Repair Shop/store

khunbigjohn

Hello,

It was suggested by hughden to add my topic from Bangkok and move it here. Perhaps I can get a few more hits. I have a Nikon N70 (asian model F70?) that's not working. I get a "F EE" error message in the viewfinder and LCD control panel when set in the P mode. I think someone dropped it...S**T! Can someone recommend a camera shop that can repair it and possibly, an estimated cost. I'm in the Bangkok area.

Thanks,

khuhbigjohn....Jambalaya.

There seems to be alot of shops around victory monument. I've use two there and both were very reasonably priced. Sorry I can't tell you anything more specific as I can't read the sticker until I finish this roll and open up the camera :o

In any case the market seems pretty competitive there so it may be a good place to shop around for service.

cv

The F EE message uaually refers to the auto mode being knocked off its preferred position.

Check the lens is on f22 or highest number. Make sure the shutter is on auto. I think the F/N70 also has the apetuer set on the the "control panel", check the mode too. It has been a few years since I handled one, I remember it as one of the least intuitive camera I have ever used. (or was that the F/N60?)

Check all the setting are in the correct place first. If this does not fix the problem, then look for a repiar shop.

Good repair shops do exist, but I am sorry I do not know where in Bangkok.

I had a repair done through my local shop in Sri Racha, and I know they sent it to Bangkok.

Try asking at a good dealer like Fotofile

on the ground floor of Maboonkrong. I am sure they will know or will arrange the repair for you.

My Canon 70-210 lens was growing mould on the inner elements.

I had it cleaned. It took a month, but they did a superb job, for only 1700 baht.

The other alternative is to check if there is Nikon Service Centre in Bangkok.

The other alternative is to check if there is Nikon Service Centre in Bangkok.

Nikon distirbutor/importer webiste here.

http://www.niksthailand.co.th/

I had it cleaned. It took a month, but they did a superb job, for only 1700 baht.

Did you get this done through Fotofile or from your local retailer in Sri Racha? Do you know if the job was done at Canon service center on Sathorn? 1,700 Baht for that job is very cheap...

Did you get this done through Fotofile or from your local retailer in Sri Racha? Do you know if the job was done at Canon service center on Sathorn? 1,700 Baht for that job is very cheap...

I had the lens cleaned through the shop in Sri Racha.

I doubt it was done by Canon, just a skilled Thai workman. ( I know, that sounds like an oxymoron)

Nowadays we have a Canon Service Centre in TukCom in Sri Racha but they are not

always very helpful. I have an old Canon flash and the lugs on the hotshoe are broken.

Canon does not have spares any longer. :o

always very helpful. I have an old Canon flash and the lugs on the hotshoe are broken.

Canon does not keep stock of spares for models more than 4 or 5 years old. This is a challenge worldwide.

In some cases, it is cheaper to buy a new flash rather than get it fixed, depends on the model. The better the model the more worth while to get fixed. Hot shoes are the death of many a good flash.

Canon does not keep stock of spares for models more than 4 or 5 years old. This is a challenge worldwide.

In some cases, it is cheaper to buy a new flash rather than get it fixed, depends on the model. The better the model the more worth while to get fixed. Hot shoes are the death of many a good flash.

I may have to see if I can pick up a damaged unit, but with hotshoe, from eBay.