Anyone In Retail? Does Credit Card Mach. Accept Foreign Cards

Someone tried to pay by phone using an Aus card. Machine won't take it. Can't get a straight answer from the staff. They say we have to go to bank and request accepting foreign cards the same as roaming for a phone.

Anyone have experience?

Not sure I understand.

I guess you are talking about unattended credit card charge, i.e. you enter the card details into the machine without actually holding the card, nor having the card holder present.

Does this feature currently work with Thai cards?

I used to have a credit card machine at work (hotel) before, and we never managed to get the bank (bkk bank) to activate this, as obviously credit card fraud risk is extremely high with this type of transaction...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Don't machines have to read chip or have the card swiped in order to work?? That' how mine works, so credit card has to be present.

With most machines you can go into the menu and select something like "manually enter card".

So the machines can handle it, but it has to be enabled at the bank before you can use it.

I think it has become out of fashion, with all the online channels available today to receive credit card payments...And much safer as well with systems in place such as Verified By Visa, which makes fraudulent use of cards very hard...