Can Coming To Thailand Make You Bisexual?

thenervoussurgeon

I know lots of ladyboys. All of them self identify as female. I also know alot of gay men in Thailand, they do not consider ladyboys as gay.

Ladyboys that I know also prefer (straight) men not gay men.

Which unfortunately they cannot have, because if they find one, by definition, they have found a gay man.

My GFs best friend is a ladyboy that she worked with at a local hotel and who is now the husband of a gay man in Amsterdam.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know lots of ladyboys. All of them self identify as female. I also know alot of gay men in Thailand, they do not consider ladyboys as gay.

Which unfortunately they cannot have, because if they find one, by definition, they have found a gay man.

My GFs best friend is a ladyboy that she worked with at a local hotel and who is now the husband of a gay man in Amsterdam.

Nothing wrong with that.

So many men here trying to justify their sexual orientation. Too funny.

Coming to Thailand may not make you a bisexual, but as evidenced by this thread, it confuses you as to just what your sexual orientation is.

Getting back to basics, if a "person" has a Y chromosome, it's a male human. Doesn't matter if it's wearing a frock, has fake tits and has had it's junk removed, it's still a bloke.

So, if a male dresses up and acts like a female and so completely fools another "straight" guy that he gets the hots for the former, would you define the fooled guy as a homosexual just because he got attracted to a person with a Y chromosome ??

All this analysis misses the basic point that sexual orientation is all in the mind and the psyche. If a person is getting attracted by the feminine characteristics of the LB it is not a homosexual thing at all (not that being homosexual is a thing to be abhorred or be frightened of).

If you get fooled you get fooled, simple as, in whatever way.. sexually or maybe just in believing how much your tuk-tuk's going to be.. except if you get fooled sexually, say by a lady-boy, it IS going to come down to whether your mates believe if and when you discovered the subterfuge and what was your REAL ('manly' or otherwise) reaction to it... words and phrases like 'abhorred' or frightened of' don't help when you're trying to 'live things down' in reality, sadly!!!

Agree... that's exactly right. If you are fooled you aren't gay. If you are raped by a gay guy, you aren't gay either. It depends on whether you WANT to be with a member of the same gender.

Nothing wrong with that.

Agree. They are wonderful people. I love them both (but not in "that" way). I'm not sure what the ladyboy thinks, but she no longer dresses as a ladyboy. The Dutch guy is pretty masculine and considers them both to be gay, as do I.

So many men here trying to justify their sexual orientation. Too funny.

Coming to Thailand may not make you a bisexual, but as evidenced by this thread, it confuses you as to just what your sexual orientation is.

Getting back to basics, if a "person" has a Y chromosome, it's a male human. Doesn't matter if it's wearing a frock, has fake tits and has had it's junk removed, it's still a bloke.

So, if a male dresses up and acts like a female and so completely fools another "straight" guy that he gets the hots for the former, would you define the fooled guy as a homosexual just because he got attracted to a person with a Y chromosome ??

All this analysis misses the basic point that sexual orientation is all in the mind and the psyche. If a person is getting attracted by the feminine characteristics of the LB it is not a homosexual thing at all (not that being homosexual is a thing to be abhorred or be frightened of).

I will not pretend to understand different people's sexual proclivity or what games they play in their little heads to justify their behavior. All I am pointing out is that a man is a man is a man. No more, no less. If someone is attracted to a pipe fitter that has a 5 o'clock shadow, but is wearing a frock and tucks his junk away, then more power to them.

In your example, the "straight" guy was under the impression that he was indeed interested in a female based on the outward appearance. At the time he finds out that the she is actually a he, then that's where he has to do some soul searching to either move forward with a liaison or go to the bog and throw up...

I have noticed that an overwhelming number of LB patrons do tend to be the muscled-up farang with chips on their shoulders, which has always made me curious.

A guy I know recently went to Thailand for the first time on my recommendation.. Before he went, he said he was worried because he had trouble telling TSes apart from real women..

He came back claiming he was in love and posted these photos on facebook of him smooching up to what looks to me to be a TS. a few weeks later, he went back and came home announcing that he was engaged to her. My Thai gf is 95% convinced she's a TS (she worked bar so has seen a few), but says it's ok because many ladyboys 'have good heart'.

I suggested to him that he takes things slowly as many Thai women who hook up with tourists have something to hide, eg a husband. He told her this, she feigned indignation and I looked like the bad guy. Apparently, his having met the family means she must be a good person.

Leaving aside the gay/not gay/ bisexual ranting my theory is this:

Men are always looking for something a bit more exciting or a bit more depraved, the next sexual challenge and in Thailand that idea can go a long way....

First its the excitement of sleeping with a beautiful Thai girl, then that gets tiring, the bar scene gets tiring and has no excitement left in it. The first time you try a soapy its amazing but that too becomes passe. BJ bars? Boring...... the pathway always leads to ladyboys and I know many long term expats in decent executive positions that for no reason other than being curious have had a go.

...and enjoyed it

I am not taking that leap though......

I reckon you already have haha... How was it?

Amazed at the number of responses in such a short period of time..It has been perhaps the most responses I have seen reading this forum more then 5 years....

Shows me it is a super Topic with many interested in this subject...

Your surprised!! count me in ,i dont post threads often ,although the ones i do seem to get quite a few responses,but this ,it was just a straight(excuse the pun) question and i thought a few would answer and then it would die.

Well done. This thread truly has gone viral. The only threads I've seen to beat it are "changes to visa rules" threads.

It's got a long way to go before it beats the 'Uk Pensions' thread tongue.png

• Like 1

Jingthing, this seems to have hit a sensitive point with you. After comming to Thailand I tried my best to have quality time with every true female out there. Never once did I consider someone

with a long dong. Each to his own.

Or a short one for that matter...

Also, I don't believe most people "chose" to be gay. ALL of the gays I know remember being gay from the beginning, but I guess I wouldn't rule out the possibility that some people choose bisexuality.

I know that's the commonly accepted line. I wonder if that's really true for absolutely 100% of gay men though; I wonder if at least some people don't alter the story at a later date. As people age and their experiences and brain changes, it seems not impossible that people move to gay relationships at some later point in life, after having been card-carrying heterosexuals in their teenage years. (And not just for appearances and social pressure either, but be genuinely attracted to girls)

Amazed at the number of responses in such a short period of time..It has been perhaps the most responses I have seen reading this forum more then 5 years....

Shows me it is a super Topic with many interested in this subject...

Your surprised!! count me in ,i dont post threads often ,although the ones i do seem to get quite a few responses,but this ,it was just a straight(excuse the pun) question and i thought a few would answer and then it would die.

Well done. This thread truly has gone viral. The only threads I've seen to beat it are "changes to visa rules" threads.

It's got a long way to go before it beats the 'Uk Pensions' thread tongue.png

Or the California WOW Closing threads.

Also, I don't believe most people "chose" to be gay. ALL of the gays I know remember being gay from the beginning, but I guess I wouldn't rule out the possibility that some people choose bisexuality.

I know that's the commonly accepted line. I wonder if that's really true for absolutely 100% of gay men though; I wonder if at least some people don't alter the story at a later date. As people age and their experiences and brain changes, it seems not impossible that people move to gay relationships at some later point in life, after having been card-carrying heterosexuals in their teenage years. (And not just for appearances and social pressure either, but be genuinely attracted to girls)

I don't think anything's true for 100% of any portion of the human population. I knew I was gay when I was 12. I didn't choose to be - I just was. I used to go out with a guy whose father came out after we got together. Peaceblondie (the mod) has 6 children. Nothing's ever as simple and uncomplicated as the 'once a man, always a man' crowd like to make out.

• Like 2

If you like ladyboys, then your a homo/bi.

A ladyboy is just a bloke with makeup on and a dress.

Simple as that.

i rember asking a female once what she thought about blokes going with gays,here answer was there just greedy b-stards,trying to get as much sex they can

The question is; if you are gay, than what makes you tick? And perhaps that would give us hetros a better understanding of what being gay really means? A sort of, what I`ve always wanted to know, but been afraid to ask.

We're sexually and EMOTIONALLY attracted to members of our own gender. Being gay (or straight) is in the brain not the pants.

Well said. To add the (all important) "EMOTIONALLY" sentiment, pretty much aces any arguement. Again, well said!

• Like 1

About the gay forum, transgender people and topics for/about transgender people are very welcome and fit with the forum. Heterosexually identified men attracted to ladyboys are simply USUALLY not gay. Unless they are which would fit in the rarer cases of gay identified men who like ladyboys. Confused?

If there is enough interest, instead of dumping on the gay forum which already has it's own problems, how about lobbying for a NEW forum for men into ladyboys?

"Which already has it's own problems" ... Now how would you know about that? blink.png

Because I'm a homo?coffee1.gif

JT, Your request would seem simple enough.

Visually they are females. Jingthing is trying to educate you, but you've closed your mind.

Allow me to elaborate. A bisexual is a person attracted to men and women. Your friend is not attracted to men therefor he cannot be bisexual.

There is no way a ladyboy can be considered a man. Some of them are so feminine that the keenest eye can not tell them apart from a normal female. Even the Thais understand this and when they are mentioned in the media they often referred to as a 3rd gender.

Nonsense. They are men with lipstick and a dress on. Even my 3 year old can spot them and gets uncomfortable if one tries to touch him. If you can't spot the deep voice and big hands, you have problems. The Thais can indeed tell them apart and consider them the bottom of the totem pole in society.

• Like 1

It is true LBs are treated very poorly by Thai society. They are expected to work in a VERY LIMITED range of professions, including criminal ones. It is really tragic for the LBs and for Thailand. Think of the talent that is lost that way. Of course some strong willed LBs especially those with super supportive families (and often wealthier) manage to break the mold. But the pressure is strong to know their place.

OK....I'll make you a deal.Watch the Miss Tiffany contest next spring, broadcast on mainstream Thai TV, and then tell me those beautiful girls don't turn you on....and that they are "just blokes with makeup on a dress".

A lot of men go for ladyboys PRECISELY because the look and often act as pretty girls.

If you like ladyboys, then your a homo/bi.

A ladyboy is just a bloke with makeup on and a dress.

Simple as that.

LOL. "those beautiful girls"? Wake up Larry, they are MEN.

It is true LBs are treated very poorly by Thai society. They are expected to work in a VERY LIMITED range of professions, including criminal ones. It is really tragic for the LBs and for Thailand. Think of the talent that is lost that way. Of course some strong willed LBs especially those with super supportive families (and often wealthier) manage to break the mold. But the pressure is strong to know their place.

What "talents" do LBs have outside the red light scene?

They are mentally unstable and Thais know that. I sometimes see some work at 7/11 and such.

The same was true of transvestites who used to see work the streets in Trinidad. I'm sure in such a culture there was no other place for them.

Thailand I would say is streets ahead of the West Indies in terms of acceptance but given the freedom of opportunities in Western countries Thailand still lags way behind in terms of equal rights.

I still don't get the distinction of the "third sex" in relation to gays or ladyboys...I mean I know there is a clear distinction between them but why are there no ladyboys in the Western cultures?

Leaving aside the physical characteristics issue for a moment there is simply no corresponding culture is there?

What "talents" do LBs have outside the red light scene?

They are mentally unstable and Thais know that. I sometimes see some work at 7/11 and such.

As human beings, they can be educated to do most any kind of position that any other human being can do.
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter how "pretty" a man is, I still wouldn't be interested. Honestly, 0% interested.

I'm pretty sure you would have been 100% interested until she started singing in a deep voice. Another woman in the video series (check out episode 1) entered and won many female beauty pageants. She was eventually outed, and got charged by the police.

I just called my (gay) friend back in the States and he agrees: If he has a penis and you're attracted, you're gay. (He wasn't sure about the post-op thing though, and neither am I.)

You're taking this thread far too seriously....

I just called my (gay) friend in Pattaya and he agrees: Guys who are attracted to ladyboys most definitely are not gay.

• Like 2

Sexual orientation is not an indicator of talent, ability, intelligence, whatever........the greatest military commander in World history was bi-sexual. ( in fact some would say he was gay however he did take more than one wife ).

He only married one of them to get out of Afghanistan.