Assassination Without Investigation......The Curse Of Thailand

theblether

He loves it cause he finally gets laid in the year.End of from this stupid post.

True. Why is it that these self-proclaimed "lovers of Thailand" never express a similar love for neighboring Malaysia or Laos?

Methinks cheap and available women may be the answer.

Many, many, many of the working girls in Thailand are Laos pretending to be Thai.

Even one Thai mamasans daughter who was trying to get a bar fine out of me. cheesy.gif And all the cute little Laos waitresses round here would be much cheaper if I wanted one seeing as the married Laos workers can afford them as their gigs.

Beers expensive in Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur is saai.gif .

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He loves it cause he finally gets laid in the year.End of from this stupid post.

True. Why is it that these self-proclaimed "lovers of Thailand" never express a similar love for neighboring Malaysia or Laos?

Many, many, many of the working girls in Thailand are Laos pretending to be Thai.

Burmese too, actually. I've come across this in Patpong.

The drawcard for most of us males is thailand allows us to be "men".

It has nothing to do with been a sexpat.

The fact is, we as men, no matter what age,weight,short or tall,can smile at a woman and she will smile back,thailand makes us feel worthy,alive,virile and manly!!

In our countries of origin the laws have become so politically correct to even smile at an unknown female is bordering on abuse.

seriously mate, this is utter hogwash.

i have never lived or visited anywhere i was not allowed to be a man.

Unless you have woken up trussed with duct tape and wearing a french maids outfit with your bits missing, reach between your legs next time you forget your gender.

Note to self: If ever invited out for a drink with Nocturn, make sure you pick the bar...............blink.png

And don't stay out too late; respect your limits.................thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

If it's not bad enough that people who have never been to Thailand assassinating this country, there is a contingent on this thread who seem intent on doing the same. So let me tell you a stupid little story from this afternoon.

Myself, Smokie, and his Mrs were downtown Chaweng having a wander around, we fancied some Thai food so we asked a Thai the best place to go. They said don't eat on this street, and they referred us to a Thai cafe in Bang Rak. That particular cafe was closed so we crossed the road into a place called Khun Ying, it's nothing special to look at but it's a genuine Thai place.

Smokies Mrs is a Princess when it comes to food, ( in fact she's a Princess full stop biggrin.png ), and she was utterly amazed at the quality that was served to us. Among other things we had the Fried Fish spicy style, and it was superb, so good we ordered a second one. Okay, so far so normal, superb food is not that hard to find in Thailand. The owner of the restaurant asked if we wanted a taxi, anyone familiar with Samui will know that the taxis are a rip off, so we mentioned the word songthaew to him. He disappeared and reappeared 5 minutes later with his pick up truck, and he gave us a lift back to the Fisherman's Village free gratis. Off his own back, without being asked. A simple act of kindness to finish off a quite superb meal.

This is the Thailand that I love.

So to those guys on this thread that came out with the garbage about getting laid, you are desperate sick minded people. The fact that your mind runs immediately into that gutter is a reflection upon your class, which is......no class. Your mother's would be so proud.

I'm pretty sure I know what your Thailand is, so you stick to yours, and I'll stick to mine.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

That the one diagonally opposite the 7/11?

Good stuff if it is. licklips.gif

I am here cos my salary is double what is wold be in Australia, my house costs a third of what it would in Australia and my kids international school is nice and gentle.

Hmm, does that salary give you access to a fair judicial system, a police force that is mostly honest and responsive, a house that is actually built properly with grounded wires etc., and teachers in an international school that are qualified and who have been vetted?

Yes, there are many aspects of Thailand that are likeable, but the generalizations that denigrate the traits and characteristics that made Australia the great country it is are unwarranted.

thumbsup.gif Australia is indeed a great country. It is however expensive, at this moment in time. Would be better to have people recognise this fact without denigrating the rest of what Australia is.

• Like 2

If it's not bad enough that people who have never been to Thailand assassinating this country, there is a contingent on this thread who seem intent on doing the same. So let me tell you a stupid little story from this afternoon.

Myself, Smokie, and his Mrs were downtown Chaweng having a wander around, we fancied some Thai food so we asked a Thai the best place to go. They said don't eat on this street, and they referred us to a Thai cafe in Bang Rak. That particular cafe was closed so we crossed the road into a place called Khun Ying, it's nothing special to look at but it's a genuine Thai place.

Smokies Mrs is a Princess when it comes to food, ( in fact she's a Princess full stop biggrin.png ), and she was utterly amazed at the quality that was served to us. Among other things we had the Fried Fish spicy style, and it was superb, so good we ordered a second one. Okay, so far so normal, superb food is not that hard to find in Thailand. The owner of the restaurant asked if we wanted a taxi, anyone familiar with Samui will know that the taxis are a rip off, so we mentioned the word songthaew to him. He disappeared and reappeared 5 minutes later with his pick up truck, and he gave us a lift back to the Fisherman's Village free gratis. Off his own back, without being asked. A simple act of kindness to finish off a quite superb meal.

So to those guys on this thread that came out with the garbage about getting laid, you are desperate sick minded people. The fact that your mind runs immediately into that gutter is a reflection upon your class, which is......no class. Your mother's would be so proud.

I'm pretty sure I know what your Thailand is, so you stick to yours, and I'll stick to mine.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

ok calm down! so what time you going patpong?

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

That's exactly where it is Bookman....have you tried that place? smile.png

@daftpunker.......you'll need to work harder at your trolling skills, it's an art that has quite obviously eluded you. coffee1.gif

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

That's exactly where it is Bookman....have you tried that place? smile.png

@daftpunker.......you'll need to work harder at your trolling skills, it's an art that has quite obviously eluded you. coffee1.gif

Yes i have! my GF and i enjoyed it. I couldn't tell you what we had though. Thai food. laugh.png We tried 5 or 6 places along that area. Stayed at the Punpreeda hip resort which is very close by.

• Like 1

The owner of the restaurant asked if we wanted a taxi, anyone familiar with Samui will know that the taxis are a rip off, so we mentioned the word songthaew to him. He disappeared and reappeared 5 minutes later with his pick up truck, and he gave us a lift back to the Fisherman's Village free gratis. Off his own back, without being asked. A simple act of kindness to finish off a quite superb meal.

You sound very young and a bit naive. Let me guess: you've just finished school or college, and you're on a "round the world trip".

Good luck to you. Make the most of your youth.

But you have got things wrong. The restaurant owner gave you a lift to the Fisherman's Village because he has friends or relatives who work there. He figured that you and your friend are first-time tourists with cash to spend, so he took you to a place where he wanted you to spend it.

Next time, ask him for a lift to a deserted beach on the other side of the island and see how far you get. He won't say no. Instead, he'll just tell you that he's busy or that the beach is not safe.

I can see that this is probably your first trip outside of England, but never make the mistake of saying you love a country simply because of seemingly spontaneous acts of generosity.

And never walk around with a big grin on your face. You will stand out like a fool and may become a target.

Enjoy your travels.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

Sounds like a nice time. Btw, though, this kind of story can be told of most ANY country anywhere on the planet. I have similar stories for most of the South American countries I've lived in. Same kind of kindness in the US. Same stuff in Europe. This is a human thing. It's not specific to Thailand. Although the Thai marketing geniuses would have us believe this type of thing only happens in Thailand.

So, do you love every country the same because of this? Or, is there something more impressive or more distinctive that you can elaborate on with respect to Thailand?

• Like 1

Several months ago I picked up a couple of hitch hiking tourists, gave them a lift to where they wanted to go which was about 20k's away and not out of my way. They were very grateful, very appreciative and full of thanks.

I gave 3 hitch hiking Monks a lift a similar distance the following week. They asked me for 1000b for bus fares.

@PaullyW.....yes I do have some amazing stories from many of the countries I have traveled to, far from being the naive young boy that some here think I'm a well traveled ( possibly hard bitten? ) Glasgow businessman in his mid 40's. I pride myself in having a positive outlook on life and the day I lose it.....shoot me. Would you like me to recount dozens of fabulous stories about your home country? I certainly could.......maybe it's just me, maybe it's just my personality, where I go I tend to get a warm welcome, what's a man to do? ermm.gif

Anyway the trip report so far is in the farang pub......feel free to rip it to pieces. coffee1.gif

@TwoDogz cheesy.gif Oh well TiT. biggrin.png

Burmese too, actually. I've come across this in Patpong.

Yep the Laos 'daughter' of the Thai mamasan was while drinking with my mates in Patpong in a bar of the same name as the football team we support. Bloody awful bar, but they insist.

Well anyway this what happened to me today at my restaurant. 3 farang eat fish many fish, well two anyway, but it way overpriced. Ha ha.

Anyway I smell something super awful I think fish is off, I try to get sniff at table, but I can't. Don't matter anyway as smell come from farang with funny voice and skirt. He smells bad like he not wear pants or something. I don't want to lose other customers so what do I do ?

He asks for taxi. What chok dee hey, but taxi take too long so I get my pick up and drive him away super quick to fish place so people won't notice the smell.

wink.png

Anyway other farang he hansum man.

I love it and hate it at the same time.

I love the way that the people always manage a smile, I love the innocence of the kids, The way that in the rural areas despite communication problems once you convey a meaningful nod and smile invariably you will get one back.

I love the way that, especially away from the cities or major conurbations the old people are still taken care of by the village, the way my Dad in law up Issan will always make sure that none of the older people go hungry.

In the wild west like Pattaya I like the fact that life is at its lowest common denominator and like in the old American wild west there is a law of the gun here and anything goes which might not be morally or legally correct however a balance seems to establish itself in some weird manner.

I don't like the drivers here either, blind stupid, selfish and that is just the Farang s who emulate the Thais in an manner that exceeds all expectations, in fact the only time I ever see confrontation or road rage is between Farang drivers

So much more but so little time to say it , back to the beer!

I am here cos my salary is double what is wold be in Australia, my house costs a third of what it would in Australia and my kids international school is nice and gentle.

Hmm, does that salary give you access to a fair judicial system, a police force that is mostly honest and responsive, a house that is actually built properly with grounded wires etc., and teachers in an international school that are qualified and who have been vetted?

Yes, there are many aspects of Thailand that are likeable, but the generalizations that denigrate the traits and characteristics that made Australia the great country it is are unwarranted.

Fair judicial system? I have money, so that is not an issue for me. Grounded, check. Teachers are excellent. One of them is my friend. Looks like I win!

Well anyway this what happened to me today at my restaurant. 3 farang eat fish many fish, well two anyway, but it way overpriced. Ha ha.

Anyway I smell something super awful I think fish is off, I try to get sniff at table, but I can't. Don't matter anyway as smell come from farang with funny voice and skirt. He smells bad like he not wear pants or something. I don't want to lose other customers so what do I do ?

He asks for taxi. What chok dee hey, but taxi take too long so I get my pick up and drive him away super quick to fish place so people won't notice the smell.

wink.png

Anyway other farang he hansum man.

What a coincidence Arthur!!! we were at the same restaurant on the same day biggrin.png

Anyway, the guy told me about you, just a little bit of advice........soap is cheap. coffee1.gif

I find it unbelievable that some posters who are on bar rounds around Thailand actually find time to post on TV from their BBs... Just saying... blink.png

Yes. It seems a bit odd that people come here for a holiday and then find the time to discuss things on an internet forum.

Och give me peace.......there are 24 hours in a day, plenty of time for many things coffee1.gif

Edited by metisdead
: Repaired the reply.
  • Like 1

I find it unbelievable that some posters who are on bar rounds around Thailand actually find time to post on TV from their BBs... Just saying... blink.png

Yes. It seems a bit odd that people come here for a holiday and then find the time to discuss things on an internet forum.

Och give me peace.......there are 24 hours in a day, plenty of time for many things coffee1.gif

You ought to learn how to quote posts correctly. You've made a mess of things. Your reply is buried in my original post (I've put your comments in bold).

Regardless, you've missed the point.

I assumed initially that you were a young boy who'd just left school or college. I assumed you were travelling the world with your friend.

But now you say that you are in your forties.

If this is the case, it strikes me as somewhat bizarre that you (as an adult) feel the need or desire to share your holiday experiences on an interent forum with Thailand's expatriate community.

Why do you do this? What do you hope to gain?

Edited by metisdead
: Reply has been repaired.

Can any of you elaborate on WHY you "like" or "love" it in Thailand? I bet you can't. Your comments are no more useful than the guys who bash without solid argument.

@paullyW, tut tut, such cynicism.........I will grace your question with an answer at some point today. I fear though that anything I say won't matter to you, as you have obviously decided that you're right on every matter. coffee1.gif

@whistleblower, we started in Chiang Mai, we're now in Koh Samui, and we'll be in BKK next Wednesday.

I think either you or smokie promised me a meetup and a drink! :D

You ought to learn how to quote posts correctly. You've made a mess of things. Your reply is buried in my original post (I've put your comments in bold).

Regardless, you've missed the point.

I assumed initially that you were a young boy who'd just left school or college. I assumed you were travelling the world with your friend.

But now you say that you are in your forties.

If this is the case, it strikes me as somewhat bizarre that you (as an adult) feel the need or desire to share your holiday experiences on an interent forum with Thailand's expatriate community.

Why do you do this? What do you hope to gain?

coffee1.gif

A recently departed member returned perhaps? wink.png

Can any of you elaborate on WHY you "like" or "love" it in Thailand? I bet you can't. Your comments are no more useful than the guys who bash without solid argument.

@paullyW, tut tut, such cynicism.........I will grace your question with an answer at some point today. I fear though that anything I say won't matter to you, as you have obviously decided that you're right on every matter. coffee1.gif

@whistleblower, we started in Chiang Mai, we're now in Koh Samui, and we'll be in BKK next Wednesday.

I think either you or smokie promised me a meetup and a drink! biggrin.png

Im sure they will be keeping that promise!

Well, we were nagging Smokie for this... Now it looks like he's gonna have his retribution laugh.png

• Like 1

@Cobalt60........looks like it huh? biggrin.png In as much as someone can have a go at me for keeping in touch with friends when I'm on holiday, surely they need to ask themselves why they need to rag a "stranger" on the internet. It takes all sorts to make a world. blink.pngcoffee1.gif

@Phuturatica.........I'll be in BKK on Wednesday, circumstances dictate that I'll have to be a good boy on Thursday and Friday evenings ( I think ) however Wednesday and Saturday evenings are reserved for dubious antics and excessive drinking drunk.gif I've no doubt you will be able to assist me in such matters biggrin.png

So.....the BKK contingent.....Smokie and theblether will be in town directly, the CM membership were superb, we've had some cracking fun already with the Samui membership ( and let me tell you there is a wild session set up for today drunk.gif, so BKK has a lot to live up to.........come to play and we'll see what we can do to make it a memorable night ( or two ). burp.gif

• Like 1