Thai Senator Kills Cousin In Hotel Gun Accident

webfact

Why would anyone need a loaded uzi on the table at dinner? Was the food really that bad? RIP the unfortunate victim.

Why would anyone need an Uzi for personal usage? As others noted it is a weapon with limited tactical uses, but it is a decent if somewhat outdated (nearly 60 year old design) weapon for those uses. That is probably why the Thai military has been either selling them off or giving them out as favors to political numbskulls. And the Uzi does have a history of accidental misfires. The best known incident being the accidental discharge of a US Secret Service agent's weapon inside an airplane carrying Henry the K.

A Thai senator accidentally shot his cousin dead as he tried to put away the 9mm sub-machine gun that he had placed on the table during a family meal, police said Monday.

He accidentally shot as he tried to put away a gun he had placed on the dinber table...... cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"will be charged with causing death by negligence. He faces a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000 baht ($636) fine."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

" family will not sue because they were relatives and it was an accident -- he did not mean to do it," cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It gets funnier and funnier. clap2.gif

Top Gun!

-mel.

Yeah I'm sure the other family members would have a good laugh with you!

R.I.P. the deceased, even if we don't know yet if you were his wife or cousin. (Amazing reporting btw, wish I could read Thai.)

Edited by longtom

A Thai senator accidentally shot his cousin dead as he tried to put away the 9mm sub-machine gun that he had placed on the table during a family meal, police said Monday.

He accidentally shot as he tried to put away a gun he had placed on the dinber table...... cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"will be charged with causing death by negligence. He faces a maximum of 10 years imprisonment and a 20,000 baht ($636) fine."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

" family will not sue because they were relatives and it was an accident -- he did not mean to do it," cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Top Gun!

-mel.

R.I.P. the deceased, even if we don't know yet if you were his wife or cousin. (Amazing reporting btw, wish I could read Thai.)

You genuinely think this was some tragic accident. I am sure there are some extremely nervous family members who are joining in with canned laughter about every joke this so called "senator" makes. It sounds a little bit like the scene from Goodfellas to be honest.

• Like 2

The tragic part, besides this moron shooting a family member, is that there will be NO real legal consequences.

Jesus f........ krist

Its because of <deleted> like this the country is held back. Having to respect so-called poo yais like this.

Revolting people.

Exactly. This is the absolute nub of the problem. A system that cannot see right from wrong.

UZI, semi-automatic (sub)machine gun, safety, fingerguard, easily ejected magazine for 32 cartridges.

I had one while in the army 32 years ago, but never ever a loaded one at the family dinner table. That would have been a court-martial offence

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Top Gun!

-mel.

You genuinely think this was some tragic accident. I am sure there are some extremely nervous family members who are joining in with canned laughter about every joke this so called "senator" makes. It sounds a little bit like the scene from Goodfellas to be honest.

Where did I say it's an accident? Just thought some respect for exactly these 'extremely nervous family members', who must go through a horrible time, would be appropriate.

I wonder if the above conflicting reports mean this guy was formerly married to his "cousin"???? tongue.png

Meanwhile, interesting to note that the news articles in English make absolutely no mention of what political party this guy belongs to....

The whole episode reads like something from a storyline in the "Sopranos" TV series about mobsters....

But I have little doubt, this guy will never serve a day in jail for killing whomever he has killed. Such is the course of 'justice" in Thailand, as sad and pathetic as it may be.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Top Gun!

-mel.

More like the Godfather Movies to me ///

Why would anyone need an Uzi for personal usage? As others noted it is a weapon with limited tactical uses, but it is a decent if somewhat outdated (nearly 60 year old design) weapon for those uses. That is probably why the Thai military has been either selling them off or giving them out as favors to political numbskulls. And the Uzi does have a history of accidental misfires. The best known incident being the accidental discharge of a US Secret Service agent's weapon inside an airplane carrying Henry the K.

The secret service protected Henry the VIII ?

• Like 1

Accident?

This morxx carried out 5 steps to make sure that this gun would go off in the right direction.

1. Push in a loaded magazine

2. Press the grip safety and pull back the lever to cock the wapon. Note that the grip safety requires a decent amount of pressure. The lever is blocked in the forward position if you don't unlock the grip safety

3. Next push the safety catch forward to single fire or full auto.

4. Press the grip safety again and pull the trigger to fire one ore more shots.

So at one point during the dinner this morxx picks up the loaded and cocked UZI by the grip, depresses the grip safety, slides forward the safety catch (unless it was already in a forward position), points the barrel at his cousin, squeezes the trigger, and has the chuzpah to call this an accident.

That the RTP is only too eager to believe this fairy tale speaks volumes.

I shot countless times with an UZI during my 36 years in the military, this "Senator" can't fool me.

edit: terms

Edited by MikeOboe57
  • Like 2

To discharge an Uzi a round has to be chambered, firing pin cocked and safety off.

No accident here.

... AND a fair amount of pressure placed on the grip safety as well.

Really more negligence, assuming it was not intentional, than an accident.

Scenario: Weapon left loaded, chambered, thumb safety (on left side of grip) in the off position. To "put it away", shooter is picking it up in a shooting position, hand over grip, squeezing grip safety and then manages to somehow put finger over the trigger and accidentally pull the trigger.

At least five steps, depending on how you count it where, if properly handled, the firearm would not have discharged.

note: coma's photo is of a mini-uzi. ratcatcher's photo is of an uzi.

It actually brings to mind how many dummies think it's funny to remove a magazine and point and "scare" someone pulling a trigger. Once in a while, someone forgets that a round is chambered. Nearly all deaths labeled "accident while cleaning weapon" really aren't, I suspect. Same for those people who claim "It just went off" after an accident(/negligent act).

• Like 1

Why would anyone need a loaded uzi on the table at dinner? Was the food really that bad? RIP the unfortunate victim.

You know what they say, small dick big toys.cheesy.gif
  • Like 1

Senator charged over wife's shooting

THE NATION

30188229-01_big.JPG

MAE HONG SON: -- A Mae Hong Son senator is facing charges of manslaughter following the accidental shooting of his wife.

The fatal accident took place in front of her relatives during a family dinner for Mother's Day on Sunday at a resort in Phrae.

Mae Hong Son Senator Boonsong Kowawisarach, 56, was removing ammunition from his gun when it suddenly discharged, shooting his 46-year-old wife Chanakarn Dedkhad in the abdomen.

She died on her way to hospital.

Wang Chin Police Station received the report on the shooting at 10pm on Sunday.

Police will submit a letter to the Senate president for permission to prosecute Boonsong, who is now protected by parliamentary immunity.

"At this point, he is charged with reckless action causing the death of another person," Phrae police chief Maj General Wisut Wongkham said.

Chanakarn's relatives said they have no intention of taking legal action against Boonsong because they believe it was an accident.

An informed source said Boonsong was partially paralysed and his condition could be a reason for the accident.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-14