Labor Dep't - Yearly Salary Increase

I am a farang working for a large international company, but, I have a Thai local employee contract. I resigned and gave the more than the required notice. I am due to finish working for them in March.

I received my 13 months salary from them last month (December). However, the yearly salary increase goes through everyone's pay this month (January). Am I legally entitled to receive my yearly salary increase for the 2 months left of my contract ? In the UK I know it is a legal requirement to pay it. :o

Any sound advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

:D

If the salary increase is written into your contract then you should.

I would expect a international company to honour such agreements but your

Thai boss may not see it that way.

Escalation may be needed.

Good luck

I am a farang working for a large international company, but, I have a Thai local employee contract. I resigned and gave the more than the required notice. I am due to finish working for them in March.

I received my 13 months salary from them last month (December). However, the yearly salary increase goes through everyone's pay this month (January). Am I legally entitled to receive my yearly salary increase for the 2 months left of my contract ? In the UK I know it is a legal requirement to pay it. :o

Any sound advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

:D

Farangs working in a Thai company through normal application for a job ( ie not posted to LOS from abroad ) are expected to work the same hours as the locals but rarely get a bonus around New Year they become farangs again ....then payrises! if it was ina fixed term contract for two years unless the contract stated a pay increase the Thai boss will pay the same rate for 2 years .

The normal Thai bosses love to win over the farang this way it is a small victory for then and it gives a sort of payback satisfaction to them ...Believe me I know from personal and professional experience this is the norm I have fought it tooth and nail but always failed ... I am a working farang who controls the company HRD policies ... as part of his function

If the salary increase is written into your contract then you should.

I would expect a international company to honour such agreements but your

Thai boss may not see it that way.

Escalation may be needed.

Good luck

Thank you for your help. :o

Thanks guy's.

Trouble is, my boss is Australian. I will check my contract tonight after I get home and will take it from there. Thanks for your advice anyway. Appreciated.

Cheers :D