Thai Senator Kills Cousin In Hotel Gun Accident

webfact

Standart dinner situation, nothing to write about cheesy.gif

Why the hell carrie a shit gun like a Uzi around? It's as effective as a knife, you can't hit shit with, it unless you stand 2meters from the target, because of the short barrel and high rate of fire...well or of cause, if you fire it, while having dinner with people, you can hit them biggrin.png

have you ever fired a UZI?

up to 25 meters that thing is quite accurate

with little recoil.

So, he was aiming then?

In a tightly packed restaurant you don't have to aim to hit somebody. All you have to do is load the pistol (it was apparently not an UZI), chamber a round, flick the safety catch to F, pull back the cock, and all it takes after that is a clumsy attempt to pick it up from the table.

I think the scariest part of this travesty is that these goons are making the laws in Thailand. Has anyone really thought of that? I write the law, yet I am above the law. Nobody can touch me. An accident?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

It is feared to have set a precedent for politicians in the future too.

Edited by cowslip

I think the scariest part of this travesty is that these goons are making the laws in Thailand. Has anyone really thought of that? I write the law, yet I am above the law. Nobody can touch me. An accident?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

It is feared to have set a precedent for politicians in the future too.

For politicians, this guy is a deviant. Should have shot himself in the foot as per their norm. :(

In the USA it is a big deal if a government official uses a politically incorrect phrase like "They are going to put you back in chains" alluding to slavery.

But in Thailand you can be an MP and murder someone by accident with an Uzi and it's a personal matter. It's events like this that make me believe I am making the right choice to not raise my daughter in Thailand. Crazy society.

• Like 1

Uzi 9mm sub machine gun an accident just waiting to happen I keep telling my wife when we are having dinner with her family to put her Uzi 9mm sub machine gun back in her handbag and not leave it laying about on the table

So do we all take it then that he was fed up with his ex wife hanging around, got the family round and told them he is going to snuff her, got the gun out, killed her, and then everyone backs his claim that not only was he stupid enough to have it in the first place, he also kept it loaded, kept the safety off, got it out to show everyone, and accidentally put his finger on the trigger and then got nudged by the waiter bringing him his sticky rice. Thai Divorce.

So do we all take it then that he was fed up with his ex wife hanging around, got the family round and told them he is going to snuff her, got the gun out, killed her, and then everyone backs his claim that not only was he stupid enough to have it in the first place, he also kept it loaded, kept the safety off, got it out to show everyone, and accidentally put his finger on the trigger and then got nudged by the waiter bringing him his sticky rice. Thai Divorce.

Apparently the family don't want him charged as it was an 'accident' but surely there is a law somewhere in Thailand that says it's illegal to carry a loaded sub machine into a public restaurant and start brandishing it about. At least I hope so!

• 3 weeks later...

Far more likely he was drunk and felt slighted. It would fit the mould for Thai males with senior power-based positions ( political, police, army, civil service). Many get pie-eyed every night. Domestic violence is very common here. Thai politicians routinely carry guns or have their 'drivers' carry.

Also being a senator from Mae Hong Son, he will have had to nail his colours to one side or the other in the Karen schism, so he would definitely be armed at all times.

This in no way excuses his shooting of his wife.

• 5 months later...

Apparently the family don't want him charged as it was an 'accident' but surely there is a law somewhere in Thailand that says it's illegal to carry a loaded sub machine into a public restaurant and start brandishing it about. At least I hope so!

Nope. Nope not at all, perfectly normal here.

• 9 years later...