How To Tell A Thai Girl She Is A Bad Singer?

WebBangkok

lol

Nah she is a sweet girl. One of the nicest people I know, I am not the only one who agrees her singing is bad.

I mean its not bad, its totally just wrong. She does a lot of videos of her singing, I think about 15 or 20. You can see he thinks she is a good singer.

I might just leave it, but maybe she is just having fun and she likes doing it. She still better than me which isnt hard.

So why enter a post that puts her down ?

Does it make you feel superior, wiil it make a bunch of Farangs say that ALL Thai people can't sing ?

Edited by MrsMills

99% of all Thais sing off key, including most of the pop "stars". I am surprised when I hear a Thai sing in tune.

The only people in Thailand who can sing are the Filipinos.

Sadly I think that even the Thais would admit that. Most hotels have a flipper singer in their bar

lol

Nah she is a sweet girl. One of the nicest people I know, I am not the only one who agrees her singing is bad.

I mean its not bad, its totally just wrong. She does a lot of videos of her singing, I think about 15 or 20. You can see he thinks she is a good singer.

I might just leave it, but maybe she is just having fun and she likes doing it. She still better than me which isnt hard.

Does it make you feel superior, wiil it make a bunch of Farangs say that ALL Thai people can't sing ?

Post the link to her you tube song if it's allowed ...then we can all be Simon Cowells n judge, a laugh not!

Why would you tell her?

What makes someone else the judge of good and bad? Why do people think they are doing someone a favour by being critical of their behaviour?

If she is happy singing then all power to her I say.

I have a terrible voice, but I don't mind lighting up a few tunes.laugh.png It makes me happy

I'm with Bookman. Why do you care how bad she sings unless you were married to her and subjected to her voice 24/7?

If she is happy and having fun, why mess with that?

You need to step back and check yourself.

One practical solution - buy her a copy of one of those singing games for the Playstation/Xbox that come with a microphone and measures how close your singing is to the actual notes.

I did this for a friend of mine who enjoyed singing (badly) - it was intended as a rather sly practical joke - but months later I saw her playing the game, and her singing had improved beyond recognition.

The computer presented her with irrefutable evidence of her lack of tonal skills - and since you can't lose face to a computer, she enjoyed the feedback and got much better. Plus, Thais love gifts!

• Like 1

"So, how do I tell her she is a bad singer without hurting her feelings?"

The same way you would criticize anyone who puts more emphasis on preserving face than life, and who menstruates on a regular basis to boot: with extreme caution!!

I think actions speak louder than words, next time she start to warble off on one just tear a couple of strips of tissue and slowly, (all the time smiling and tapping along to the song) proceed to fix in your ears……….She’ll get your drift and you won’t have to say a thing.

I don't understand why you feel it's your business to tell her anything. You don't like it why go to her facebook page and listen to it. Just doesn't make good sense.

Probably because she's hot.

Frankly I'd tell a hot lass her poo don't stink if I felt I had the chance of a smooch....

lol

Im one of the guys who thinks Thai's on average sing well. They got the tones because of the language.

I would like to tell her because lots of her friends on facebook are probably thinking <deleted>? So I am trying to help her.

I was in Krabi a long time ago and became friendly with a girl selling bus tickets on a counter at the front of the guesthouse.She invited me to hear her sing at a local coffee shop, so I went along.

She was terrible, truly dreadful,couldn't reach or hit the right notes at all! But she looked nice with a pretty face and an attractive dress.

After what seemed like a very long 20 minutes, she came back to the table and asked me what I thought.

At that time Sunaree Ratchasima was very popular and one of her songs she had tackled,' Faen chan mai tong lor' has some high notes to reach. So I copped out by saying she looked good and obviously enjoyed herself, but tackling Sunaree's songs was indeed a challenge.

Praise with caution seemed the most tactful way to go!

Incidentally I saw Sunaree on Thai PBS recently, she sang many of her old hits, but to my disconsolation, she couldn't reach the high notes anymore.She used to have such a wonderful voice for singing, though strangely her voice in conversation always sounded a little rough!