Are Thai Kids Well Behaved?

theblether

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are either spoiled senseless or being beaten with sticks from my observation. The outcome is the same...yes....well behaved.

Reminds me of when my stepdaughter first came to the UK aged 8 and came to a large family gathering, a christening and garden party. As we drove home I mentioned to the wife how many people had remarked upon how polite and well mannered her daughter was. The wife replied, " of course she was, if not I kick her ! " smile.png

• Like 2

If you here a screaming child in Hua Hin tomorrow at breakfast, then please forgive the interuption, my 2 year old is just expressing himself in hismsual vocal way.

Come on guy lighten up, there children not puppies. Give them the freedom you wished you had as a child. Afterall, they will be working into their 90s to provide you with a pension while you live well beyond your years in LOS.

• Like 1

Oh please spare me, thai children are some of the most undisciplined children I know of, the parents are children just like them, they have no parenting skills and have never been taught any. Most are taken to grandma and dumped off for most of their lives with no education or moral support. Again bs answers from people that dont live here.

Well off and on I've spent more than 24 years living in LOS, including several years as a child myself. You might disagree with some posts but to accuse everyone who has a contrary view to your own of bs posts and not living there strikes me as somewhat presumptuous and ill mannered. smile.png Err what was the subject again ?

My friends brothers kid is a nightmare. He watches all them silly dragon ball and fighting cartoons and has never been told its not acceptable to hit people and jump around the room like a ninja. The exact same behavior is displayed by the kid at the local steak shop i eat at. Except this kid does all the fancy moves and whacks his grand mother.. so many times ive wanted to say hay what the hell's wrong with you people..?

Then there's my neighbor kid who thinks its acceptable to yell out at the top of her lungs for her nanny any hour of the time.. My siblings tried that and got told off straight away. Since telling off the neighbors kid that's it not acceptable to yell out to people in our house, she no longer does it.

Really depends on the parents at the end of the day.

All comes down to balance.

Compared to the some of the loutish, hoodie, council house, out of control feral kids that hung about the area, which I had to contend with in England, I now perceive that even the worst behaved Thai children are better brought up than the best behaved children in the UK.

Whenever we have any topic, it is always the guys from the UK who are the first to say how terrible it is in the UK compared to Thailand. I must see people talking negatively about the UK at like a 10:1 ratio versus other Western countries although the UK probably has the most TV user members. Just an observation.

Does Thai kids behave in a western manner? No, because the are raised in another culture with other values!

Apart from that most of the Thai kids show respect and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

• Like 1

Oh please spare me, thai children are some of the most undisciplined children I know of, the parents are children just like them, they have no parenting skills and have never been taught any. Most are taken to grandma and dumped off for most of their lives with no education or moral support. Again bs answers from people that dont live here.

I wholeheartedly concur - terribly undisciplined children here, parents adopt too much of the Mai pen rai attitude, they laugh when a kid breaks something or pokes a dog in the eye, i guess you can only expect the cycle to continue.!!:(

• Like 2

Well, I have two kids, one has always been super well behaved almost from day 1, the other the complete opposite, also from day 1. (He does however have other strengths that the first one has less of, specifically creativity and endless physical energy, to the point where he seems to try and kill himself at least once a day.)

I think it depends on the kid first, parents second, and not at all on the ethnicity. With the first kid we just thought that all other parents of more bratty kids were idiots. Now after the second one, we feel different. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Well, I have two kids, one has always been super well behaved almost from day 1, the other the complete opposite, also from day 1. (He does however have other strengths that the first one has less of, specifically creativity and endless physical energy, to the point where he seems to try and kill himself at least once a day.)

I think it depends on the kid first, parents second, and not at all on the ethnicity.

Real real good point me and my brother were raised the same but really did not turn out the same in our behavior. He was always the bad boy and i was the one who was behaved.

Compared to the some of the loutish, hoodie, council house, out of control feral kids that hung about the area, which I had to contend with in England, I now perceive that even the worst behaved Thai children are better brought up than the best behaved children in the UK.

Notice the difference between the photsos?

The Thai kids are 8-11 years of age. The western kids are 14-16 years of age.

Not a fair comparison.

Yes some western kids can be porrly behaved, but overall, they are certainly more considerate and polite than their adult contemporaries.

At the local minimart, it is the European kids that hold the door open and that say thank you to the clerks. The local Thai kids do neither.

I don't like children. The make noise and get underfoot. However, I have found Thai children to be polite with me.

Kids well behaved if brought up the right way. Its down to the parents. Generally speaking thats a favourable reflection on thailand. i have also noticed kids here have a respect for their elders.

My last visit to England was nearly five years ago. The kids were generally rude, lacking in any respect towards anyone and did/behaved however they pleased. Quite shocking to see and a huge deterioration from when i originally left nearly nine years ago.

and before any flaming starts from bored keyboard warriors i mean no disrespect to the UK, just saying it as i saw it and i found no pleasure in what i saw.

Mine are, because I'm a good parent. Maybe your's aren't because you are a bad parent. Impossible to generalize.

I liked winny the kwai his post, i really believe its not just parenting. Me and my brother are totally different but have been raised the same way. I think its not just parenting has to do with the kid too.

It seem to be the up bringing...there's this lady I was dating, her nine year son is always using the F word on d mum and she laughs it off.. i brought him to his senses when he decided to touch the equipment i use on his mum...the wasn't happy about d son been desciplined but who cares...