Thaksin In America: Foreign Min, Attorney General, Police Fail To Do Their Jobs: Thai Democrat

webfact

THAKSIN IN AMERICA

FM, Attorney General and police fail to do their jobs : Democrat

30188322-01_big.jpg

Photo : siamtownus.com

BANGKOK: -- Foreign Ministry, the Office of the Attorney General and the Royal Thai Police had collectively failed to do their job by issuing an extradition request for Thaksin, Democrat MP Thepthai Senapong said Tuesday.

"Thaksin is not staying in the US for just one or two days, therefore this is inexcusable for not knowing his address," he said in reference an alert about his whereabouts - so US authorities can arrest the fugitive PM and send him back.

He added protests by Thai expatriates were proof that Thaksin's visit to the US was not smooth, as had been claimed by his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama.

"I view the protests as a snub intended for the government because Thaksin is a fugitive but the authorities have neglected to bring him back to serve his jail term," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-15

Who's not doing who's job? American police? Welcome to a semi-real democracy were freedom of speech and the right to protest peacefully comes in to play.

You screwed NASA and you think the US is gonna wipe up your political s--t storm? Put down the bottle of Leo.

Edited by Sayonarax
  • Like 1

This government does not respect the justice system in Thailand and that's a dangerous situation.

The executive, legislative and judiciary branches of government are not in balance.

This can and most likely will lead to another coup!

Is this the same democrat party that allowed him to walk into the thai embassy in Hong Kong without arresting him, or the same Democrats that failed to issus any paperwork to interpol regarding Thakisn which allowed him to freely flit from country to country while the dems sat at home cursing every country that let him enter?

Indeed, there is plenty of blame to go around.

One suspects that many Thai civil-servants would be tempted, to sit on potentially-problematic paperwork like this, as they might well expect retribution, at some future date. ermm.gif

Under the current regime of Nepotism: 1. Senor Thaksin's sister is the Prime Minister. 2. The brother in law, Charlerm the is the head

smuck of the Police; and

3. Who knows who else is part and parcel to this chain.

Did you really think the current government would issue an extradition request to the U.S. Government.

If you think that, you were dreaming!coffee1.gif

In fact, the current government could has issued a request for extraditon to the Hong Kong powers that be to extradite Senor Thaksin,

when his smuck brother-in-law went to visit him in Hong Kong. coffee1.gif

The bottom line is they are not going to while the current regime is in power.

Thaksin is a man without a country by his own hand.

Sooner or later all the chickens will come back to rooste. That is the Law of Karma. No Governement, and No Nepotism can stop

that. (Newtons 3rd Law of Motion) coffee1.gif

I "ll say things have failed , right from the beginning of the Thaksin sarga , it was a sham and the Democrats lead the way in believing that the big "T" would return from the Beijing Olympic games ,however you look at the numbers gentlemen, the democrats brought all this on themselves , now we cry wolf , my point being (sorry to be long winded) it should never happened in the first place. moral of story, he who go's to Beijing flies the COUP.end of story. bah.gif

I "ll say things have failed , right from the beginning of the Thaksin sarga , it was a sham and the Democrats lead the way in believing that the big "T" would return from the Beijing Olympic games ,however you look at the numbers gentlemen, the democrats brought all this on themselves , now we cry wolf , my point being (sorry to be long winded) it should never happened in the first place. moral of story, he who go's to Beijing flies the COUP.end of story. bah.gif

Could you explain what the Opposition party should have done or did regarding a court decision which leads you to say "the democrats brought all this on themselves".

I am indebted to you, for the unexpected news that the Democrats were in power, when the court-case & 2008-Olympics took place.

Both Wikipedia and my own memory are obviously wrong, yet again ! rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I wonder why all the fuss about the US granting Thaksin a tourist visa. He does not have a criminal record in the country where he holds a passport, Dubai. If Thailand wants him extradited, all they have to do is issue the request, which we know will never happen. Then the request will be considered, which will include whether the criminal charges against Thaksin in Thailand are politically motivated. The US g'ment, being the pillar of integrity that they are, frowns on those sort of things. That is unless they think of it first. whistling.gif

On another note, I notice some very vocal Obama fans on this thread, tearing the US g'ment a new ass for allowing Thaksin into the country. The buck stops where? giggle.gif

• Like 1

Under the current regime of Nepotism: 1. Senor Thaksin's sister is the Prime Minister. 2. The brother in law, Charlerm the is the head

smuck of the Police; and

3. Who knows who else is part and parcel to this chain.

Did you really think the current government would issue an extradition request to the U.S. Government.

If you think that, you were dreaming!coffee1.gif

In fact, the current government could has issued a request for extraditon to the Hong Kong powers that be to extradite Senor Thaksin,

when his smuck brother-in-law went to visit him in Hong Kong. coffee1.gif

The bottom line is they are not going to while the current regime is in power.

Thaksin is a man without a country by his own hand.

Sooner or later all the chickens will come back to rooste. That is the Law of Karma. No Governement, and No Nepotism can stop

that. (Newtons 3rd Law of Motion) coffee1.gif

"2. The brother in law, Charlerm the is the head smuck of the Police; "

I'm not sure if Potjaman na Pombejra (nee Damapong, ex Mrs Thaksin Shinawatra) would wish to be quite so closely related to Pol.Captain Charlerm Yubamrung.

I believe the man you meant to refer to as the "head schmuck", is Pol Gen Priewpan Damapong.wai.gif

I wonder why all the fuss about the US granting Thaksin a tourist visa. He does not have a criminal record in the country where he holds a passport, Dubai. If Thailand wants him extradited, all they have to do is issue the request, which we know will never happen. Then the request will be considered, which will include whether the criminal charges against Thaksin in Thailand are politically motivated. The US g'ment, being the pillar of integrity that they are, frowns on those sort of things. That is unless they think of it first. whistling.gif

On another note, I notice some very vocal Obama fans on this thread, tearing the US g'ment a new ass for allowing Thaksin into the country. The buck stops where? giggle.gif

What does Obama have to do with it he probably doesn't know the guy is even the country.
  • Like 1

Who's not doing who's job? American police? Welcome to a semi-real democracy were freedom of speech and the right to protest peacefully comes in to play.

You screwed NASA and you think the US is gonna wipe up your political s--t storm? Put down the bottle of Leo.

Ask the Occupy Wall Street movement how freedom of speech works in the US!

It was Thaksin's sister's government that " screwed NASA ". blink.png A more relevant course of action for a 'square up' would be to deny this clown a visa.

End of story.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

He may be useful to Uncle Sam at some point. Just because someone is a tyrannical, dissembling kleptocrat is no reason for the US to turn it's back on him. Remember Marcos?

Tourist visa? Sounds like he's working. Maybe they can bust him on a visa violation.

Business as usual in Thailand. Maybe Thaksin's trip to America is a gold mine for the Democrats to exploit.

Well with a Censure Motion and debate in the near future it would

surely become know to the greater populace that the government has been ignoring Thailand laws

in favor of letting Thaksin off the hook abroad. Of course they must be TOLD that this is actually

ILLEGAL and against Thai law for the government and ministries to do.

Is this the same democrat party that allowed him to walk into the thai embassy in Hong Kong without arresting him, or the same Democrats that failed to issus any paperwork to interpol regarding Thakisn which allowed him to freely flit from country to country while the dems sat at home cursing every country that let him enter?

No, them Dems had no control over that.

By the time the report was back that he was there he was gone.

Certain;y not Kasit's finest hour though.

But that put in motion the since quashed international warrants for his arrest.

They are just doing what most always do, which is what their boss wants, nothing more, nothing less.

Change the boss i.e. win an election and they can do it. But ooops, they had their chance, and achieved precisely zero, in terms of extraditing thaksin.

Where is the Interpol red notice again? Still in kasits imagination.

It makes me extremely happy that you acknowledge that Thaksin should have been arrested in Hong Kong.

Does an embassy in a foreign country have the authority to arrest someone?

Have the Thai authorities thought of asking the U.S authorities what his movements are? They know what he is up to because they are providing security for him. What about signing up to this forum and they will get all the information they need.

It is always interesting to see how the Democrats comment on these kinds of things. They were heading an unelected government for years an never even bothered to ask interpol to put a red notice up. The democrat party stinks and corrupted to the bone. Anyone knows that this case is politically motivated and only crooked states would extradite him on the flimsy work delivered by an economic terrorist like Kasit. Moreover the Thai courts are no credible anywhere in the world. People only have to look at youtube to see what kind of judges Thailand has.

Does an embassy in a foreign country have the authority to arrest someone?

Are you asking if Thailand (The embassy) has the power to arrest a person outside the embassy grounds on foriegn soil? The answer would be NO.

Now if Boonsong Kowawisarat was to attend one of the dinners with his UZI and it accidently went off when he placed it on the table he may have diplomatic amunity.

Edited by chooka

No, them Dems had no control over that.

By the time the report was back that he was there he was gone.

Certain;y not Kasit's finest hour though.

But that put in motion the since quashed international warrants for his arrest.

I am no expert on international policing but wonder why the Democratics chose not to issue an arrest warrant through Interpol?

Seems to me that would have been a simple option or am I missing something?

The Royal Thai embassy is in the capital of China, (Royal Thai Embassy, 40 Guang Hua Lu, Beijing 100600)as is usual. There is a Thai consulate in Hong Kong (Royal Thai Consulate-General in Hong Kong, Fairmont House, 8th Floor,8 Cotton Tree Drive, Central, Hong Kong)