Assassination Without Investigation......The Curse Of Thailand

theblether

@nocturn

Oh so that's why you hide under the bridge and only pop up when innocent travelers pass by?

Don't kidd yourself, I've followed some of your posts... now I'm not a great thread maker myself but I certainly do not hi-jack them just to get by day by day...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really should not be relevant Tommo

It's relevant to every western female, who will be judging you at one glance on your relative ages and nothing else.

(It's also relevant to western courts, if you ever want to see the kids from your previous marriage again)

So you are saying it is relevant to strangers and as an individual you should worry about strangers, who have no impact on your life or journey, and what their perception of your relationship is?

That was the whole point of the thread, what people thought of men traveling to Thailand.

Its a nice park, though the animal enclosures are not the best. I would recommend taking a trip there, though, to form your own opinion.

We enjoyed a go on the pedalos, as I recall.

The first time I was there I broke a filling on a portion of kentucky fried chicken, but I don't blame the zoo for that.

SC

@nocturn

Oh so that's why you hide under the bridge and only pop up when innocent travelers pass by?

Don't kidd yourself, I've followed some of your posts... now I'm not a great thread maker myself but I certainly do not hi-jack them just to get by day by day...

i really cant be bothered to make it personal with you. disregard my comment if you wish. I stand by it.

@nocturn

i really cant be bothered to make it personal with you. disregard my comment if you wish. I stand by it.

Giving up so soon? How sad... rolleyes.gif

Off topic but there must be a reason theblether cannot avert his eyes from your prize... me think , smokie's woman is indeed smoky.

That being said nothing thrills me more than the judgement theblether's gf will cast once she finds out w00t.gif

• Like 1

Do not aim any more of these comments at myself or my girlfriend. That goes for other members on this thread as well.

Better that you inform TB not to include you and your gf in his posts.

As once a topic is posted it's always a free-for-all, and as long as we stay withing forum guidlines ............

There is a really good reason for keeping your TV member name anonymous, even from friends.

Now you know why!

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Do not aim any more of these comments at myself or my girlfriend. That goes for other members on this thread as well.

As once a topic is posted it's always a free-for-all, and as long as we stay withing forum guidlines ............

There is a really good reason for keeping your TV member name anonymous, even from friends.

Now you know why!

You and one other poster on this thread are the only people here making this personal. I suggest you refrain from the personal stuff Tommo.

The OP is merely suggesting a topic for general discussion, not opening a door for personal insults such as you have tried (and failed) to deliver.

Off topic but there must be a reason theblether cannot avert his eyes from your prize... me think , smokie's woman is indeed smoky.

That being said nothing thrills me more than the judgement theblether's gf will cast once she finds out w00t.gif

This thread is useless without pics !!

This thread is useless without pics !!

I tend to agree w00t.gif

Now you know why!

You and one other poster on this thread are the only people here making this personal. I suggest you refrain from the personal stuff Tommo.

The OP is merely suggesting a topic for general discussion, not opening a door for personal insults such as you have tried (and failed) to deliver.

First: I can't see any post I (or anyone else has made) that reflects in a negative way on your gf.

Second: Anything you don't like posted by anyone, use the report button, a mod will judge if it stays or not.

Third: What personal insult did I post, please quote me.

Does it matter how many local partners you have to be classed sex tourist?

I think one is all it needs. If you are a tourist.

Well Tommo, that might be your perception and indeed your unique definition, however the accepted travel definition is more like the following;

sex tourism. Travel undertaken primarily or exclusively by men from developed countries, usually to third world countries, for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity, often of an extreme, forbidden, or illegal nature.

http://www.travel-in...ex-tourism.html

That last bit "often of an extreme, forbidden, or illegal nature" sounds like it could have been written by Germaine Greer.

Yawn.

Tommo, did you mention your wife's age and your own? Otherwise that statement is just gonna make you look worse. Some like to keep it private not because there is an age difference but because it's nobody's business.

I'm 57 and she's 35 (as I have posted on many threads in the past).

If someone wants to call me a sexpat, fair enough (although she is the only Thai I have ever had sex with).

Not even your fiancee ?

Edited by arthurwait

hmm why did i join this forum? i was trying to learn something i guess .............about a country i have only ever briefly visited..... not sure i am receiving the insight i was hoping for.....

anyway i will persist

The tales of our travels are merely for those members who enjoy reading about it, if you don't then don't read them.

Send the stories of your travels to a magazine or a website. A "yes" or "no" from the editor will speak volumes about your literary efforts and their true worth.

Or he could enjoy the commendation of his peers on this forum; and perhaps gain a little thrill from the carping of the envious and spiteful

Perhaps it would be helpful to remember that this thread expresses concern that people make snap judgements of their fellows based on prejudice, rather than knowledge

If you want to give our Caldeonian co-posters a hard time, I suggest you head over to the relevant thread where they regale us in full with their adventures

SC

@canuckamuck......thank you very much for your kind words.......

@AmusingBellyDancers.......it may amaze you to know that my writing has been published by several magazines,

When I turn my attention to story telling on this forum I do it with an eye on accuracy but an even greater eye on saying enough without boring people to death with trivia.

There seems to be a momentum on this thread against me, I don't mind that as I think it's more of a reflection of the people attacking me than I. It would be better for everyone if some people would concentrate more on bringing positive content to the forum, rather than making us suffer the same inane pathetic ramblings every single day.

As my wonderful grandmother used to say, "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"....................some people should learn to live with that motto. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

The tales of our travels are merely for those members who enjoy reading about it, if you don't then don't read them.

Send the stories of your travels to a magazine or a website. A "yes" or "no" from the editor will speak volumes about your literary efforts and their true worth.

Or he could enjoy the commendation of his peers on this forum; and perhaps gain a little thrill from the carping of the envious and spiteful

Perhaps it would be helpful to remember that this thread expresses concern that people make snap judgements of their fellows based on prejudice, rather than knowledge

If you want to give our Caldeonian co-posters a hard time, I suggest you head over to the relevant thread where they regale us in full with their adventures

SC

Do you mind if I write a long reply? I hope you don't. It's nice to have someone to write to.

I live in quite an isolated province. There are few farangs here. Sometimes it gets a bit lonely.

I came to Thailand as a sex tourist. I was never spotty or geeky or nerdy when I was young. I was just never really interested in girls.

At first (in my thirties), I wanted to go to Cuba. Back then, Cuba was a great destination for sex tourists. But it was hard to get a visa.

So I came to Thailand. It was good at first. I had sex with about 50 or 60 girls. I felt like a real man. But it soon got boring. And that kind of lifestyle doesn't appeal to me anymore. I have a partner now. And I'm monogamous.

Yes, people will judge you if you are single and come to Thailand. People probably judged me, too.

I think I probably denied the truth at first. But now I accept everything.

Thailand gave me a chance to have a new life. Sex (and sexual inexperience brought me here), but all of that was years ago.

We all move on. We all come to terms with our past.

• Like 2

SC

Do you mind if I write a long reply? I hope you don't. It's nice to have someone to write to.

I live in quite an isolated province. There are few farangs here. Sometimes it gets a bit lonely.

I came to Thailand as a sex tourist. I was never spotty or geeky or nerdy when I was young. I was just never really interested in girls.

At first (in my thirties), I wanted to go to Cuba. Back then, Cuba was a great destination for sex tourists. But it was hard to get a visa.

So I came to Thailand. It was good at first. I had sex with about 50 or 60 girls. I felt like a real man. But it soon got boring. And that kind of lifestyle doesn't appeal to me anymore. I have a partner now. And I'm monogamous.

Yes, people will judge you if you are single and come to Thailand. People probably judged me, too.

I think I probably denied the truth at first. But now I accept everything.

Thailand gave me a chance to have a new life. Sex (and sexual inexperience brought me here), but all of that was years ago.

We all move on. We all come to terms with our past.

Sometimes we assume others are like ourselves, or we assume that they correspond to a given stereotype, and we judge them accordingly, and comment accordingly. If our comments are intended to he helpful, then we can only hope that the recipient can jusge whether they are relevant or not. If they are not intended to be helpful, then perhaps we could consider how much benefit the comment actually gives anyone (obvioulsy, my own comments are of such biting wit and humour that they are a joy for the reading public no matter how irrelevant and poorly aimed!)

I try not to take offence at any of the postings offered; for if it was intended, then I would be giving the attacker what he wished by taking offence, while if it was not intended, then I should be taking what was never offered. Of course, in the former case, it is be much easier to shrug off the abuse that is so clearly wide of the mark as to be a laughable indictment of the perpetrator's ignorance (Aye - like them birds calling you 'hansum man?' There must be a shcool firtheblind on Soi Cowboi)

SC

• Like 1

Well said Blether: Thailand is indeed a wonderful country.

I think that there is a different attitude from tourists who visit and enjoy the Northern areas, like Chiang Mai, and a different attitude from tourists who visit areas like Phuket or Pattaya.

You mean Patong, not Phuket. Phuket is the size of Singapore with a million people and has wonderful natural resources and beauty. Pattaya and Patong are dirty beaches and seedy sex-tourist centers that are exploitative and smell.

I think that there is a different attitude from tourists who visit and enjoy the Northern areas, like Chiang Mai, and a different attitude from tourists who visit areas like Phuket or Pattaya.

You mean Patong, not Phuket. Phuket is the size of Singapore with a million people and has wonderful natural resources and beauty. Pattaya and Patong are dirty beaches and seedy sex-tourist centers that are exploitative and smell.

Oh dear and here I thought Patong was actually part of Phuket rolleyes.gif

Edited by maxme

You are not allowed to talk about Pattaya like that.

Pattaya is a lovely pristine environment where nature abounds.

What does peregrantions mean and why do you feel the need to use words of such gargantuan proportions ?

Does google not work on your computer?

I think he use 'pereginations' because it was he right word. He could have used a less precisely-accurate synonym, but that would not have got his point across so well. We are lucky that people help us expand our vocabularies, rather thn catering to the lowest common denominator.

I think he underestimates the Thailand experience of our Caledonian co-posters, though...

SC

Cal·e·do·ni·a (kabreve.gifllprime.gifibreve.gif-domacr.gifprime.gifnemacr.gif-schwa.gif, -domacr.gifnprime.gifyschwa.gif) Roman Britain north of the Antonine Wall, which stretched from the Firth of Forth to the Firth of Clyde. Today the term is used as a poetic appellation for all of Scotland

@AmusingBellyDancers.......it may amaze you to know that my writing has been published by several magazines,

When I turn my attention to story telling on this forum I do it with an eye on accuracy but an even greater eye on saying enough without boring people to death with trivia.

There seems to be a momentum on this thread against me, I don't mind that as I think it's more of a reflection of the people attacking me than I. It would be better for everyone if some people would concentrate more on bringing positive content to the forum, rather than making us suffer the same inane pathetic ramblings every single day.

As my wonderful grandmother used to say, "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"....................some people should learn to live with that motto. coffee1.gif

Have absolutely nothing against you TB, I for one appreciate the time you take with your posts.

I also liked your last centre-page article in Viz........................smile.png

• Like 1

People tend to get annoyed when someone pretends to be incredibly nice, whilst posting the odd vitriolic post against someone...

Either take your own grandmother's advice or stop pretending to be the 'nice guy' whilst posting the odd nasty comment.

Edit - You remind me a bit of Ian Forbes (always tried to be positive), but Ian as far as I can recall, was never nasty to posters - even if they disagreed with him.

Edited by F1fanatic

People tend to get annoyed when someone pretends to be incredibly nice, whilst posting the odd vitriolic post against someone...

Either take your own grandmother's advice or stop pretending to be the 'nice guy' whilst posting the odd nasty comment.

Edit - You remind me a bit of Ian Forbes (always tried to be positive), but Ian as far as I can recall, was never nasty to posters - even if they disagreed with him.

You are fully aware of my opinion of you.............I don't even know why you are posting on this topic unless it's a futile attempt to troll me. coffee1.gif