2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

I imagine insurance can vary depending on coverage, limits & maybe bike?

It does not say much to say my insurance is 5k or 8k

How much coverage is your bail bond?

How much coverage Physical Damage,Fire,Theft

How much is the 3rd party liability

What additional coverages does it have if any for medial to cover simple personal accidents

on the bike for you & passenger

Also I wonder if like in the USA some cars/bikes are more expensive to insure because

of a bad reputation for accidents? There Sport bikes always cost more to insure than tour bikes etc

Same with certain cars

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pay 8000 thb something for a 500 cc bike for 1st class from Tokio Marine 80 percent.

How come 1st class is more expensive on a 250 cc bike?

And macknife, i go hard with a bigger 500 cc and i see people going hard with bigger bikes than mine so i am sure you will have no troubles and you can change the mirrors anytime with small ones if it will be a concern.

I just called Tokio Marine and they said they don't insure motorcycles. Do you have a number to call, please?

I pay 8000 thb something for a 500 cc bike for 1st class from Tokio Marine 80 percent.

And macknife, i go hard with a bigger 500 cc and i see people going hard with bigger bikes than mine so i am sure you will have no troubles and you can change the mirrors anytime with small ones if it will be a concern.

I just called Tokio Marine and they said they don't insure motorcycles. Do you have a number to call, please?

Strange!

I got it from honda bigwing directly and it is stated in my receipt.

They have a website in english. Google tokio marine thailand.

Inform us on your progress.

Strange!

I did, thanks, but they said no motorcycles! https://www.tokiomarine.co.th/en/index.php

Strange!

I did, thanks, but they said no motorcycles! https://www.tokiomarine.co.th/en/index.php

Maybe honda bigwing has a special aggreement with them.

I m not sure but i do not think honda bigwing lied to me.

I will ask them in my next visit.

Strange!

I did, thanks, but they said no motorcycles! https://www.tokiomar...th/en/index.php

As I said in my post above, Honda have a special arrangement with them to insure only their motorcycles and even then only through a broker. If your bike is a honda and still newish, Brian at Sumet Cycles could maybe arrange it for you.

Ok thanks, will do! Though I do recall seeing one of his quotes for a CBR250 in a post and it was about the same as MSIG.

I got it from them for my CBR250 a few months ago. Was about 6500 I think. Maybe a bit less.

Well I picked up my new Ninja yesterday.

First thing, They honoured the old price from when I ordered it, so that was good of them.

Regarding insurance. They offered one policy for about 8500B and 7200B for Mittare. When I showed them my quote of 6900B from Mittare they relented and gave it to me for 6900. Seems kawasaki are trying to make money from the insurance policies they sell, though I'll admit it is more convenient getting insurance while buying the bike.

Freebies, disappointing really. I wasn't expecting that much but somehow I thought I'd get more than a T-shirt and a key ring, considering Honda usually throw in a jacket and helmet.

The bike. I haven't had much chance to really ride it, maybe 80kms. Coming from a CBR it does feel much bigger. It feels taller. Acceleration is very nice and yet to go past 10000rpms. The guy at Kawa said to keep it below 5000rpm for the first 1000kms. He must be on drugs coz that's almost impossible. I was past 5000rpms within the first 50m from the shop. The shocks seem quite firm and you feel the bumps more than on the CBR, I think I can have it adjusted though. The brakes are ok but I guess they will get better once worn in a little more. I had it up to 120kph and it's very smooth, it will go much faster than this though. It looks amazing, (Black/green) and everyone stops to stare. The boys at the petrol station love it.

My one fault, is that it gets very hot. The inside of my thighs feel very very warm against the fairings. The engine casing is extremely hot to touch. I took it back to the shop today and the sales guy felt it and said it was normal. I'm not so sure, I'll take it back next Saturday when the mechanics are there. If you were going on a long trip out of town I think the heat would really build up to the point where you would have to stop to let it cool down. I checked the oil and coolant levels and they seem fine. Any ideas? Is there a fan like on the CBR? Because I've never heard it kick in.

My one fault, is that it gets very hot. The inside of my thighs feel very very warm against the fairings. The engine casing is extremely hot to touch. I took it back to the shop today and the sales guy felt it and said it was normal. I'm not so sure, I'll take it back next Saturday when the mechanics are there. If you were going on a long trip out of town I think the heat would really build up to the point where you would have to stop to let it cool down. I checked the oil and coolant levels and they seem fine. Any ideas? Is there a fan like on the CBR? Because I've never heard it kick in.

Hey Mac glad your getting some miles in

I would definitely check out that heat if you think it is excessive

As I told you I have never noticed on mine anything excessive & do quite a few 3 hour + rides

But on the other hand I wonder why you r not getting an engine heat warning light tripped if it is excessive?

Anyway good to have it checked just in case as like I said I do not notice any heat build up just normal

& definitely not bothering my legs at all so you may have something going on there.

Maybe double check they did not leave any packing up in the tunnel

they created to ram air down from the front & out the bottom of the fairings.

This area runs behind the radiator

The Kawasaki has what they call their KAMS system

Liquid Cooling with KAMS:

• Kawasaki Air Management System (KAMS) uses a special deflector to redirect hot air from the radiator fan, so it exits the bottom of the motorcycle instead of being blown onto the rider
  • Lightweight Denso radiator offers effective engine cooling with minimal space and weight
  • Fan design uses a quiet-running motor that also saves space
  • Fins on the lower side of the crankcase provide additional engine cooling

• 3 weeks later...

I get home yesterday and lock the bike up at my condo. I go out a few hours later to find loads of scratches on the left side fairing. i thought a cat might have done it at first but then I check the end of the handlebar and gear lever and true enough some c*&t has tried to move it and dropped it on it's side. It's chained up to a bar in the ground, so I suspect whoever tried to move it/steal it, didn't know it was chained up, so the sudden stop caused him to drop it.

Luckily, the scratches on the fairing aren't deep and only where the stickers are, so a new sticker will be enough. 300+ baht though, which I think is a bit expensive (For Thailand)just for a sticker. (well compared to honda anyway) Either way, I'm not too happy about it and the condo has no cameras in the carpark.

Sorry to hear that.

That is the one thing I also hate about Condo Living

I am also constantly amazed at the morons who cannot park a scooter

& usually find it right up next to my bike.

Probably drunks who come home blitzed.

Knock on wood no nicks or dings yet but I'm pretty certain their coming

I dont chain it but use a disc lock that gives 2 warning beeps if anyone touches the bike.

If they touch it a second time the alarm goes off & is quite shrill for a minute or two

then it resets back to the warning beeps but will restart if touched again.

I know this is the 2013 thread but I'd like to point out that the switch to a 15/41 sprocket setup is great. Yeah you lose some acceleration but since the gears are now broader it's not too bad. Cruising cross country on the [225] I was sitting at just over 120 km/h indicated at 8000 rpm. Definitely a more enjoyable ride. Have to go down two gears to pass at speed if cruising now.

Also didn't really affect my fuel range but I assume that has as much to do with the gasahol as anything else.

**edit**

Weight savings was pretty nice also. I got the aluminium Vortex sprocket and it weighs the same as the countershaft sprocket! At most 1/2 the weight of the OEM sprocket.

Edited by dave_boo

some c*&t has tried to move it and dropped it on it's side. It's chained up to a bar in the ground, so I suspect whoever tried to move it/steal it, didn't know it was chained up, so the sudden stop caused him to drop it.

Either way, I'm not too happy about it and the condo has no cameras in the carpark.

If someone has tried to nick your bike (and it's not that one of the new 100k car drivers has knocked it over) I'd be wary because they know where it is now and might come back next time with some bolt cutters...can you move it to some-place else more secure?

some c*&t has tried to move it and dropped it on it's side. It's chained up to a bar in the ground, so I suspect whoever tried to move it/steal it, didn't know it was chained up, so the sudden stop caused him to drop it.

Either way, I'm not too happy about it and the condo has no cameras in the carpark.

If someone has tried to nick your bike (and it's not that one of the new 100k car drivers has knocked it over) I'd be wary because they know where it is now and might come back next time with some bolt cutters...can you move it to some-place else more secure?

Probably just some careless prick dropped it or scraped it and then panicked to get away. Had a motorbike catch his peg under the bumper of my car this morning while I was stationary. The guy could have just removed the peg and there would have been no damage but in his panic to escape the scene he ripped it out and screwed up my rear bumper. Then rode of with his head facing the other way. Love it when that happens...

Probably just some careless prick dropped it or scraped it and then panicked to get away. Had a motorbike catch his peg under the bumper of my car this morning while I was stationary. The guy could have just removed the peg and there would have been no damage but in his panic to escape the scene he ripped it out and screwed up my rear bumper. Then rode of with his head facing the other way. Love it when that happens...
Yes I don't think anyone tried to steal it. It's parked with all the other bikes so it wasn't a car. maybe the kids were playing on it but the kids around here are pretty small so I don't think they could have moved to get the kick stand up. Like Johny says, I think it was a security guard or a Thai guy just trying to move it and not realising it's chained up. Anyway, it's going to kawasaki on Monday for it's first service and I have ordered a new sticker which hopefully will make it good as new again. The gear lever and handlebar end is still a little scuffed, but I'll worry about that later as I planned to change them anyway.

Has anyone rewired the headlights and changed the bulbs so that both lights light up on low beam and both have high beam too? Old or new N250. If yes, what was the procedure and how much did it cost?

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/8-ninja-300-general-discussion/616-both-head-lights-running-same-time.html

Does not seem easy as if I understand it correctly the lighting differences are done thru the reflectors

Some talk about projectors?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39144

PS: How you liking the new bike?

Edited by mania

Hey Mania, Macknife - how are you both liking the bike ?

Certainly a bonny bike - is it keeping you happy, or does it leave you wanting for more ?

Would certainly be interested to hear your honest opinions. Any problems atall ? Is it comfortable on long journeys ? Cruising speed, etc....

Im asking, as I've still not pulled the trigger on a ride yet - I find myself still waiting on news of the z800 and am not able to find a definite concensus on it. Most Westerners seem to be of the opinion it won't be released, but on various Thai forums at the moment, there seems to be growing excitement, and talks of insider information about the imminent release of the z800 at impact challenger later this month, along with details of prices, etc - for sure we'll know then, but do you think this is just supposition / wishful thinking on their part ? Both the factory and dealers have no information for me whatsoever.

Basically, I fell I've waited for long time already, so a little while longer won't hurt - but, if it doesn't get released - is the ninja 250 enough for your pleasure, or do you feel you would have been perhaps happier with a 650 ? The new black one looks quite phat, but a hundred grand difference is quite considerable, if the end result isn't going to be all that much different other than aesthetic.

Regards.

Certainly a bonny bike - is it keeping you happy, or does it leave you wanting for more ?

Would certainly be interested to hear your honest opinions. Any problems atall ? Is it comfortable on long journeys ? Cruising speed, etc....

Im asking, as I've still not pulled the trigger on a ride yet - I find myself still waiting on news of the z800 and am not able to find a definite concensus on it. Most Westerners seem to be of the opinion it won't be released, but on various Thai forums at the moment, there seems to be growing excitement, and talks of insider information about the imminent release of the z800 at impact challenger later this month, along with details of prices, etc - for sure we'll know then, but do you think this is just supposition / wishful thinking on their part ? Both the factory and dealers have no information for me whatsoever.

Basically, I fell I've waited for long time already, so a little while longer won't hurt - but, if it doesn't get released - is the ninja 250 enough for your pleasure, or do you feel you would have been perhaps happier with a 650 ? The new black one looks quite phat, but a hundred grand difference is quite considerable, if the end result isn't going to be all that much different other than aesthetic.

Regards.

Different class of bike and different price bracket. The 250 is a better town bike and a lot of fun to ride hard but the er6 has a lot more power. If you're looking for something in the middle then the cb500 series is half way between in terms of price and power. I think the Kawi 650's are worth the extra money compared to the new Honda 500's...

Not really a good idea to compare the ninja 250 and the z800. Miles apart in price and performance.

Would certainly be interested to hear your honest opinions. Any problems at all ? Is it comfortable on long journeys ? Cruising speed, etc....

Well I am liking it & it does fine for the type of sport riding I like.

I am not one for long cruises & tend to do 100km loops in the hills.

These are places you would not get too much more out of a larger HP machine.

As the road is the limiter

Except in some sections of tight uphill 180 degree hairpin type turns where the torque

& added displacement would accelerate out of the turns & up the hills quicker.

But if I take it on a sight seeing type of ride with the wife on the back

yes I would not mind more if riding long stretches. Not for a sheer higher speed but probably just cruising

at a lesser rpm & having more on tap for grins.

But I did buy the bike for mainly single up sport type riding. It is what I like & this

engine is well suited for that. You can get it on the pipe ( in its higher rpm power band )

& row the gears never really needing to touch the brakes due to the engine braking characteristics

at those rpm... darting from corner to corner(Of course going downhills are another story & brakes are touched ) smile.png

If there was a track here I would strip it of street equipment & just use it there.

As that is really all I use the bike mainly for..fun. Although the wife has some vacation time coming up

so we will see if we do more sightseeing on it & I will report back.

Kawasaki here just did what they call their big bike ride & there was a lot of N250's on that ride

so many do use it in that way too.

That aside yes a very nice ride & problem free completely.

I did swap out the tires early on for the Pirelli Rosso II's &

for the riding I like, they made a BIG difference.

As for comfort, the few rides I have taken for sightseeing

with the wife was very comfortable for the both of us.

Cruising speeds for us on those rides rarely get much over 135kph & the bike is not straining there.

We live & ride in mountain type areas & the speeds are not even that high on the mountain roads.

I would say for you it comes down to what type of riding do you like, what type of roads in your area?

What type of engine characteristics do you like.

Do you like torquier bikes or higher revving bikes?

Depending on what type of riding you like & plan to do.

If a lot of two up cruising/touring/freeways I would probably lean towards the 650 twin. Also there is the new Honda

500's which I cannot comment on as I have no real experience with them. But they are priced closer to the N250 than the ER6

Lastly if your able to consider the Kawasaki 800 that of course would be in another league.

Better suspension + the 4cyl revs will be there with all that brings.

If I had a shot at a recent 4cyl 600cc at a reasonable price I would be all over it.

Having owned 600's & 900's I always loved the 600's & felt it was the sweet spot for me personally.

It is not easy here in Thailand is it? smile.png

Good Luck & looking forward to hearing about what ever you buy.

They all will put a smile on your face I'm sure

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Regards.

Different class of bike and different price bracket. The 250 is a better town bike and a lot of fun to ride hard but the er6 has a lot more power. If you're looking for something in the middle then the cb500 series is half way between in terms of price and power. I think the Kawi 650's are worth the extra money compared to the new Honda 500's...

Not really a good idea to compare the ninja 250 and the z800. Miles apart in price and performance.

Hey, JonnyF - How's it going ?

Totally agree - different class of bike, and for sure different price bracket, and there is absolutely no way I would buy a Honda 500, regardless of how cheap it was - one of the most uninspiring bikes I've ever laid eyes on.

Just trying to gather some relevant info, because if the z800 is not getting released, I think I will have to settle for something else - and I am torn between the two ninjas - 650 / 250.

I have had a go on a er6n, and found it quite comfortable, but I really find the exhaust note disappointing - power wise, it seemed pretty okay, but not massively inspiring - The 250, however, I love the look of, but have never ridden one. I think I'm looking for more of an all rounder. Price wise, the z800 is rumored to be around 380,000 - 400,000 baht. The price is more, but something I would be prepared to pay, as I would be keeping it for a while - I would rather pay more, than pay less for something I wasn't entirely satisfied with (I'm basing my assumptions on the reviews, and personal experience with a z1000). I really do love the z1000, but at 660k... With that, I'm off to visit a mate today, and will be popping into a dealer on the way, to have another drool.

Thanks for your replies.

• Like 2

ackybang,

i think you are confused on what do you want or maybe your needs.

So you want a 250 cc bike or 800 cc bike?

Man, these are the different ends of the spectrum so i advice you to first set up your priorities and needs in life and then come to a conclusion. I mean, if you compare two 250 bikes or two mid sized bikes, i can understand that.

And, although, it is nonsense to discuss tastes and preferences, still it is always odd to hear strange comments about cbr500r especially from people never even rode one or maybe not even seen one in flesh.

Regards.

Hey, JonnyF - How's it going ?

Totally agree - different class of bike, and for sure different price bracket, and there is absolutely no way I would buy a Honda 500, regardless of how cheap it was - one of the most uninspiring bikes I've ever laid eyes on.

Just trying to gather some relevant info, because if the z800 is not getting released, I think I will have to settle for something else - and I am torn between the two ninjas - 650 / 250.

I have had a go on a er6n, and found it quite comfortable, but I really find the exhaust note disappointing - power wise, it seemed pretty okay, but not massively inspiring - The 250, however, I love the look of, but have never ridden one. I think I'm looking for more of an all rounder. Price wise, the z800 is rumored to be around 380,000 - 400,000 baht. The price is more, but something I would be prepared to pay, as I would be keeping it for a while - I would rather pay more, than pay less for something I wasn't entirely satisfied with (I'm basing my assumptions on the reviews, and personal experience with a z1000). I really do love the z1000, but at 660k... With that, I'm off to visit a mate today, and will be popping into a dealer on the way, to have another drool.

Thanks for your replies.

Firstly, I do love this bike. It's fast enough for me, very smooth and looks amazing.

I actually went to the motor expo to buy the new Honda CBR500, took one look and thought no way. Then I saw the new Ninja and knew I wanted it. So far I don't regret it. But different people like different bikes so each to their own.

It's definitely a good bike and I recommend it thoroughly. But will it be good enough for you? If the power of the ER6N was just 'ok' then the 250 might not be. If money is no issue then why not get the Ninja650? I actually think the 250 looks better, but looks aren't everything. Is it worth 100,000Baht+ more? That's for you to decide, for me it is an issue, so the N250 wins. I don't think there are any Ninja650 riders that are disappointed.

Like Mania says, try and rent one, I'm sure you can rent in Pattaya. Kawasaki in Bkk will let you test ride their bikes on a little strip near the shop. It's not much but at least it will give an idea.

I forgot to answer your questions.

No problems so far.

I went on a short trip about 2 hours away and it was very comfortable. I had a CBR before and the Ninja feels more comfortable.

I've spoken to people that have said they got 175kph top speed. So far I've only had it up to 150+kph. On my short trip cruising on the highways, it was very happy sitting at 130-150kph and that was with the GF on the back.

You know one thing about the looks of the new Ninja 250

It has a very nice look/stance & it could be just because it is a new revamped

year but....In all my years & all my bikes I have ridden/owned

I have never had so many compliments from complete strangers.

I have had shop owners come out of their shop when I am parked to tell me how

good the bike looks, Lots of Thai guys will come up to me & start

talking with me, telling me how good it looks & ask me how it does in the hills.

Even TukTuk drivers at stop lights will start talking to me after telling me how good it

looks. I have gotten use to it & always thank them & ask if they want to buy one.

Answer is always yes

So from a looks standpoint Kawasaki really seems to have hit a home run on this

one judging by the compliments.

Is there an improvement in low and mid power over the previous ninja 250?

Cant say personally as I have not ridden the old.

But I did just see a dyno finally for the 2013

The sheet reads Kawasaki Ninja 250, 2010

but the maker of the pipe assures me it is the 2013 dyno

& he does not know why they wrote 2010

He does also have pics of a green 2013 strapped to the dyno

Looks like they gained 2.67hp & 0.43nm torque

But the top looks choppy so I asked him what else he did & he said nothing.

Stock air filter could be causing the burble on top.

I guess now with this dyno sheet we can easily go find an older dyno

& see if it has any improvements low & mid as they have a stock run too.

The company is Alias No Limits with their Corse Titanium pipe system

full system about 16k. Not a bad looking system although I do not personally

like a system to exit so skyward that you need a plug when parked & worried about rain.

But it seems the one on the Black ninja is mounted with more upsweep than the green

which looks ok in that regard

Could just be photo angles?

Lastly I am hoping to get mine dyno'ed stock & will post the results

420299_428430797240281_1893715754_n.jpg

551336_428519270564767_397813324_n.jpg

17699_428269217256439_1226577942_n.jpg

528436_430948980321796_382500527_n.jpg

Edited by mania
  • Like 2