2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shame everywhere else seems to get the 300. But maybe a 250 can be converted to 300 by some enterprising Thai workshop.

The 300 is just a slightly longer stroke 49mm versus the 250's stroke 41.5mm

Same pistons & diameter 62mm etc.

I am sure it is easy enough to increase 50cc either by new taller cylinder/crank etc

Or instead go the other way with more Bore size

But the 300 also has a slipper clutch & beefed up crank/lower end I believe

also increased intake porting & slightly larger by 1mm valve

Shame everywhere else seems to get the 300. But maybe a 250 can be converted to 300 by some enterprising Thai workshop.

The 300 is just a slightly longer stroke 49mm versus the 250's stroke 41.5mm

Same pistons & diameter 62mm etc.

I am sure it is easy enough to increase 50cc either by new taller cylinder/crank etc

Or instead go the other way with more Bore size

But the 300 also has a slipper clutch & beefed up crank/lower end I believe

also increased intake porting & slightly larger by 1mm valve

We might be lucky if the deck height is the same then 300 exhausts will fit a 250. Because most overseas, for us, exhaust manufacturers will be making systems for the 300.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

We might be lucky if the deck height is the same then 300 exhausts will fit a 250. Because most overseas, for us, exhaust manufacturers will be making systems for the 300.

Time will tell.

True that!

I know the slipon's fit both 250/300 from what I am reading on the US 300 forums

But as you say exhaust port height will be important for the full systems.

You know the stock system on the new bike actually sounds quite good at speed.

Of course I am sure it is heavy & maybe somewhat restrictive.

But I also notice on dyno charts I have seen on a couple of aftermarket cans & systems

it sure is not as bad as it use to be back when

bolting on a new exhaust system & changing air filter/carb jets gave really impressive gains.

seems the gains these days are not as big of a gap

Then again I guess with it all being FI now you need to look at that with some kind of

power commander etc.

Edited by mania

Time will tell.

True that!

I know the slipon's fit both 250/300 from what I am reading on the US 300 forums

But as you say exhaust port height will be important for the full systems.

I noticed a stack of Two Brothers slip-ons at Pukers Kwacker yesterday that all said "Ninja 300" on them.

I noticed a stack of Two Brothers slip-ons at Pukers Kwacker yesterday that all said "Ninja 300" on them.

Yeah 2 brothers & other US manufacturers will

now call it the 300 if it is a 2013 since no 2013 250 exists there

But they fit as I have seen them on already here in Chiang Mai

Mat I be cynical? You saw some slip-ons at Phuket Kawasaki that had Two Brothers badges on them?

The Chiang Mai Kawasaki Dealer also has a display of them ( Two Brothers Slip on's )

Actually Kawasaki here has a nice range of aftermarket products & they are very easy/nice to deal with

Edited by mania

So mania, when are you going to give us a good review? How does it compare with the other bikes you have had? Did you have an old ninja or a CBR before?

Hi Mac

Well so far I really do like it a lot.

Yes I have owned bikes but not here in Thailand

Mainly larger 600-900 RR Honda's on the street in the US

+ many dirt bikes.

But I am not disappointed at all by this 250.

I have not really stretched it yet as I am breaking in, albeit harder than a soft break in but,

I have not redlined it at all yet. Only have 275 or so KM's on it.

But everything about it has been tops so far.

Comfort is way up there. suspension great, transmission silky smooth, light clutch

Bike revs which is what I like in a bike. Acceleration is very nice thru the gears.

More than adequate & I am sure more power is lurking there as I said I have not

put it where it wants to be. I can tell this will be a really fun scoot in the upper registers

of revs. For everyday riding around town it is great too! The light clutch & smooth trannie

makes it a breeze in town.

Quality I would say is very good IMHO. I had always rode Honda's in the US on the street & always was

very impressed with fit & finish. I can say the same for this Kawasaki.

Yes it is not like a 600 or 900 RR 4cylinder for sure but more than enough for me here.

I look forward to many fun days on it.

One thing I really do want to find soon is a bit more length on the rear hugger.

It is so tiny any little puddle you go thru tosses a mess under the rear & partially on the rear

shock.

I am told the after market guys need to redesign what was used on 2012 & earlier for this bike.

Seems the old bikes did not have the rear brake hose guides permanently attached to swing arm.

But I am sure one is coming as I see some in Indonesia already.

I will be sure to post more as I get the bike broken in but so far 100% enjoying it.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Mat I be cynical? You saw some slip-ons at Phuket Kawasaki that had Two Brothers badges on them?

Yes. They sell a lot of aftermarket stuff. Alpine Star too. AS stuff they admitted was counterfeit. @Bros stuff looks real.

Isn't that the pre-tax pricelist? huh.png

I was told it was the OTD price list. The financing numbers includes 1st class insurance for 1 year and reg too.

The off topic discussion price list? What about the 2013 price list then? I guess they may still have some bikes in stock they are willing to sell fro the old price, before officially rasing the prices.

Admittedly haven't really kept up with Kawa prices but I thought the ER-6n was 250,000. It's 254 in the above. It's not totally unreasonable as Thai made Honda prices increased by around 3 - 6k baht.

I was told it was the OTD price list. The financing numbers includes 1st class insurance for 1 year and reg too.

OTD price for the bike alone, Tax, plates and insurance come in at around 10k more :)

But the big question is just how much more tax will all potential buyers have to stump up soon....

Admittedly haven't really kept up with Kawa prices but I thought the ER-6n was 250,000. It's 254 in the above. It's not totally unreasonable as Thai made Honda prices increased by around 3 - 6k baht.

It was raised to 254,000b well before the tax announcement last week. That is the old price set for 2013. The price that was set for the 2013 models before any of this tax nonsense was announced.

Edited by cbrer

Ahh couldn't wait any longer

325 km on the clock

No redline but many excursions thru the gears

in the 10,500-11,000 rpm range.

Impressive for a 250. Smooth pulling all the way thru

No secondary blast like a 600RR after 10,000 but hey its a 250 wink.png

Gotta love a high revving engine. Does anything sound as sweet?

All cars should be made to sound like F1 cars too laugh.png

After a few hundred more km's I am going to try & hit up

Honda Big Wing that just opened here with their new dyno room.

I want to see if they will sell dyno time for brands other than Honda bought there

I would like to see a base line before doing anything mods to it.

Just curious & hopefully they want the business regardless of brand.

They have that nice new Dyno room sitting there & I can't imagine they are dyno testing many.

Will see

The off topic discussion price list? What about the 2013 price list then? I guess they may still have some bikes in stock they are willing to sell fro the old price, before officially rasing the prices.

Off topic? What are you on about? That is the current price list. Just recently got it. They were sitting on the table next to a 2013 Ninja 250.

Off topic? What are you on about? That is the current price list. Just recently got it. They were sitting on the table next to a 2013 Ninja 250.

I called kawazaki and they told me that all the ninja 250 from were already pre ordered and if I wanted one I would have to wait until this year. And I would have to pay the new motorcycle tax, which the sales man couldn't confirm the amount but gave me an estimated about of 7k baht more.

That's why I asked about the new price. Your price sheet doesn't include the new tax. And that's what I was wondering about.

You obviously don't understand.

Those prices for the 2013 models were released a few months. That is your price list.

A new tax for motorcycles is just being put in place. 150-500cc = 5%, 500cc-1000cc = 10%, 1000cc+ = 20%.

This was announced about a week ago. Honda's new CBR 500's increased by 6,000b from the price that was given only one month ago.

Kawa's 650's could increase by 10%, around 25-30k each, depending on if Kawa absorb some of the increase. That is what we are asking for information about. Not your old pricelist.

Comprende amigo?

Edited by cbrer

I called kawazaki and they told me that all the ninja 250 from were already pre ordered and if I wanted one I would have to wait until this year. And I would have to pay the new motorcycle tax, which the sales man couldn't confirm the amount but gave me an estimated about of 7k baht more.

Cheers. That's what, about 4% increase. If true it seems that Kawa isn't going to absorb the extra cost as much as Honda.

So they told you it's the OTD price list and you did not bother asking what they mean with that? Obviously OTD could stand for quite a few things, like "of (or on) the day", "obsessive talking disorder", "on the double", "on the dot", "on the door", "off topic discussion",...

I am afraid the fact that you found this price list lying next to a mocy at the Phuket Kwaker dealer just after new years and your ever helpful green clad salesperson telling you that you can have the bikes for those very prices, does not make it automatically the new price list after the raised tax. It's nice to have faith, they even say ignorance is bliss, but deluding yourself may not protect you from some kind of disappointment down the line.

Bottom line is that big bikes will get dearer due to a stupid tax hike. That's what I'm on about.

So they told you it's the OTD price list and you did not bother asking what they mean with that? Obviously OTD could stand for quite a few things, like "of (or on) the day", "obsessive talking disorder", "on the double", "on the dot", "on the door", "off topic discussion",...

"OTD" is a industry standard acronym which I used here, not them. They used plain English.

I am afraid the fact that you found this price list lying next to a mocy at the Phuket Kwaker dealer just after new years and your ever helpful green clad salesperson telling you that you can have the bikes for those very prices, does not make it automatically the new price list after the raised tax.

The pricelist was actually handed to me by the manager.

I have been following this thread, but I apparently missed the comments about the tax hike or any news of it. This is the first I have heard of it. My apologies. I may be old fashioned, but I still prefer hard evidence from the dealers mouth over internet forum post rumors.

I will have to go put my deposit on an N650 today to hopefully lock in the old price. If it's going up 25-30%, that may change my decision as to whether I will get one.

Here is another "off topic" post for you. The current Kawasaki N250 webpage. Still showing price as 158,500 plus 7% VAT.

http://www.kawasaki.co.th/th/motorcycle_01_ninja250r.asp