2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

Well I am betting the 250 will beat most bigger bikes on the twisties, As for having a bit more is 150kph not fast enough here!! The CBR is very quick away and will be very quick up to it's top speed, it's fast enough for this country in my opinion.

Well maintained highways where is this then? I drive up to Cha Am quite a lot and the highway is awful, big holes and big stretches of road that would not look out of place in a farmyard!!

Ah the tired old "250 is big enough for Thailand" line... saai.gif

Sure, if cheap economical transportation is your goal, but then why not get a 150?

If you're looking for a little fun and excitement on two wheels you should get out more and not limit yourself to only 250cc- Thailand, despite her many shortcomings, is blessed with some absolutely fantastic sportbike roads.

One of my personal favorites-

Happy Trails!

Tony wai.gif

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I am betting the 250 will beat most bigger bikes on the twisties,

I'm sorry the CBR250 looks like a nice bike but what your saying here is just not reality.

If you were saying a good 4cyl 600RR or R6 does well against bigger bikes in the twisties ok yes.

Been there true

But a single cylinder 250 thumper will beat most bigger bikes in the twisties is just not reality based on

decades of riding from my POV

Yeah the stretch from Phuket to Hua Hin is pretty awful. I lived in Phuket for 2 years and there's a semi decent route to Ranong and a semi decent route to Trang but nothing special IMO. There might be some good roads down south but I've not really seen many.

I'm talking about north of Bangkok, around Khao Yai, Wang Nam Khieo etc. Or further up near Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan etc. is where the good stuff is. You can certainly use a bigger bike up there.

The Ranong coastal highway is fantastic and you can whack it when it's dry, but more often it's wet and slippery; some of the roads connecting the Ranong coast to the east coast are awesome too!

When you were in Phuket did you never go riding in Krabi? Gorgeous roads there.

389629_10151454506415710_508210709_23741799_475138428_n.jpg

Some good stuff down in Yala too!

BetongYala4106Map.jpg

March29YalaMosqueSm.jpg

I just felt that your view of the CBR250R as looking like sportsbike was a bit odd.

Given that the CBR250R was designed as a mini-sports-tourer in the vein of the VFR1200, and performs as such. Excellent useable torque instead of a spikey powerband.

The CBR250R looks like the practical mini-sports-tourer it is IMO, but you think the CBR250R looks like sportsbike. Fair enough as we've all opinions, I found it a bit odd tbh. smile.png

You can not get better value for a bike here than the CBR250, it is quick as <deleted> if you open it up, with out doubt the best bike in Thailand you do not need anything bigger, this bike is fast enough for this country, absolutely love it!!

I'd agree the CBR250 is a good value bike and certainly suitable for the potholed and dangerous roads of Phuket. Once you get onto the well maintained highways and twisties outside of Phuket it's nice to have a bit more than 22hp sometimes.

Well I am betting the 250 will beat most bigger bikes on the twisties, As for having a bit more is 150kph not fast enough here!! The CBR is very quick away and will be very quick up to it's top speed, it's fast enough for this country in my opinion.

Well maintained highways where is this then? I drive up to Cha Am quite a lot and the highway is awful, big holes and big stretches of road that would not look out of place in a farmyard!!

I have the crf 250 and I was struggling to get away from a Toyota vios the other day in fact if we didn't hit a bit of traffic I would not have gotten away at all it was pretty embarrassing really the 250 IMO is great for off road but on road they really are not quick at all and according to a guy on another forum who has crf and cbr 250 he reckons the crf accelerates quicker than the cbr

P.s Tonys picture with his gsxr is the actual road I was racing with the vios as I sad it was embarrassing you cannot just open the throttle and be gone on these 250s if the car puts his foot down he will stay with you and beat you on a clear road

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

Hi Tony yeah I rode to Ranong on that road a number of times as I was crossing to Burma every 3 months at that time. I thought the road was OK, semi decent as I said but not really special like the Mae Hong Song loop or the roads around Nan. I also rode to Krabi but unfortunately it pissed down and I got bitten about 200 times by some critters while scuba diving so the ride home was painful and my view may be tainted somewhat but I remember a nice mountain road which lasted about 30 minutes but not much else really.

Never tried Yala, but the roads in the North are far superior IMO.

You can not get better value for a bike here than the CBR250, it is quick as <deleted> if you open it up, with out doubt the best bike in Thailand you do not need anything bigger, this bike is fast enough for this country, absolutely love it!!

The Honda CBR250R is a fantastic bike IMO, it's no wonder it's a global best seller. :)

I just felt that your view of the CBR250R as looking like sportsbike was a bit odd.

Given that the CBR250R was designed as a mini-sports-tourer in the vein of the VFR1200, and performs as such. Excellent useable torque instead of a spikey powerband.

The CBR250R looks like the practical mini-sports-tourer it is IMO, but you think the CBR250R looks like sportsbike. Fair enough as we've all opinions, I found it a bit odd tbh. smile.png

No problem. You said that the Ninja 250R following the design of the ZX10 was just 'trying too hard to be something that it isn't'. Then you went on to say that the CBR250 follows the design of the VFR1200, but that's fine apparently despite it being absolutely nothing like the VFR1200 in terms of engine size, engine design or overall performance.

You seem confused. The great little CBR250R isn't designed to look like the real thing (a 1200cc beast). It's easy to see the CBR250R is a (beautiful) 250 (or even 150!).

The new little ninjette is obviously trying to look like the real thing - a 600 supersports or 1000 liter bike. Bit embarrassing on a 20 something RWHP 250.

IMO.

I'm sure the posers will like it though. :)

The Honda CBR250R is a fantastic bike IMO, it's no wonder it's a global best seller. :)

Must make it clear it's my opinion that the CBR is awesome, and to a previous poster yes I enjoy this 250 100 per cent more than the 1000cc I had.

No problem. You said that the Ninja 250R following the design of the ZX10 was just 'trying too hard to be something that it isn't'. Then you went on to say that the CBR250 follows the design of the VFR1200, but that's fine apparently despite it being absolutely nothing like the VFR1200 in terms of engine size, engine design or overall performance.

You seem confused. The great little CBR250R isn't designed to look like the real thing (a 1200cc beast). It's easy to see the CBR250R is a (beautiful) 250 (or even 150!).

The new little ninjette is obviously trying to look like the real thing - a 600 supersports or 1000 liter bike. Bit embarrassing on a 20 something RWHP 250.

IMO.

IMO.

Same thing, both bikes are a smaller version of the real thing.

I know it sounds harsh and I'm not trying to be unkind but instead of signing up with multiple usernames (following multiple bans) for the CBR spamming gig have you considered teaching? You'd get a pay rise and it would solve your current visa problems as well. I've got some mates doing it in the Bangkok area and they're enjoying it and doing a really really good job so PM me if you want some details and I can put you in touch with them - let me know...

I know it sounds harsh and I'm not trying to be unkind but instead of signing up with multiple usernames (following multiple bans) for the CBR spamming gig have you considered teaching? You'd get a pay rise and it would solve your current visa problems as well. I've got some mates doing it in the Bangkok area and they're enjoying it and doing a really really good job so PM me if you want some details and I can put you in touch with them - let me know...

LOL, some superbike posers are seriously offtopic in this thread. Jonny, still the same CBR paranoia? Simply the better bike. Its a fact biggrin.png

What is jonny on about? blink.png

Perhaps a Honda CBR250R has past him on the twisties one time too many.

I suggest him upgrading to a Honda CBR250R asap, and enjoy what is going to be the best selling motorcycle globally (it's that good), the Honda CBR250R. smile.png

Edited by siampreggers

JonnyF and siampreggers, don't we already have a thread dedicated to the CBR/Ninja pissing match? I like beating people over the head with empirical evidence to attempt to make them see the truth (looking at you Jonny), but to pollute a thread with things that have been rehashed time and again (looking at you siampreggers) is more than a bit silly.

As stated earlier, I don't give two rat's whiskers about the Ninja's new look any more than their old graphics or Honda's meh styling. Has anyone found any information on gearing yet so I can get a read on actual performance improvements?

Jonny, still the same CBR paranoia?

Honda CBR250R paranoia?

It seems his paranoia goes well past only being related to the Honda CBR250R. :D

Paranoia? Interesting that you raised that, I wondered why you were posting so much in the 2013 Ninja thread defending the CBR250. You see me in the Cbr250 thread? Then again I have a job here so maybe not so much time on my hands.

If I was living here on a fake educational visa and spamming on Thaivisa all day I might get paranoid. Having a Ninja 250R as a city runaround? Not so much...

Has anyone found any information on gearing yet so I can get a read on actual performance improvements?

Haven't searched as not that interested.

Have you tried the Indonesian boards? I'm sure there's a good bit of info from those who've been riding them.

Check it out and get back to us.

If I was living here on a fake educational visa and spamming on Thaivisa all day I might get paranoid.

What on Earth are you talking about, my paranoid stalking friend. huh.pngsmile.png

That's the last three posts of yours in this thread that are entirely dedicated to me and my personal life.

More than a little creepy, especially seeing as I've only 190 posts on this board. mellow.png Perhaps if you bought a Honda CBR250R you'd spend more time riding and less time stalking people. smile.png

Edited by siampreggers

Has anyone found any information on gearing yet so I can get a read on actual performance improvements?

Have you tried the Indonesian boards? I'm sure there's a good bit of info from those who've been riding them.

Just taking a look around now actually, nothing on gearing, but a few comments from Indo.

Hi, I am living in Indonesia and bought a ninja 250 se 2012 a few months ago. The 2013 model with FI (non abs) has been released here already. The se with abs will arrive in October.

When i first learnt of its introduction I immediately thought of selling my new bike and buying the 2013 model. I drove down to the kawasaki dealer and luckily they had a black and a white 2013 model out back. It looks just as good in real life as it does in the pictures. The white one is stunning. From a distance it looks great! However new instrument cluster, styling and fuel injection doesn't come cheap. It is priced about 2 million rupiah more than the 2012 model (about £160). Not much added cost. Instead of adding the cost of these upgrades on to the price, kawasaki have cut corners on build quality. It's full of plastic. Luckily it's got less power than the 2012 model so when you nail it hopefully the plastic won't fall off. A real shame, because i wanted the white model.

yes, in a nut shell, it's built like a piece of shit. It has the supersport looks rather than the sport bike look of the 2008 - 2012. A big plus!

Yes the new ninja here has FI with improved low and mid-range torque, a nice little rear hugger, digital dash, wider rear rim, better-looking rear fender and looks very good from a distance. However, all of this comes at a price. Not a marked increase in RRP, but a decrease in build quality. There is no sidestand engine cut-off feature, The plastic is of a poorer quality than the previous model, the side fairings are constructed in about three pieces (follow the front arch down to the bottom on a new 2013 ninja and notice each side fairing is joined by a shoddy piece of plastic). The rear of these fairings, toward the tailpipe, is also unpainted plastic and flimsy as hell.

Perhaps you will consider build quality a smaller issue tham FI or supersport looks. For me, the build quality was the only reason I didn't put my name on the waiting list. If kawi improve build quality in the coming years, i will consider buying one.

The point is; if you are thinking of buying one, take a look for yourself. A picture on the internet nearly persuaded and fooled me into buying one. When you have seen it in the flesh, your decision may be easier!

JonnyF and siampreggers, don't we already have a thread dedicated to the CBR/Ninja pissing match? I like beating people over the head with empirical evidence to attempt to make them see the truth (looking at you Jonny), but to pollute a thread with things that have been rehashed time and again (looking at you siampreggers) is more than a bit silly.

As stated earlier, I don't give two rat's whiskers about the Ninja's new look any more than their old graphics or Honda's meh styling. Has anyone found any information on gearing yet so I can get a read on actual performance improvements?

don't know how reliable this info is, as haven't seen it on a brochure or an official site

Total Transmission : 6 - Speed

Teeth Into Ratio-1 : 1 2,600 (39/15)

Teeth Into Ratio-2 : 1789 (34/19)

Teeth Into Ratio-3 : 1409 (31/22)

Teeth Into Ratio-4 : 1160 (29/25)

Teeth to-5 ratio : 1.000 (27/27)

Teeth Into Ratio-6 : 0893 (25/28)

Final Reduction Ratio : 3214 (45/14)

Final Drive System Type: Chain Drive

Overall drive ratio : 8859 @ TopGear

don't know how reliable this info is, as haven't seen it on a brochure or an official site

Total Transmission : 6 - Speed

Teeth Into Ratio-1 : 1 2,600 (39/15)

Teeth Into Ratio-2 : 1789 (34/19)

Teeth Into Ratio-3 : 1409 (31/22)

Teeth Into Ratio-4 : 1160 (29/25)

Teeth to-5 ratio : 1.000 (27/27)

Teeth Into Ratio-6 : 0893 (25/28)

Final Reduction Ratio : 3214 (45/14)

Final Drive System Type: Chain Drive

Overall drive ratio : 8859 @ TopGear

Thanks taichiplanet. It appears to be EXACTLY the same as the carb'd version (FI has 43/14 final). Meaning that it should bang through the gears much more quickly than the current FI version and as I thought definitely give the CBR a run for its money in the in city riding.

Is there anything to suggest that Thailand will be given the Ninja 250 instead of the Ninja 300 like the UK, Europe, Australia, Canada, and reportedly the US?

Do you have any references for any countries other than the States that are going to receive the 300? I agree that the 50cc increase (and host of other differences which will add quite a bit of cost comparatively) makes it seem odd that there would be another production line opened up; but with the current Asian taxing favouring 250cc or less bikes perhaps that has everything to do with it?

If I was living here on a fake educational visa and spamming on Thaivisa all day I might get paranoid.

What on Earth are you talking about, my paranoid stalking friend. huh.pngsmile.png

That's the last three posts of yours in this thread that are entirely dedicated to me and my personal life.

More than a little creepy, especially seeing as I've only 190 posts on this board. mellow.png Perhaps if you bought a Honda CBR250R you'd spend more time riding and less time stalking people. smile.png

Stalking? Nah you're not really my type. Stumbled across you on another thread unfortunately...

Back to the Ninja, anyone know if my Area P full system from the previous generation (08) would fit the new one? I guess the can would be Ok with a bit of tweaking but the headers probably wouldn't fit? Looks like the headers on the new bike are routed slightly different to the previous generation...

The CBR250 which he constantly plugs is a sensible, fuel efficient, easy to ride commuter bike that looks like a sportsbike.

I think you're confusing me with someone. smile.png

You think it looks like a sportsbike?... I think it looks like a mini-sports tourer. I'm pretty sure it was designed to look like a mini-sports tourer too. (VFR1200)

cbr-250r-2013-03.jpg

2012-Honda-CBR1000RR-RedABS-Models3.jpg

Yep, no similarities there rolleyes.gif

Move along, nothing to see here...

The CBR250 which he constantly plugs is a sensible, fuel efficient, easy to ride commuter bike that looks like a sportsbike.

I think you're confusing me with someone. smile.png

You think it looks like a sportsbike?... I think it looks like a mini-sports tourer. I'm pretty sure it was designed to look like a mini-sports tourer too. (VFR1200)

cbr-250r-2013-03.jpg

2012-Honda-CBR1000RR-RedABS-Models3.jpg

Yep, no similarities there rolleyes.gif

Move along, nothing to see here...

Well the gas tank looks similar.

What two gorgeous looking bikes though.

It's fantastic that the sheer beauty of the Honda CBR250R transcends threads.

Thanks for the two pics. Two examples of bike porn. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anything to suggest that Thailand will be given the Ninja 250 instead of the Ninja 300 like the UK, Europe, Australia, Canada, and reportedly the US?

Dealer says the 300 is made in Thailand for export only as of right now. So, no, to the contrary.