Robert Amsterdam Law Firm Terminates Lobbying Contract With Thaksin

Buchholz

As I understand it, a lobbying firm has an obligation to inform the justice department of his foreign customers, beginning and end of the contract and fees paid. The published fees concerned only the the activities related to the action of the firm in the USA and as R Amsterdam said "the firm has done "virtually nothing" in the United States", probably also the reason why other Thaksin's legal advisers were not aware of this activity.

Regarding other comments from the Nation, when you take into account their poor grasp of the english language and their obvious bias, they are as usual of very little interest.

pick a lie. Any lie you want. There are so many nobody will notice

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean that our financially supported red shirt apologists might have vanished from this forum?

Let's see!

They never have been financially supported, don't attack them for this, it's against forum rules.

They are lonely ignorants and we have an ear for them to make them happy.

Surely it would be ignorant to just look at one viewpoint, the 'red shirt apologists' on this forum tend to have a balanced view and see both sides, whereas the forum yellows tend to spew bile about anything to do with the reds.

So who is ignorant??

• Like 2

Does this mean that our financially supported red shirt apologists might have vanished from this forum?

Let's see!

Are you implying that posters on this forum are being paid to post?

There has been rumors ...

It's not that I'm not willing to be compensated for my contributions to this forum but unfortunately nobody ever contacted me.

I should be on the wrong side sad.png

• Like 1

Let's see!

Are you implying that posters on this forum are being paid to post?

Bob having reps which, at the very least, monitor the Thai political comments made by posters on this forum is pretty much without doubt. It's not unreasonable to assume they also contribute themselves.

As to who they are...? Well that's against forum rules. Innit.

• Like 1

Let's see!

They never have been financially supported, don't attack them for this, it's against forum rules.

Surely it would be ignorant to just look at one viewpoint, the 'red shirt apologists' on this forum tend to have a balanced view and see both sides, whereas the forum yellows tend to spew bile about anything to do with the reds.

So who is ignorant??

You did notice the epically colossal irony in your post before clicking send...?

• Like 2

Let's see!

So who is ignorant??

You did notice the epically colossal irony in your post before clicking send...?

And his big red avatar, cheesy.gif

Let's see!

So who is ignorant??

The Redshirt apologist stick out like dogs testicles, but I am not sure who the forum yellows are. Now if you said posters who feel the red movement is just a misguided group at best, or hired protestors, thugs and mercenaries at worse. A group seduced by the promise of a greater share of Thailand wealth or employed by a convicted criminal and fugitive from justice. That under the criminals direction have protested and rioted on many occasions, causing death and destruction on an industrial scale all to achieve their goal of reinstating that criminal. However, their blood, loss of life and the destruction they have caused has achieved nothing and the sad irony is that if the criminal achieves his goal he will turn his back on the red movement as he has clearly shown on several occasions.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

Let's see!

So who is ignorant??

I know there are some Reds here but I didn't know there were yellows too?

I thought it has always been the reds against the machine, or is it the machine against the country?

Let's see!

So who is ignorant??

ignorant? The thug huggers.

Gonna join them in burning all the Muslim mosques are you?

• Like 2

Lawyers know how to phrase their statement in such a way as to limit a possible responsibility for their words. "Amsterdam said his firm didn't assist Thaksin in obtaining the visa and isn't involved with the trip." doesn't mean a 'visa' is acknowledged. It's only that if k. Thaksin has a visa for the USA A&P were not involved.

So I guess we'll have to wait and see, only 30 more days in this month wink.png

You're so argumentative these days - take animatics advice, follow the link and read it, slowly, methodically, analytically.

He understands the article properly.

has our man in Dubai not been paying his bills I wonder

they certainly havent parted ways on moral grounds

They haven't parted way : " ... Amsterdam said, adding that Thaksin remains a client of the firm."

Most probably, due to the current situation, the lobbying services are no longer needed.

Good to note too that the former prime minister, was convicted in absentia on a conflict-of-interest charge. It's a legal blog so there a bit more precise in their wording that our Sondhi's boys. The only thing Thaksin has ever been convicted for is a controversial land deal To be even more precise, for a land deal his wife did when he was in office.

You forgot to mention under the direct management of Thaksin.

I know I know just a minor detail. Could happen in any country. Happened in the States with there

V P who had ties with a business firm that received contracts worth billions with out having to bid on them. Thaksin saw that and began to figure out a way to get money like that out of the Government.

Just to remind that the topic title was a wee bit too restrictive:

"August 1, 2012

Robert Amsterdam Continues to Work for the Red Shirts and Thaksin Shinawatra

On July 31, 2012 the blog “Legal Times” reported that Amsterdam & Partners submitted documents indicating that the firm had ceased lobbying activities on behalf of Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra in the United States. Unfortunately the report was mistaken by some to mean that Amsterdam & Partners has ceased all advocacy on behalf of Dr. Thaksin and the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD). This is not the case, as the documents in question only refer to lobbying activities before officials of the United States government. Such activities constitute a minuscule portion of the work the firm has done on behalf of Dr. Thaksin in the past two and a half years, as the firm has concentrated on forms of advocacy and legal representation that do not qualify as lobbying under US law.

Amsterdam & Partners LLP continues to be retained by Dr. Thaksin for the purposes of public advocacy and legal representation. The firm’s activities on behalf of Dr. Thaksin and the UDD carry on as normal."

http://robertamsterdam.com/thailand/2012/08/01/robert-amsterdam-continues-to-work-for-the-red-shirts-and-thaksin-shinawatra/

In reference to the statement of A&P may I put emphasize on this fragment from near the end:

"as the firm has concentrated on forms of advocacy and legal representation that do not qualify as lobbying under US law"

twitter from tulsathit:Someone in the know has told us R. Amsterdam ending a lobbying contract with Thaksin has smokescreen written all over it.

should just have "irrelevant" written all over it.

Amsterdam is irrelevant. His hideously grotesque features match his ugly character and nonexistent morals.

If ever anyone were searching for a model on which to base a gargoyle, he's your thing.

He's probably at home feasting on raw babies in his shrine to the atrocious and their feats.

Long may his skin be infested by boils and abscesses.

• Like 1

twitter from tulsathit:Someone in the know has told us R. Amsterdam ending a lobbying contract with Thaksin has smokescreen written all over it.

Amsterdam is irrelevant. His hideously grotesque features match his ugly character and nonexistent morals.

If ever anyone were searching for a model on which to base a gargoyle, he's your thing.

He's probably at home feasting on raw babies in his shrine to the atrocious and their feats.

you have a lot to say about someone you call irrelevant.

It even sounds like you have extensive personal knowledge about him: his personal character, morals, eating habits and skin conditions.

;)

The rumour among Thais is that Thaksin didn't pay his bills

Well that is good news. It doesn't have to be true, but a nice rumour like that running amok amongst the Thais will be no bad thing.

defamation, anyone??

wait, it's Thaksin, so that's OK...

whistling.gif

Just to remind that the topic title was a wee bit too restrictive:

"August 1, 2012

Robert Amsterdam Continues to Work for the Red Shirts and Thaksin Shinawatra

On July 31, 2012 the blog "Legal Times" reported that Amsterdam & Partners submitted documents indicating that the firm had ceased lobbying activities on behalf of Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra in the United States. Unfortunately the report was mistaken by some to mean that Amsterdam & Partners has ceased all advocacy on behalf of Dr. Thaksin and the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD). This is not the case, as the documents in question only refer to lobbying activities before officials of the United States government. Such activities constitute a minuscule portion of the work the firm has done on behalf of Dr. Thaksin in the past two and a half years, as the firm has concentrated on forms of advocacy and legal representation that do not qualify as lobbying under US law.

Amsterdam & Partners LLP continues to be retained by Dr. Thaksin for the purposes of public advocacy and legal representation. The firm's activities on behalf of Dr. Thaksin and the UDD carry on as normal."

http://robertamsterd...sin-shinawatra/

I saw a article in a major Bangkok paper saying that Amsterdam was still representing Thaksin.

These headlines are miss leading. They lead one to believe that there was a falling out of thieves.

Not so.

Have you anything to contribute to this forum other than unsubstantiated rumours and insanities ?

Have you anything to contribute to this forum other than unsubstantiated rumours and insanities ?

As for contribution not based on rumours and insanities, I can attribute the following:

"Any day now, but surely before the end of this month k. Thaksin will be received with open arms in the country of US of A" smile.png

RT@robertamsterdam: Rumors I no longer work for the Red Shirts are completely false. I remain as committed as ever to making sure my clients receive justice.

RT@robertamsterdam: I should also confirm I remain retained by Dr Thaksin with my main efforts focused on bringing the 2010 Thai regime to account at the ICC.

Doesn't this put them at odds with Thaksin as he wants to give an amnesty to, amongst others, those involved in the breaking up of the demonstrations in 2010 which ended in the deaths of red shirt supporters? This doesn't seem to fit with what appears to be a statement that the red shirts are clients and Amsterdam is committed to making sure they receive justice and bring the 2010 Thai regime before the ICC.

Maybe I'm not reading this correctly.

I still think it has tax dodge written all over it.

you have a lot to say about someone you call irrelevant.

It even sounds like you have extensive personal knowledge about him: his personal character, morals, eating habits and skin conditions.

;)

Someone who is paid to forget his morals and decency