England 2014 World Cup

SantiSuk

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good goal by Rooney and a good cross by Baines. My worry is Wellbeck. Is that the best we have in the country? He either trips over the ball or his first touch is too hard.

An entertaining England match for a change, Townsend picking up where he left off.

I hope Wellbeck carries this form in to the league wink.png

Thought you'd be off to Mecca this week biggrin.png

Good goal by Rooney and a good cross by Baines. My worry is Wellbeck. Is that the best we have in the country? He either trips over the ball or his first touch is too hard.

An entertaining England match for a change, Townsend picking up where he left off.

I hope Wellbeck carries this form in to the league wink.png

Thought you'd be off to Mecca this week biggrin.png

Isn't Mecca a Bingo Hall chain tongue.png

• Like 1

Job done and some great performances (except Wellbeck). Well selected Roy!

Lewandowski at Christmas please Arsene! He reportedly wants into the EPL.

he's going to bayern munich next summer. it's the worst kept secret in football.

Job done and some great performances (except Wellbeck). Well selected Roy!

Lewandowski at Christmas please Arsene! He reportedly wants into the EPL.

he's going to bayern munich next summer. it's the worst kept secret in football.

Actually they say at Christmas. Never say never about anyone (since all secrets are usually just self-reinforcing journo speculation!)

Thank <deleted> it is all over and we won't be having anymore breaks and can get back down to the United are now shit posts again and Moyes is crap,City are far to inconsistent and will win nowt without Vincent,Arsenal are the new Barcelona,Chelsea are still the Russians toy but the old puppet Jose is now a mere normal one,Liverpool are brilliant again with the best two forwards in the world ever..perch is bigger now though!

And finally Spurs are still Spurs like a wet fart at a anal torch lighting contest.

• Like 2

Thank <deleted> it is all over and we won't be having anymore breaks and can get back down to the United are now shit posts again and Moyes is crap,City are far to inconsistent and will win nowt without Vincent,Arsenal are the new Barcelona,Chelsea are still the Russians toy but the old puppet Jose is now a mere normal one,Liverpool are brilliant again with the best two forwards in the world ever..perch is bigger now though!

And finally Spurs are still Spurs like a wet fart at a anal torch lighting contest.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Nothing to argue with there Red.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well done England. I had real doubts about us qualifying let alone winning the group. The team seems to have come on great strides. I wonder though, will it be the same old story of crocked best players, the rest more in need of a long spa holiday than a month of pressure cooker competition, misplaced passes, tired limbs in searing heat, and tin soldier line ups?

Like most I just want to see us give it a good crack playing as we play best, as we see in the most exciting league in the world, as we saw against Montenegro and Poland. I don't feel inclined to run a very good team down, just because a few cranks get insanely optimistic and start discussing if we are going to beat Brazil 4 or 5-1 in the final. What price 15 fit players, up for the job!

Re Monkeygate: as far as I can see the only crime here is being a bad comedian, hardly a side-splitter. Maybe you had to have been there.

I see players like Welbeck, Milner and Carrick being criticised again and again. Granted Welbeck does look like a sprawling rag doll at times in the penalty area, but he keeps ball, and he made a number of timely interceptions deep in his own half, held possession, and passed, invaluable. Milner and carrick no case to answer in my opinion. Remember these 3 players are told what to do by the manager, they are often on for tactical reasons, frequently to the detriment of their natural game. You can't go out there freestyle, we can't play Hart, Rooney, Gerrard and 8 exciting wingers.

I'm afraid Terry has cooked his own goose. In truth England need him, or Jones to get his act together, as it is our defensive fraility that will be our undoing in Brazil.

Playing Chile and Germany mid-November facepalm.gif

In Prime Minister's question time,Cameron congratulated the England team on reaching the World Cup Finals. He must have been REALLY impressed by Rooney's input because he's drafted him into his Cabinet as Energy Minister.

Edited by oldgit

• 1 month later...

A difficult World Cup draw for England. and an opening game in Manaus where the humidity will be savage. Not good news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2519496/WORLD-CUP-2014-DRAW-England-face-Italy-Uruguay-Costa-Rica-Group-D.html

Bad draw thats England on the early plane home.

Unfortunately you may well be right. Not a nice draw for England, and yes, the humidity will be awful

England should (I hope) survive this group.

Is there other easier groups England could be in?

Maybe if they could choose their opponents.

lol

I guess the fact that England wanted to only have the weakest nations in the group proofs England has no confidence at all.

Most of the national teams there can beat anyone on a good day, and one of the so called top teams in England's group came 5th and had to qualify for the spot (beat Jordan).

• 1 month later...

World Cup football matches will not now all be 'free-to-air'.

I cannot link the press article as it's not a 'Nation' one.

Nothing is said about who will now likely air them or whether some will still be free (presumably yes), just that an Administrative Court judge has ruled that the previous decision to force RS International Broadcasting and Sport Management to give its asset away was wrong. They bought their rights before the National Broadcasting body came out with its ruling about 'popular things which everyone should be able to watch being free' (I paraphrase).

The judge's ruling now has to be ratified by some court, but the article says the ruling is unlikely to be overturned.

• 1 month later...