Are Thai Kids Well Behaved?

theblether

About the same, all little kids run amuck.

Some Thai kids just like western kids are uncontrollable.

I believe in spanking, because it works, taking shit away and banning them from having stuff to keep them inline only works if you do it right.

Like the old timers, most if not all were spanked as kids and are well behaved compared to the young guns of today.

And please spanking is not beating, there is a huge difference in it and only someone with half a brain would think they are the same.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe in spanking, because it works, taking shit away and banning them from having stuff to keep them inline only works if you do it right.

Like the old timers, most if not all were spanked as kids and are well behaved compared to the young guns of today.

And please spanking is not beating, there is a huge difference in it and only someone with half a brain would think they are the same.

I disagree with the half a brain bit.

There are plenty of different schools on how to raise children....to describe anyone in disagreement as a halfwit is an overly agressive stance.

Defensive some might say.

Oh please spare me, thai children are some of the most undisciplined children I know of, the parents are children just like them, they have no parenting skills and have never been taught any. Most are taken to grandma and dumped off for most of their lives with no education or moral support. Again bs answers from people that dont live here.

I wholeheartedly concur - terribly undisciplined children here, parents adopt too much of the Mai pen rai attitude, they laugh when a kid breaks something or pokes a dog in the eye, i guess you can only expect the cycle to continue.!!sad.png

Either the sum of your time living here is in months or you are talking about the kids you meet when taking mother back home in Nakhon Nowhere from her bar.

Thai kids are 100 times better behaved in general than British or American ones.

Edited by Johnniey

I disagree with the half a brain bit.

There are plenty of different schools on how to raise children....to describe anyone in disagreement as a halfwit is an overly agressive stance.

Defensive some might say.

Yeah, that part I was trolling a bit.

Oh please spare me, thai children are some of the most undisciplined children I know of, the parents are children just like them, they have no parenting skills and have never been taught any. Most are taken to grandma and dumped off for most of their lives with no education or moral support. Again bs answers from people that dont live here.

100% correct!!

Mine are, because I'm a good parent. Maybe your's aren't because you are a bad parent. Impossible to generalize.

I liked winny the kwai his post, i really believe its not just parenting. Me and my brother are totally different but have been raised the same way. I think its not just parenting has to do with the kid too.

Now I used to think upbringing also but I too have noticed this, 3 kids brought up the same way, one now in jail the other highly strung screecher and the other the most down to earth older than his years helpful hardworking guy you could ever meet. I think a lot of personality is in built from birth.

Mine are, because I'm a good parent. Maybe your's aren't because you are a bad parent. Impossible to generalize.

I liked winny the kwai his post, i really believe its not just parenting. Me and my brother are totally different but have been raised the same way. I think its not just parenting has to do with the kid too.

Now I used to think upbringing also but I too have noticed this, 3 kids brought up the same way, one now in jail the other highly strung screecher and the other the most down to earth older than his years helpful hardworking guy you could ever meet. I think a lot of personality is in built from birth.

I would probably agree with you, if one of my children ended up in prison.

• Like 1

Does Thai kids behave in a western manner? No, because the are raised in another culture with other values!

Apart from that most of the Thai kids show respect and that's what it's all about, isn't it?

I find this statement a bit odd. How do you know they show respect if you don't know how they are raised or taught in school? Is the concept of western mannerism an alien one...?

Not at all, in fact many of the middle class educated locals have adapted western manners if they don't have a Chinese heritage.

The poo yai concept is not a way of showing respect really but more of control and it's failing.

The ones who work a lot or the the rural locals who got wealthy simply by enheritting land spoil their kids senseless not because they don't care really but because that's their way of showing the young ones their way of affection. Or as I've noticed at some schools they kids are beated to submission by teachers and sometimes by parents for not passing grades.

The latter one is pretty random and does not apply at all schools but it does at some well known Bangkokian schools and that should tell you a thing or two.

It seem to be the up bringing...there's this lady I was dating, her nine year son is always using the F word on d mum and she laughs it off.. i brought him to his senses when he decided to touch the equipment i use on his mum...the wasn't happy about d son been desciplined but who cares...

What equipment was that if I may ask?

As a teacher 90% of the worst behavior comes from these so called HiSo kids. if they have an I-Phone they often feel they can do what they want. I'm not saying all wealthy parents produce spoiled brats but some of them do and for me they represent the worst of this country. I've even noticed a trend where the most HiSo kid will try and be 10 minutes late just so they can say they have been somewhere exclusive to impress their classmates. Also notice it is the fat Hiso piggy boys you will hear gobbing across the restaurant!

Compared to the some of the loutish, hoodie, council house, out of control feral kids that hung about the area, which I had to contend with in England, I now perceive that even the worst behaved Thai children are better brought up than the best behaved children in the UK.

Your pictures say it all.

No need for words

THREAD CLOSED

Compared to the some of the loutish, hoodie, council house, out of control feral kids that hung about the area, which I had to contend with in England, I now perceive that even the worst behaved Thai children are better brought up than the best behaved children in the UK.

Notice the difference between the photsos?

The Thai kids are 8-11 years of age. The western kids are 14-16 years of age.

Not a fair comparison.

Yes some western kids can be porrly behaved, but overall, they are certainly more considerate and polite than their adult contemporaries.

At the local minimart, it is the European kids that hold the door open and that say thank you to the clerks. The local Thai kids do neither.

I don't like children. The make noise and get underfoot. However, I have found Thai children to be polite with me.

Sorry, but you really don`t have a clue.

Since living in Thailand, I have never had: stones thrown at my windows, my car vandalised, graffiti sprayed over my property and vehicles, the outside fencing or walls kicked in, items on the property smashed or stolen, kids sitting on the walls or hanging about outside F/ing and blinding at the top of they’re voices, smoking, doing drugs or alcohol, verbal or threatened with physical abuse from kids that misbehave, kids breaking into the back garden trying to steal tools from my shed and too afraid to confront them in case they are armed with knives or take revenge on my children at school, packs of feral kids and youths roaming the streets so that we are all in fear of venturing out, kids dealing and doing drugs in the parks and in the city centres at night.

Maybe many of you have not lived in the UK or perhaps have been away from Britain too long and have forgotten what it`s like?

The children of Thailand, all golden little cherubs as far as I’m concerned and I know where I am better off.

Edited by Beetlejuice

As a parent i can tell that you that kids under 3 are the same everywhere

but then after that its very easy to see the difference with thai kids

Western kids are taught to say thank you and to mean it, they are taught to be helpful(holding doors, picking up dropped things) without rewards while thais will only do it if there is a reward or if they are interested in something. It's very apparent if you go to an international school. The Pure thais will either be super spoiled assmonks or decent western type kids. The half thai-half farang are going to be good if the father is the one dropping them to school and taking care of them at the house at night, if its the mother its going to be bad 70% of the time and good 30%. I found that bargirl mothers try harder to raise their children to be better than them.

and the western kids for the most part are great(helps that its mostly upper middle class kids)

This ninja-fighting show crap really doesnt help. I have no idea how japanese raise such good kids while they only watch those shows but all other poor nations that let their kid watch those shows all have violent kids. Maybe it has to do with IQ because the kids i know who watch those shows a lot and are not violent at all are mostly extremely clever 2-4years old.

Not a fair comparison.

Yes some western kids can be porrly behaved, but overall, they are certainly more considerate and polite than their adult contemporaries.

At the local minimart, it is the European kids that hold the door open and that say thank you to the clerks. The local Thai kids do neither.

I don't like children. The make noise and get underfoot. However, I have found Thai children to be polite with me.

Since living in Thailand, I have never had: stones thrown at my windows, my car vandalised, graffiti sprayed over my property and vehicles, the outside fencing or walls kicked in, items on the property smashed or stolen, kids sitting on the walls or hanging about outside F/ing and blinding at the top of they’re voices, smoking, doing drugs or alcohol, verbal or threatened with physical abuse from kids that misbehave, kids breaking into the back garden trying to steal tools from my shed and too afraid to confront them in case they are armed with knives or take revenge on my children at school, packs of feral kids and youths roaming the streets so that we are all in fear of venturing out, kids dealing and doing drugs in the parks and in the city centres at night.

Maybe many of you have not lived in the UK or perhaps have been away from Britain too long and have forgotten what it`s like?

The children of Thailand, all golden little cherubs as far as I’m concerned and I know where I am better off.

I never experienced any of those issues in the UK (where I lived all of my life, until earlier this year).

It seems your view on the UK is distorted by your personal experience mixing with society's underclass.

The more warped views of certain other members on Thailand are probably due to the same reasons.

One thing my Thai gf tell me about Thai children is that the genders, as children, are treated a little bit different.

The 'Thai boy is allowed to be little bit more naughty then the Thai girl'.

To theblether, were the brats young Thai boys?

Not a fair comparison.

where on earth were you residing in Britain cos what you describe sounds like a council estate out of the TV show Shameless or some big block in South London!

Or is all the above snippets from the mail online?

Well off and on I've spent more than 24 years living in LOS, including several years as a child myself. You might disagree with some posts but to accuse everyone who has a contrary view to your own of bs posts and not living there strikes me as somewhat presumptuous and ill mannered. smile.png Err what was the subject again ?

I think you have just revealed the reason for your mis-thinking.

You have been in Thailand for 24 years ..... go back to your home country, see how they behave there NOW ...... then come back and apologize to Thai children.

From my experience most kids are well behaved regardless of nationality, but I feel we are talking about the few here.

Of these few I would say Thai kids can be more naughty, but less malicious than western kids. Again, it's just the few, but some western kids are animals, as we all have seen with happy slapping, swearing at parents, teachers, etc. There are no boundaries with these kids.

On the flip side, and it is probably a cultural thing, but you will find more western kids (or adults for that matter) that will open doors, give up seats etc.

• Like 1

From my experience most kids are well behaved regardless of nationality, but I feel we are talking about the few here.

Of these few I would say Thai kids can be more naughty, but less malicious than western kids. Again, it's just the few, but some western kids are animals, as we all have seen with happy slapping, swearing at parents, teachers, etc. There are no boundaries with these kids.

On the flip side, and it is probably a cultural thing, but you will find more western kids (or adults for that matter) that will open doors, give up seats etc.

I agree. It (obviously) depends on the area from which you lived in your home country, but some Western kids are downright horrible and, getting worse... However, Western kids are more likely to be polite (thank you, not 'barging through' etc.) generally.

Maybe the circles I move in but I find very few kids here are correctly disciplined in pre school years, once they have been introduced to the education system they seem to improve no end. My two Thai nephews were the laziest, undisciplined, deliberately naughty kids you could have the displeasure of meeting, now however after a short time in school, two nicer kids you could not wish to meet. I have also seen this lack of home instilled discipline if friends kids as most of my acquaintances work offshore, so are away 50% of the year and face an uphill struggle when trying to enforce discipline that the kids mothers never do.

My two (half-Thai) kids have been as good as gold today, as always!

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Lovely, so very cute. You must be proud. Especially the baby, a face to melt a thousand hearts.

I look at these photos and wonder, how on earth can people ever hurt children?

Like that case with the murder of the 12 year old Tia going on in England at the moment.

Edited by Beetlejuice