Assassination Without Investigation......The Curse Of Thailand

theblether

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Blether: Thailand is indeed a wonderful country.

I think that there is a different attitude from tourists who visit and enjoy the Northern areas, like Chiang Mai, and a different attitude from tourists who visit areas like Phuket or Pattaya.

I copped the same thing when I was in Oz and telling people that I was moving to Thailand.

There would be that small awkward bit of silence while they were processing their preconceived ideas about the place, and then I would get that Hollywood smile and (false) well wishes.

The true well wishers were obviously the ones who had been here before.

Het theblether and Smokie, I know you don't need to be told.........but have a bloody great holiday while you're here.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Nice, Blether. As you say this is a great country out of the tourist traps- glad you're enjoying your hols. If I wan't working myself at the moment I'd say come and visit Jartown. (Mind you assassination without investigation is quite common here, although not against foreigners)

• Like 1

Can any of you elaborate on WHY you "like" or "love" it in Thailand? I bet you can't. Your comments are no more useful than the guys who bash without solid argument.

Very good question and difficult to answer. My main reason is that all my clothes are here...............thumbsup.gif

But unfortunately, that won't make the centre-spreads of the tabloids because it isn't really a bad thing. It is the sh1t stories about all that is bad that get published and that is the message that is spread to the masses, normally written by some tosser that has never been here, or if he/she has, never been out of his hotel.

• Like 2

I've had an English guy tell me he wouldn't go to Thailand because he saw the wealth difference on TV. Big houses with pools and poor people living nearby.

He's English working in America. Living in a house with a pool and a Mexican maid.

Another person said they wouldn't go to Thailand because of the obvious, but loves America and India. Maybe you should look some facts up mate.

• Like 1

Can any of you elaborate on WHY you "like" or "love" it in Thailand? I bet you can't. Your comments are no more useful than the guys who bash without solid argument.

Well we all know that you do not like it here.........yet you stay..........because it is profitable for you, so why are you concerned about others who actually want to stay and live here? coffee1.gif

@paullyW, tut tut, such cynicism.........I will grace your question with an answer at some point today. I fear though that anything I say won't matter to you, as you have obviously decided that you're right on every matter. coffee1.gif

@whistleblower, we started in Chiang Mai, we're now in Koh Samui, and we'll be in BKK next Wednesday.

• Like 1

Well we all know that you do not like it here.........yet you stay..........because it is profitable for you, so why are you concerned about others who actually want to stay and live here? coffee1.gif

You are correct. I LOVE what I am able to exploit here. I am far richer than I would have been in other countries I've lived and worked in. Not sure what's wrong with that. I'm interested for the sake of discussion.

@paullyW, tut tut, such cynicism.........I will grace your question with an answer at some point today. I fear though that anything I say won't matter to you, as you have obviously decided that you're right on every matter. coffee1.gif

@whistleblower, we started in Chiang Mai, we're now in Koh Samui, and we'll be in BKK next Wednesday.

Thank you. I am looking forward to you answer. I really do want to know.

Pw....you say you are far richer here than you would be in other countries......obviously your definition of "richer" is based on monetary values, I feel sad for you.

I consider myself richer than you, because I am happy with my life, I am happy to choose to live in Thailand, I am happy with all the choices I have made to get me where I am today.

You may have more money than me, but if that makes you happy.....once again I feel sad for you. sad.png

• Like 1

Pw....you say you are far richer here than you would be in other countries......obviously your definition of "richer" is based on monetary values, I feel sad for you.

I consider myself richer than you, because I am happy with my life, I am happy to choose to live in Thailand, I am happy with all the choices I have made to get me where I am today.

You may have more money than me, but if that makes you happy.....once again I feel sad for you. sad.png

Thanks, but please don't feel sorry for me. Save your sorrow for someone who deserves it. I'm quite alright.

• Like 1

The drawcard for most of us males is thailand allows us to be "men".

It has nothing to do with been a sexpat.

The fact is, we as men, no matter what age,weight,short or tall,can smile at a woman and she will smile back,thailand makes us feel worthy,alive,virile and manly!!

In our countries of origin the laws have become so politically correct to even smile at an unknown female is bordering on abuse.

And what of the men that come for the other males? whistling.gif

The fact is, we as men, no matter what age,weight,short or tall,can smile at a woman and she will smile back,thailand makes us feel worthy,alive,virile and manly!!

In our countries of origin the laws have become so politically correct to even smile at an unknown female is bordering on abuse.

seriously mate, this is utter hogwash.

i have never lived or visited anywhere i was not allowed to be a man.

Unless you have woken up trussed with duct tape and wearing a french maids outfit with your bits missing, reach between your legs next time you forget your gender.

seriously mate, this is utter hogwash.

i have never lived or visited anywhere i was not allowed to be a man.

Unless you have woken up trussed with duct tape and wearing a french maids outfit with your bits missing, reach between your legs next time you forget your gender.

So... now we know your fantasy dream rolleyes.gif

• Like 1