2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

Although I have always liked Honda best for fit & finish & have owned many in the US

600 & 900 RR's + MX bikes

Here in Thailand given the choice between a Honda 250 single thumper & this twin...

No contest for me the twin. Rev's = fun on smaller displacement bikes.

Also does not hurt that the Ninja is the better looking between the two ( IMO ) I know looks are subjective.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i see myself for over 170 for it in no time

Can you translate that?

You're over 170kg?

You think it will get to 170kph in no time?

You think the price will be over 170k thb?

ha ha ha

i meant to wrote "see myself fork over 170k

means I am ok with the price of 170000 bht

I weigh 93 kilos, imagine a 170 kilo guy riding ninjette

Careful now, you'll give hehehoho (the Honda spammer in his latest incarnation as Emptybasementbin) a heart attack. The type of guy that drinks Lao khao because Heineken is 800% more expensive but only only 700% better.

I think the new 250R will be about 160k and worth every penny. A bullet proof bike that looks like a zx10, behaves in bkk traffic and has a professional dealer support network backing you up. If you want to save a few baht you can negotiate a price for the cbr from Somchai on the corner, deal with the horror stories of AP Honda (see the cbr thread for stories of services done where they forget to fill it up with oil and the engine seizes down the road - and the owner pays the bill), and ride a bike that looks like it's made in China. Up to you.

• Like 2

Well if it is 160k,which I doubt because surely Kwak wouldn't price themselves out of the market, then I saved 61k getting my cbr from a Honda main dealer and I remember only one post regards the missing oil. What I do remember is our forum sponsor saying he has never had to put in a warranty claim which speaks volumes considering how many times over the cbr outsells the ninjette.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

One can not blame the dealer when their staff mess up as they did on my cbr...

There is nothing wrong with taking a honda to a honda... I am surw that in 99.99% of every encounter it will be ok!!! Are people forgetting that kawasaki ha to start too... I much prefer hondas strategy to kawasaki...

One dealer on every street corner vs kawasaki with 10 dealerships around the country!!!

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Although I have always liked Honda best for fit & finish & have owned many in the US

Here in Thailand given the choice between a Honda 250 single thumper & this twin...

Also does not hurt that the Ninja is the better looking between the two ( IMO ) I know looks are subjective.

I think that nobody will argue with the better looking bike comment. It's interesting that Honda brought the mini-CBRs in line with their touring range styling and Kawasaki brought their mini-Ninja in line with their ZX range. Will the much sportier looking Ninja help it unseat the cheaper CBR? Not in Thailand. In the 'real' world quite possibly as the new boy racer riders will spring for it regardless of the actual results from the tracks.

Careful now, you'll give hehehoho (the Honda spammer in his latest incarnation as Emptybasementbin) a heart attack. The type of guy that drinks Lao khao because Heineken is 800% more expensive but only only 700% better.

I think the new 250R will be about 160k and worth every penny. A bullet proof bike that looks like a zx10, behaves in bkk traffic and has a professional dealer support network backing you up. If you want to save a few baht you can negotiate a price for the cbr from Somchai on the corner, deal with the horror stories of AP Honda (see the cbr thread for stories of services done where they forget to fill it up with oil and the engine seizes down the road - and the owner pays the bill), and ride a bike that looks like it's made in China. Up to you.

Are you implying that the Ninja is 700% better than the CBR? As in litre bike power? Or merely ~10% more HP and beat on the track Stateside by the lowly thumper?

Also interesting how an isolated incident is inflated to multiple destroyed vehicles.

I think that nobody will argue with the better looking bike comment. It's interesting that Honda brought the mini-CBRs in line with their touring range styling and Kawasaki brought their mini-Ninja in line with their ZX range. Will the much sportier looking Ninja help it unseat the cheaper CBR? Not in Thailand. In the 'real' world quite possibly as the new boy racer riders will spring for it regardless of the actual results from the tracks.

Are you implying that the Ninja is 700% better than the CBR? As in litre bike power? Or merely ~10% more HP and beat on the track Stateside by the lowly thumper?

Also interesting how an isolated incident is inflated to multiple destroyed vehicles.

No I wasn't implying it's 700% better. 700% less ugly? Probably.

It was just a light hearted example of how easy it is to justify the cheaper option. You know, the old "why is it 37.453% more expensive when it only has 11.654% more horsepower" argument. It just doesn't make sense, any more than someone buying a Ferrari in Thailand expects it to be 700% faster than a Subaru Impreza. So are they a fool for buying a Ferrari? Of course not, if they can afford it and it's worth the extra money for them then good luck to them.

PS I fully admit that I just made all those numbers up so there's no need to contradict them :)

honda 250 r looks like a scooter, omg

i think i will buy ninjette, i am almost 100 percent and the 2013 model looks the best!!!!!

this can easily replace my girlfriend anytime ha ha

Get that to replace your g/f and you won't need to buy the heating version of KY anymore!

I appreciate the decision to built the new Ninjette with fuel gauge and clock. For me these are real improvements. But for some others it is less a "race bike" now.

Looks nice. But not that much difference to the "old" model. If they sell it for the price of a CBR i may consider one, or two biggrin.png

I appreciate the decision to built the new Ninjette with fuel gauge and clock. For me these are real improvements. But for some others it is less a "race bike" now.

Looks nice. But not that much difference to the "old" model. If they sell it for the price of a CBR i may consider one, or two biggrin.png

Don't even consider it. Surely you've calculated that you could get 2 more Tiger Boxers for that type of money. Can you imagine 3 of those bad boys on the parking lot, each with it's own fuel gauge! Living the dream baby...

Don't even consider it. Surely you've calculated that you could get 2 more Tiger Boxers for that type of money. Can you imagine 3 of those bad boys on the parking lot, each with it's own fuel gauge! Living the dream baby...

My Tiger Boxer is gone and i really don't miss it. A thai guy was happy to take it. And i got a CBR 150R. Nice bike, with day trip counter, clock and a fuel gauge also. All for less than 80k new biggrin.png

So, you think ninja is better bike just because you bought it? If you own a cbr250, i am sure you are shitting on a ninja 250 now. Just be honest and do not arouse others. Just be objective.

First of all, it is hard to compare these two bikes.

Second, paying 160.000 thb for a 250 cc bike? Just paying more for new fairings? Just be reasonable man. Paying 60,000 thb more for 10 percent more power - and 10 percent less torque by the way- , new plastics and a fuel gauge, less city action, more turning radius, less low and mid grunt. Just consider all these. You can just put 100.000 thb more and get a 650 kawasaki man.

And, i think, it does not look so good to me. It is the same style coming from other Kawa bigger models and it resembles all the double head lighted higher displacement sport bikes in the market say it Kawa or Yamaha.

Still, i am sure it might be fun to drive it in a track or curves up North but that is it for me.

Dropped into the Pats Kwaka dealer, they said they will know next month for prices and colours and about 2 months before they start getting them. He reckons a top speed of 170 kph. 6 people have already signed up for it.

Think this will be a popular choice, very nice!

post-61039-0-87782000-1344332290_thumb.j

Looks great, but still only one headlight lights up. Always looks to me like one of the bulbs has blown. Why do they do that? Shallow though it is, it's one of the main reason i wouldnt buy one.(The main being the price) It would just bug me that everyone that looked at my bike would think the light is broken.

2013-Kawasaki-Ninja-250R-sports-bike-revealed-Photos-Video-19.jpg

White looks awesome, if I didn't already have the 2008 model I'd get this for sure - a bike that looks like a ZX10 but is comfortable and practical for around town. I agree that for 100k more the er6n/f is probably better value for money but for everyday use the practicality and stunning looks of this little 250 would probably swing it for me.

i see myself for over 170 for it in no time

Can you translate that?

You're over 170kg?

You think it will get to 170kph in no time?

You think the price will be over 170k thb?

ha ha ha

i meant to wrote "see myself fork over 170k

means I am ok with the price of 170000 bht

I weigh 93 kilos, imagine a 170 kilo guy riding ninjette

you are a 200 pounder who wants a ninjette?

now i understand why you are so worried about your shopping.

Dropped into the Pats Kwaka dealer, they said they will know next month for prices and colours and about 2 months before they start getting them. He reckons a top speed of 170 kph. 6 people have already signed up for it.

The old model Ninja would hit an indicated 170...if the new model hit an actual 170 it would be quite more powerful than the old model.

So, you think ninja is better bike just because you bought it? If you own a cbr250, i am sure you are shitting on a ninja 250 now. Just be honest and do not arouse others. Just be objective.

First of all, it is hard to compare these two bikes.

Second, paying 160.000 thb for a 250 cc bike? Just paying more for new fairings? Just be reasonable man. Paying 60,000 thb more for 10 percent more power - and 10 percent less torque by the way- , new plastics and a fuel gauge, less city action, more turning radius, less low and mid grunt. Just consider all these. You can just put 100.000 thb more and get a 650 kawasaki man.

And, i think, it does not look so good to me. It is the same style coming from other Kawa bigger models and it resembles all the double head lighted higher displacement sport bikes in the market say it Kawa or Yamaha.

Still, i am sure it might be fun to drive it in a track or curves up North but that is it for me.

As much as I am a Honda ho, it still makes sense that people want a 'lil Ninja. Let's be honest; has anyone ever heard of a Ninjette engine blowing? A motor that has been refined for the last 2 decades and has a proven track record of reliability is something that is a major plus.

And what of exclusivity? With as few Ninjas sold, especially compared to the CBR 250, you are part of a small special group. That matters to some people.

The modifications available dwarf all other bikes offered in LOS. There's a few people that matters to.

Being able to go to, even if of a limited number, one of the EXCELLENT (speaking from experience) Kawasaki shops is a peace of mind. Also, upon upgrading, because most expats are not going to have continual satisification on such a small bike (from any manufacturer) being able to sell the bike for 2/3 of what you paid and upgrading to the same benefits, from the same dealer, is a plus. Sure you can buy a CBR 150 and then upgrade (or sidegrade?) to a 250...but then what? Go up to the N*700? Huge step in price, you can't get the N*700 at all dealers, and you still have the dealer issues.

**edit**

Horrible grammar.

Edited by dave_boo

I think you make some good points Dave. Even though I've owned the Ninja for four years, whenever one blasts past me while I'm driving (I dont see that many even in BKK) I momentarily think ''that looks pretty nice, what is it? Zx10, Ninja 650 or Ninja 250?"

When a CBR250 overtakes me, I think "is that the 150 or the 250, and is that a case of vegetables strapped to the pillion seat or a gas cylinder?"

It obviously wasn't a factor when I bought the bike back in 2008 as the er6f/n, versys, cbr250, monster 795 etc wasn't even on the market then. But if I had the choice of a bike I saw 30 times a day or a bike I saw twice a month, all things being equal I'd take the latter - especially when the aftersales support is so strong with Kawasaki.

The fact the Ninja is a beautiful looking bike and the CBR looks like a dogs dinner is also a factor, plus the sportier nature, higher top speed, higher hp of the Ninja etc.

haha, strong and superior kawa support or service, huh?biggrin.png

True or not, some people complain as they need to wait weeks for spares or just for some minor spare part changes. They say service is over booked and even some owners need to put some money under the table to get their bikes fixed fast. Of course, i am reflecting others' opinion, i do not own a kawa or never get any bike fixed there.

Yes, Honda mechanics are not that competent but at least, you can change your oil in the middle of nowhere anytime without a wait.

As you know, kawasaki sold a good number of bikes over 4 years but they only opened one more sales/service centre in Bangkok last year.- Motoholics something close to Wong Wien Yai and their sevice area is really small like they emphasize on sales more that servicing -

So, they say, there are now problems on servicing as many bikes but not available space or mechanics or time.

And, do not tell me like cbr250 is every where as i see Ninja250 more that cbr250 on the roads.

On top of that, if you were looking a 250 cc bike and if they were selling cbr250 4 years ago for two thirds of the price of a ninja250, which one were you buying?

Here, as an owner of cbr250, i am not an ego maniac and i am mature enough to say that ninja250 is a better bike than cbr 250 - of course this way as you need to pay 50 - 60 k morebiggrin.png and not regarding city riding -

But, here the comments are mostly emotional therefore subjective. Just because you own a cbr or a ninja, and spend good fun time on it does not mean it is a better bike. What makes a bike better for an individual is its fulfilment of needs, value/performance and if it ticking all the boxes or not.

Both these bikes are the crowns of 250 cc segment and a 250 cc bike is a 250 cc bike at the end. Kawa or Honda, 250 is 250. So, i find it not reasonable to pay 50 - 60 k more for a 250 cc. If you find it reasonable that time, good for you then, i am not judging you guys here bc you own a ninja 250. It is a fun and good bike, yes. But, just not reasonable for me.

One have to know to respect others' opinion man.

But if I had the choice of a bike I saw 30 times a day or a bike I saw twice a month, all things being equal I'd take the latter -

The fact the Ninja is a beautiful looking bike and the CBR looks like a dogs dinner is also a factor, plus the sportier nature, higher top speed, higher hp of the Ninja etc.

Ah, but all things aren't equal, are they? $$$$$ tongue.png

If Kawasaki actually prices it at Bt.160,000+, then they've missed the boat and deserve the resulting dismal sales figures. And this time it won't be because there was no Honda 250 to gauge price against.

Honda could do well though to take a leaf from Kawasaki's colour schemes. I was not happy they kept the same colours from 2011 into the "2012" (come on Honda, same colours. no updates...it's the same bike!) It's the paint scheme that makes the look, not the shape of fairing.

I think you make some good points Dave. Even though I've owned the Ninja for four years, whenever one blasts past me while I'm driving (I dont see that many even in BKK) I momentarily think ''that looks pretty nice, what is it? Zx10, Ninja 650 or Ninja 250?"

When a CBR250 overtakes me, I think "is that the 150 or the 250, and is that a case of vegetables strapped to the pillion seat or a gas cylinder?"

It obviously wasn't a factor when I bought the bike back in 2008 as the er6f/n, versys, cbr250, monster 795 etc wasn't even on the market then. But if I had the choice of a bike I saw 30 times a day or a bike I saw twice a month, all things being equal I'd take the latter - especially when the aftersales support is so strong with Kawasaki.

I didn't say the NInja was a better bike (just have to make sure my position is well understood). I am a bit ambivalent in regards to the current gen Ninjette styling; it's about the same in my mind as the CBR's as far as positive/negative goes. However I will concede that the next gen is much sharper.

I've seen exactly one Ninjette in all my rides around Thailand that was not part of my group. Obviously I don't do much riding in Bangkok/Chiang Mai, so there's a good chance I've missed a few. I know what you are saying about the CBR 150/250; there's quite a few in Roi Et and I was constantly looking at the frame to know the difference. The fact that the CBR can be reimaged into a work horse is quite appealing to lower income people.

It's actually time for me to upgrade the bike; my heart would love one of the M795 but my 'frugalness' makes the point that the ER-6* would be a better bike. I'm quite disappointed that Honda has never released the 400 cc bike that has been rumoured forever; to be honest that is what I would love to upgrade to. A used CB400 with a suspect book that is a decade old just will not cut it.

haha, strong and superior kawa support or service, huh?biggrin.png

True or not, some people complain as they need to wait weeks for spares or just for some minor spare part changes. They say service is over booked and even some owners need to put some money under the table to get their bikes fixed fast. Of course, i am reflecting others' opinion, i do not own a kawa or never get any bike fixed there.

Yes, Honda mechanics are not that competent but at least, you can change your oil in the middle of nowhere anytime without a wait.

As you know, kawasaki sold a good number of bikes over 4 years but they only opened one more sales/service centre in Bangkok last year.- Motoholics something close to Wong Wien Yai and their sevice area is really small like they emphasize on sales more that servicing -

So, they say, there are now problems on servicing as many bikes but not available space or mechanics or time.

And, do not tell me like cbr250 is every where as i see Ninja250 more that cbr250 on the roads.

On top of that, if you were looking a 250 cc bike and if they were selling cbr250 4 years ago for two thirds of the price of a ninja250, which one were you buying?

Here, as an owner of cbr250, i am not an ego maniac and i am mature enough to say that ninja250 is a better bike than cbr 250 - of course this way as you need to pay 50 - 60 k morebiggrin.png and not regarding city riding -

But, here the comments are mostly emotional therefore subjective. Just because you own a cbr or a ninja, and spend good fun time on it does not mean it is a better bike. What makes a bike better for an individual is its fulfilment of needs, value/performance and if it ticking all the boxes or not.

Both these bikes are the crowns of 250 cc segment and a 250 cc bike is a 250 cc bike at the end. Kawa or Honda, 250 is 250. So, i find it not reasonable to pay 50 - 60 k more for a 250 cc. If you find it reasonable that time, good for you then, i am not judging you guys here bc you own a ninja 250. It is a fun and good bike, yes. But, just not reasonable for me.

One have to know to respect others' opinion man.

All I know is that Kawasaki Nakhon Sawan was excellent in repairing the fuel system issue I had; even had the old parts in the new box and tried to give it to me (<deleted> was I going to do with it?). Would love to see the same level of competence in the Honda dealers. You can also change your oil in the Kawasaki anywhere as long as you're not looking for a filtre change; do all those Honda shops stock CBR filtres (only the 250 has an external one, right)?

Also, let's be brutally honest here. The 250 segment is in the real world a beginner's class. The CBR is quite simply a better beginner's bike than the Ninja as the torque is more available (helps with being in the wrong gear), the ABS is a rather low cost upgrade, and it's quite mild mannered. In Thailand the 250cc class is 'big bike'. The Kawasaki's superior high end gives it more of a rush when boiled. It's not necesssarily faster in the right hands (those who have graduated past a 250cc bike) but sure feels faster. Is this enough to justify the ~+50% price advantage commanded? To boy racers of course. But how quickly will those who purchase it outgrow that? On this board seems like everybody did as soon as alternatives were offered. One rider has kept his because he's a cheap bastard whistling.gif who hasn't found the right bike to splurge on. One has kept it because from his postings it suits his need well enough.

Had the CBR been available when the Ninja first came out there's no way I would be riding Team Green. I do not have enough saddle time to call myself anything but a beginner and as such the CBR would be better for me. The allure of more power is strong however and spending some money on a personal purchase all these years after getting my old CBR 150 (wife bought me the Ninja) sounds really good.

Real curious which colors will be availible in Thailand, I assume one off the lime green ones ( have to see the Special Edition in real life) the basic lime green is real nice ( a bit like the 2008 model)

and mayby the all white one?? it will be a difficult choice.

I guess the remaining "old" models will be hard to sell now the news is out. ( problaly explains why my Kawa delaer didn't have any Ninja 250 in his showroom when i was there a few weeks ago)

Kind of decided to save money for a ER6 but a recent 1200 km trip on my KLX 250 made me realise that a 250 is a perfect bike for Thailand, with a Ninja 250 you got enough "power" to cruise between 110 and 140,it is comfortable, got good fuel economy, and stunning looks.

In Holland i would never consider buying another 250 but here in Thailand a 250 is enough for me .

About the ongoing battle between the CBR 250 and Ninja 250: IMO you can't really compare these bikes, ok there both 250's , but totally different concepts CBR more touring, Ninja more sporty, and not to speak about the difference in price.

A Ninja 250 is far more exclusive then a CBR, and also the fact that all those moneycollectors ( loansharks) drive CBR's is one of the reasons i never would buy one.biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...

Top speed so far, 170kph indicated.

IIRC that's about the same as the 08-12 model, if it's just as optimistic.

Nice! Pretty good sound as well, hope that's the stock exhaust it's got a nice tone to it. 170 sounds about right depending on the size of the rider. The new tach looks good as well, I'm tempted to swap in my 08 model now. The practicality and fun of a 250 Ninja with the looks of a zx10, difficult combination to beat in BKK.

Top speed so far, 170kph indicated.

IIRC that's about the same as the 08-12 model, if it's just as optimistic.

Nice! Pretty good sound as well, hope that's the stock exhaust it's got a nice tone to it. 170 sounds about right depending on the size of the rider. The new tach looks good as well, I'm tempted to swap in my 08 model now. The practicality and fun of a 250 Ninja with the looks of a zx10, difficult combination to beat in BKK.

acceleration to 170kph seems faster than the old Ninja 250, i wonder if the guy in the video was tucked in.