prefer relaxing in nature? Wander through gardens of cactus, sunflowers, orchids, or ferns. Colorful butterflies are also fluttering around Changi’s Butterfly Garden, the world’s first butterfly garden at an airport.

Rejuvenate your weary travel feet at plentiful free cushy massage chairs located throughout the airport. Relax as long as you want in luxurious lounge chairs while mechanical built-in massagers rub, press and roll your feet and ankles. You can even adjust settings to your preferred strength and type of massage!

Changi’s Free City Tour

If you’ve got a 5-hour lay-over at Changi you can join a free 2-hour tour of Singapore. Changi’s city tour service will put you on a bus, take you into the city, board you on an old Chinese junk, sail you up and down the Singapore River with a tour guide, walk you along the scenic river banks, then take you back to the airport. All for free! Tours head out several times / day in mornings and afternoons.

Enjoy!

It's like a mini holiday!

• Like 1

Thanks theoldgit. Noticed a few hidden costs there. Still works out quite a lot cheaper than airasias cnx-KL-goldcoast flight. Just wished airasia hadnt stopped their cnx to sing flights..that would have been perfect sad.png

Do you recommend going with Scoots insurance policy? Or usually go with another..or?

Sorry for all the questions, its been a very long time since ive flown internationally.

Edit: Bookman.. I KNOW!! looks amazing..haha!

Edited by eek

Changi Slide

Changi’s Free City Tour

Enjoy!

It's like a mini holiday!

Yes Bookman, I have to say after many so called modern airports, it is a breath of fresh air at Changi.. they are NOT on the money unlike somerolleyes.gif

I forgot to mention the swimming pool.. http://www.changiair...s/swimming-pool thats excellent value, something we as a family enjoy at Changi.

Enjoy the relaxing ambience of the Balinese-themed swimming pool and poolside area operated by Harilela Hospitality Pte Ltd. Passengers staying at the Ambassador Transit Hotel may use the pool and jacuzzi for free. Otherwise, a small fee of $13.91 is charged to non-residents for the use of the swimming pool and jacuzzi, including the use of the shower facilities, a towel and a complimentary non-alcoholic drink from the bar. The swimming pool is located at:

Terminal 1

• Near Transit Hotel at Departure Transit Lounge East, Level 3

For more information, please call (65) 6546 5357 or visit

www.harilelahospitality.com

Operating hours: 7.00am to 11.00pm, daily

Edited by edwinclapham

Do you recommend going with Scoots insurance policy? Or usually go with another..or?

I booked insurance with World Nomads, didn't even look at Scoots.

Certainly, even with all the extras, nobody could touch them on price.

I'd be interested if you have had any experiences with claiming anythign throgh nomads, oldgit

I researched insurance extensively 2 years back and world nomads didn't rate highly for claims and service and product coverage etc. This was an example of feedback. (also ranked low for CHOICE survey in Australia which is a consumer organisation that does unbiased reviews...)

a random google search....

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/world-nomads.html

<snip>

Showoff ... tongue.png

• Like 1

Singapore airport is way better then Thailand airport, There are transit area for you to rest and the chairs are definitely better then the shit thailand airport. And there is free 24hrs wifi as well.

• Like 2

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEkkkk !!! OK i am now all set to visit Australia for the first time, next month, for a couple of weeks.

I went through Scoot..so thanks so VERY much for that Edwin.

Shame that air asia doesnt do cnx direct to sin anymore.

It worked out cheaper and more convenient to fly:

CNX > BKK / BKK > SIN (Air Asia) then SCOOT to gold coast.

That way the long stopover wait at sin is prevented..and it actually worked out cheaper.

On the return ill be overnight in sin, because the flights didnt add up for me and i would be stuck in Bkk overnight. Id MUCH rather be stuck in Sin overnight, so booked my flights to bkk and cnx for the next day instead.

Came to under 20k which is a saving of over 10k on all other budget options i checked out.

Great saving! Especially for one on a rather tight budget. So THANKS!! wai.gif

• 1 month later...