Mitt Romney Chooses Paul Ryan As Election Running Mate

george

Big deal - typical Huffington Post slander. The investments were made through the Romney Family Trust. Romney didn't even know what investments were inside the trust.

A blind trust is a trust in which the fiduciaries, namely the trustees or those who have been given power of attorney, have full discretion over the assets, and the trust beneficiaries have no knowledge of the holdings of the trust and no right to intervene in their handling. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Blind_trust

Oooh, well if the Huffington Post have slandered Romney I guess they will face a class action...but....i don't think so eh! As for Romney not knowing where his money was invested cheesy.gifcheesy.gif please don't tell me you buy in to that !!

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big deal - typical Huffington Post slander. The investments were made through the Romney Family Trust. Romney didn't even know what investments were inside the trust.

A blind trust is a trust in which the fiduciaries, namely the trustees or those who have been given power of attorney, have full discretion over the assets, and the trust beneficiaries have no knowledge of the holdings of the trust and no right to intervene in their handling. http://en.wikipedia....iki/Blind_trust

Oooh, well if the Huffington Post have slandered Romney I guess they will face a class action...but....i don't think so eh! As for Romney not knowing where his money was invested cheesy.gifcheesy.gif please don't tell me you buy in to that !!

These blind trusts are famously used by all wealthy candidates when they get ready to run for office, for obvious reasons. Generally, for most people, they are administered without the settlor (Romney in this case) having a hand in it. But, there are ways to set up a blind trust so that the settlor can have a sympathetic or "friendly" trustee running the trust. I suspect someone of Romney's intelligence, connections, and legal training would do so. I would. AND, most importantly, remember that Romney is the successful private equity maven, and I know from deep personal experience with these guys, that the single most important element to them in handling money is CONTROL.

So, I suspect this blind trust is not as innocent as is claimed, but at the same time, not nefarious. Romney probably has some indirect influence over it, as anyone with his level of training and expertise would.