Assassination Without Investigation......The Curse Of Thailand

theblether

Keep going........your making yourselves look reeeeaaaal good. coffee1.gif

Oh....and here's the link to the "shocking" topic

http://www.thaivisa....and-theblether/

Essential reading for self-respecting sex tourists:

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B007FMBIU2

There may even be a chapter on how to share your experiences on internet forums.

and for yourself sir?

http://www.amazon.com/Troll-Queen-Aladdin-Fantasy-ebook/dp/B003L77X4A/

• Like 2

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it matter how many local partners you have to be classed sex tourist?

I think one is all it needs. If you are a tourist.

Well Tommo, that might be your perception and indeed your unique definition, however the accepted travel definition is more like the following;

sex tourism. Travel undertaken primarily or exclusively by men from developed countries, usually to third world countries, for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity, often of an extreme, forbidden, or illegal nature.

http://www.travel-industry-dictionary.com/sex-tourism.html

Well Tommo, that might be your perception and indeed your unique definition, however the accepted travel definition is more like the following;

sex tourism. Travel undertaken primarily or exclusively by men from developed countries, usually to third world countries, for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity, often of an extreme, forbidden, or illegal nature.

http://www.travel-in...ex-tourism.html

I doubt much of the sex that goes on in Pattaya is of the extreme kind.

I doubt much of the sex by white men anywhere in Thailand is extreme, forbidden, or of an illegal nature.

Many of the typical 'sex tourists' I meet, hire one girl for their whole visit and go around the country with her.

Quite a few pretend they are 'in a relationship', then come back again and again to visit her.

Even though the girl usually has several other 'customers' and maybe a local boyfriend/husband.

According to your definition, Bookman, it seems like there aren't many sex tourists in Thailand.

(and as TwoDogz points out none in Pattaya)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

So TP, anyone who has ever had sex while on holidays is a sex tourist now. I don't think your definition is the one most people hold.

You missed out 'local' to change the definition of 'sex tourist' in my post, why did you do that? Can't win an argument without cheating? I do like a good discussion, but I don't like opponents that are two stupid to debate within the rules, and then try to cheat.

Sex tourism is all about wealthy TOURISTS exploiting poor LOCAL women, get it?

A male tourist having sex with a female tourist is not 'sex tourism'.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

http://www.travel-in...ex-tourism.html

Utter trash. Why the adjectives: "extreme" or "forbidden" or "illegal"?

A sex tourist is someone (male or female) who travels (usually but not always) to another country in order to obtain sexual services which he/she is unable to obtain is his/her own country.

Hence it is that some middle-aged Scandinavian woman travel to West Africa (in particular, The Gambia) for sexual services. These women are sex tourists.

There is nothing "extreme" or "forbidden" or "illegal" about this.

Edited by SukhumwitSoi22
  • Like 1

Forbidden by the Church and Illegal in that prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

However, sex tourists is not a definition... 'to obtain sexual services which he/she is unable to obtain is his/her own country.'..... many sex tourists are married, many can get laid at home and many pay for it at home.

Sex tourist is simply a person that travels from their home country to another to pay for sex exclusively while in that country.

I doubt much of the sex by white men anywhere in Thailand is extreme, forbidden, or of an illegal nature.

Many of the typical 'sex tourists' I meet, hire one girl for their whole visit and go around the country with her.

According to your definition, Bookman, it seems like there aren't many sex tourists in Thailand.

(and as TwoDogz points out none in Pattaya)

And fair point too. how about this one. It still does not fit in with your definition.

Sex tourism is travel to engage in sexual activity with prostitutes. The World Tourism Organization, a specialized agency of the United Nations, defines sex tourism as "trips organized from within the tourism sector, or from outside this sector but using its structures and networks, with the primary purpose of effecting a commercial sexual relationship by the tourist with residents at the destination".[1]

Attractions for sex tourists can include reduced costs for services in the destination country, along with either legal prostitution or indifferent law enforcement, and access to child prostitution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_tourism

Sex tourism is travel to engage in sexual activity with prostitutes. The World Tourism Organization, a specialized agency of the United Nations, defines sex tourism as "trips organized from within the tourism sector, or from outside this sector but using its structures and networks, with the primary purpose of effecting a commercial sexual relationship by the tourist with residents at the destination".

Then you get into the argument 'who is a prostitute', which quickly becomes a very slippery slope.

I think 'wealthy male Tourists exploiting poor local females' really cuts to the chase without defining the poor local women in an adverse way.

A few of you will know that I'm on holiday in Thailand at the moment, Smokie is with me and the trip is quite amazing. We were talking last night about tourist Thailand rather than expat Thailand and we came to the conclusion that Thailand suffers from assassination without investigation.

I don't know how many times people in the UK have looked at me as if I'm a freak for saying love Thailand, there are too many small minded idiots in this world. Over the last few days it's been my pleasure to meet with several tourist families, and flashpackers, who are enjoying there first trip to this wonderful country. Every single one says they will be back, and I'm delighted to hear it.

When I return to the UK I'll be taking a different attitude to those idiots that treat this country with disdain, the best cure for being small minded is a trip to Thailand, but these people can't be cured.

Thailand, I love it!!! drunk.gif ........it's a small minded people free zone, except of course, for those guys that can't see past the Lady bars. coffee1.gif

No Tommo, that was not the question. It was the question you and your 'friend' decided on to hijack the topic. TBH I don't understand why it's been allowed but there you go.

I also love Thailand. Does that make me a sex tourist?

So TP, anyone who has ever had sex while on holidays is a sex tourist now. I don't think your definition is the one most people hold.

You missed out 'local' to change the definition of 'sex tourist' in my post, why did you do that? Can't win an argument without cheating? I do like a good discussion, but I don't like opponents that are two stupid to debate within the rules, and then try to cheat.

Sex tourism is all about wealthy TOURISTS exploiting poor LOCAL women, get it?

A male tourist having sex with a female tourist is not 'sex tourism'.

Ok anyone who has ever had sex with a person from the country they are visiting is a sex tourist by your definition.

I was only pointing out that your definition was too broad to be credible.

How do you define someone who came to Thailand as a tourist, met someone from Thailand (not pay for play) and then got married and stayed faithful. According to you that would be a sex tourist too.

The topic question was

Why does everyone assume men going on holiday to Thailand (without a partner) are sex tourists?

And the answer to the topic question was

Because most of them invariably are.

Do you count yourself into that equation?

You may have forgotten that some of us have hi-so Chinese or Chulangkorn/Western educated spouses so don't be so fast on the trigger to pull all into the same circle you have ensnared yourself in.

How can you not be a tourist if you visit your love who happens to be in another country?

I have been to at least 15 countries, lived in 3 and I would say that some of these countries are also what I would call "man heaven". It's to each his/her own, what country or culture that suits him or her the best.

There are a lot of sex tourists no doubt but just because one visits a country and fall in love with a girl there doesn't automatically make him a sex tourist. It seems more likely that you have categorized 3rd world country women as sex objects and are trying to justify it.

Just a lot of nonsens coming from a grown bitter man to snare everyone else into his web of depression.

Edited by maxme

I would say theBlether is anything but the classic sex tourist.

Tourist? Obviously.

Sex tourist? Clearly not.

And that's why he describes Thailand as "man heaven".

Grow up. Are you 10 years old?

I thought it was only Boys Town that people refer to as "man heaven" so things might get even more interesting.

How do you define someone who came to Thailand as a tourist, met someone from Thailand (not pay for play) and then got married and stayed faithful. According to you that would be a sex tourist too.

You have just described my situation.

I think once you stop being a tourist, you can not then still be called a 'sex tourist'

Am I exploiting my younger and poorer wife?, maybe ....... but not as a sex tourist.

Am I a 'sexpat'?, quite possibly, but that's another discussion entirely.

@maxme

I am neither bitter nor depressed, can't we have discussion without insult?

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I think once you stop being a tourist, you can not then still be called a 'sex tourist'

Am I exploiting my younger and poorer wife?, maybe ....... but not as a sex tourist.

@maxme

Sure, then stop calling people sexpats. It's a totally unncessary presumption.

@maxme

You will find people in their own countries exploit their partners , it just so happens that the law is lax on this side of the world.

Edited by maxme

I bet the UN are proud tonight. Nothing quite so cringe worthy to read than someone with such a high degree of self importance eh .

He has some time now to recheck his address.

I am not at all surprised whistling.gif my post in response to his tirade looks a bit stranded now though biggrin.png but never mind, I know what I saw.

Look out for blue beret peacekeepers moving in soon.

• Like 1

I bet the UN are proud tonight. Nothing quite so cringe worthy to read than someone with such a high degree of self importance eh .

He has some time now to recheck his address.

dam_n Tywais... you were too fast... just 3 more seconds and I would have copied and pasted this little speech to be my rehersal for my appointment with the immigration office next month. w00t.gif