Can Coming To Thailand Make You Bisexual?

thenervoussurgeon

It's not my thing but I can only suggest two possible reasons why straight guys might fancy ladyboys.

One, they often look more atractive than the girls (compare their beauty contests!) and two the straight guy is drunk!

Like the old joke goes,

"What's the difference between a fox and a dog?"

"About eight pints."

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic gets lots of posts here, because there are a few gay members and ladyboy lovers insisting that having sex with a dude and his penis is straight as long as he wears a dress and puts on some makeup.

Not all ladyboys have a penis.

But they all have a Y chromosome.

Relevant? Most people never ever check this (for the purpose of sexual activity). Do you?

Not specifically. But we don't actually need to run a test (in 99+% of cases) to figure things out, now do we...?

This topic gets lots of posts here, because there are a few gay members and ladyboy lovers insisting that having sex with a dude and his penis is straight as long as he wears a dress and puts on some makeup. The vast majority of straight men reject this and do not consider it to be straight. That is where the discussion comes from.

If ladyboy posts were allowed in the gay forum, the forum would be flooded with them I'm sure. Which is probably why they have that policy to begin with

Another one who believes "not straight" = gay.

Your world is very black and white - just like the early missionaries who came to the East to save people.

This topic does not belong in the gay forum. Ladyboy lovers are heterosexuals with a fetish, or you can just say they are men who like ladyboys.

Edited by tropo

It's not my thing but I can only suggest two possible reasons why straight guys might fancy ladyboys.

One, they often look more atractive than the girls (compare their beauty contests!) and two the straight guy is drunk!

I beg to differ. Even some of the Miss Tiffany contestants are not that attractive. For example:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/53.jpg

Edited by moto77

Not all ladyboys have a penis.

But they all have a Y chromosome.

Relevant? Most people never ever check this (for the purpose of sexual activity). Do you?

Not specifically...

And your point is?

Edited by Morakot

This topic gets lots of posts here, because there are a few gay members and ladyboy lovers insisting that having sex with a dude and his penis is straight as long as he wears a dress and puts on some makeup. The vast majority of straight men reject this and do not consider it to be straight. That is where the discussion comes from.

If ladyboy posts were allowed in the gay forum, the forum would be flooded with them I'm sure. Which is probably why they have that policy to begin with

Your world is very black and white - just like the early missionaries who came to the East to save people.

This topic does not belong in the gay forum. Ladyboy lovers are heterosexuals with a fetish, or you can just say they are men who like ladyboys.

They are gay men who prefer ladyboys to non-ladyboys.

Still looking for an answer to this question:

If this guy seriously claims to be a woman, and--for whatever reason--John Doe is sexually attracted to him, is John Doe gay?

http://www.planetugl...glymen_0017.jpg

I have not see the picture in the link, but you need to ask yourself how serious is the claim? Would the claim be taken seriously by other people?

Just an opinion, I do believe that your friend could be attracted to Women and Ladyboys that look like women. Fact Men find Thai ladies Taboo, and it is arousing that we can have a sexy lady next to us, from 18 and up.

Fact Anal sex is also Taboo, but we want what we cannot have, and still in this day and age many women still think that anal sex is wrong and will not allow it.

So maybe with an attractive Ladyboys, there is no question about anal.

And I will add that I am not Gay by no means and I have seen some very attractive Ladyboys, I had even went as far as to buy them a drink and set and talk, before my friend told me that she was a ladyboy. Wow chances, I would have probability taken her home and then go a big shock.

Where are your "facts" from ? Maybe you brought them with you from some other culture?

When they install the next lot of security screening devices at the airport, I hope they have a "prejudices detector" that will keep thai culture free of pollution WPFflags.gif

with 214 post i would think that you would try to surf the internet alittle more then just this site.

but here are a few links to help you out, don't be scared just click one or maybe two, take your time.

http://archive.aidsc...media_11_07.pdf

http://www.marieclai...-sex-popularity

http://menshealth.in...ion/0/1031.html

http://nymag.com/nig...e/mating/25988/

http://www.peterfeve...04/16/anal-sex/

and if you are not sure of the meaning of Taboo, i have also inculded this link for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo

thanks

I don't see any Thai-based links there - so you base your "opinion" on "facts" from other cultures....... wink.png

here you go Anal sex in Thailand Taboo

http://www.ivillage.com/5-myths-anal-sex-uncovered/4-a-284083

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/sex/TGQC6SHR6SKJR1645/p6

http://rectalmicrobicides.org/docs/Nov_07_-_CS_FINAL.pdf

It's unlikely you'll learn from anyone as you've closed you mind.

As have you. And you have a reason to be biased in favor of your position. I do not.

I deleted that comment, but if you must... Seriously, when I read your first post complete with Wikipedia definitions and some of your subsequent replies, a kindergarten teacher came to mind.

If this guy seriously claims to be a woman, and--for whatever reason--John Doe is sexually attracted to him, is John Doe gay?

I have not see the picture in the link, but you need to ask yourself how serious is the claim? Would the claim be taken seriously by other people?

Hell yes he is Gay and that hair under his arms is not covering the fact that he is, i thought that was an ugly woman!

It's unlikely you'll learn from anyone as you've closed you mind.

As have you. And you have a reason to be biased in favor of your position. I do not.

I deleted that comment, but if you must... Seriously, when I read your first post complete with Wikipedia definitions and some of your subsequent replies, a kindergarten teacher came to mind.

Re: 'Tropo v moto77'

Can we have a link to the offending post, please?

Edited by Morakot

But JT is only one gay man. Admittedly, I have a gay friend who shares JT's viewpoint, so that makes two gay men. tongue.png

My real point is why gay men don't want to let ladyboys into the "club"?

It's a little like immigration. Once settled and comfortable, many immigrants (Canada, Australia etc) want to raise the drawbridge...

If this subject was in the gay forum it would hardly get a look. The response here is more than enough proof it deserves to be in the open.

Again, my understanding is that topics about/for/by transgendered people are considered on topic there because the forum is a catch all for sexual minorities. Straight men into chasing the trans people, not, because heterosexual is not a sexual minority.

I reckon if topics about men chasing ladyboys were encouraged there, it wouldn't be a gay forum anymore, it would be a ladyboy lover forum. Which I still wonder, why doesn't the board try that out and see how it goes? (A ladyboy lover forum?)

Edited by Jingthing

So in other words, the only thing that matters is whether the ladyboy is a "good quality" ladyboy?

Where do you draw the line on that exactly?

If the ladyboy is a "6" or better you are not gay, but if the lady boy is a "5" or lower you are gay?

In other words, "If the lady boy is good enough that I fool myself into believing that I am not gay..."

When I first came to Thailand, I loved Patong Beach - which was quite nice back in those days. I hung out with a bunch of English guys and we hit the bars every night. There was a guy from Canada staying at the same hotel and we would always invite him to go with us, but he said that he was a Christian and had no interest in such goings on. After a few weeks of this, we invited him to go out for the Thai Holiday - Loi Katung - and the English guys told him that it was called "Loi Katoey" and it was traditional to party with katoeys for the night.

To make a long story short, he really enjoyed himself and he spent the rest of his holiday picking up ladyboys every night and never mentioned the religious stuff again. I don't know what to call him, but he was not straight.

I know . He must have been a Catholic priest on holiday tongue.png

sent from my Wellcom A90+

If he was the Ladyboys must have all been pre-pubesent !!

A possible explanation could be drugs. Has he been into drugs before? Androgeny started and was all the rage in the West in the 70s -epitomised by David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust. All of this was caused by the use of LSD -'Tripping'. I remember trying it a few times and being quite disturbed to feel attracted to men as well as women. Never went there though, but the experience was so profound it really changed me for good in other ways. LSD is so powerful it crosses all the wires in your brain so that you dont know <deleted> you do want to F. In fact you're not sure if you're hungry, thirsty or horny! I am not promoting its use as it is dangerous stuff. Ironically the drug itself gave me the insight to realise I was messing with my sanity, and I never touched it again.

I have no empirical evidence, only the knowledge that it does happen. I have a friend with a similar attraction to ladyboys. He had never been out of his home country before, is married with children, is a superb athlete, can drink with the best of them, and even had a few affairs with other women while married. A real man's man, some may say.

However, a ladyboy intrigued him on his first visit to Thailand some years ago, and now he can't get enough of ladyboy sex.

Hidden desire, probably; hidden homosexuality, maybe; perhaps bisexuality, if sex with a ladyboy can be called that. I don't know and neither does he, so he says. He still enjoys real girls, but can't seem come to Thailand without more ladyboy sex.

He has been my friend for twenty years and I accept his improprieties. Difference is what makes life interesting. Think of the lines, if everyone wanted the same thing.

I think just dealing with women will make you bisexual if not homosexual!

Any man who is attracted to ladyboys is Homosexual, it's reckoned that about 80% of them have not had the chop, so does that mean their customers get a look see first? The ones who are supposed to be not Homosexual?

I think just dealing with women will make you bisexual if not homosexual!

Is he pitching or catching? and wouldnt this be better in the gay section of TV?

Ladyboy topics about straight men being into ladyboys are not gay forum topics.

Is he pitching or catching? and wouldnt this be better in the gay section of TV?

Ladyboy topics about straight men being into ladyboys are not gay forum topics.

I beg to differ.

So in other words, the only thing that matters is whether the ladyboy is a "good quality" ladyboy?

Where do you draw the line on that exactly?

If the ladyboy is a "6" or better you are not gay, but if the lady boy is a "5" or lower you are gay?

In other words, "If the lady boy is good enough that I fool myself into believing that I am not gay..."

I think you're getting somewhere.

If you're asking: where to draw the line between homosexuality and heterosexuality, than you appear to discover that this line is incredible hard to draw, because gender (which is related to sexuality) is a continuum, as seen on the example of transgendered people. The further the person --you are attracted to-- has moved on the continuum of gender towards the opposite gender, the less likely it is that you're "homosexual".

Get it?

Edited by Morakot

I beg to differ.

You are welcome to differ.

It's really a moderator matter.

If people want to open a bunch of ladyboy chaser threads on the gay forum nobody is stopping you. See what happens.

But I would be very surprised if a topic like this, about straight men chasing ladyboys is going to be moved to the gay forum. More likely closed or moved to f-rang pub (which is what I would do).

Edited by Jingthing

I'm a 60 years old man and attracted to thai ladyboys for a few years only. Have wife and a very active sex life with her. Hiowever like to have sex with ladyboy for time to time. Not ike gay and sure are not homosexual. most probably bi. My lady knows about that. Believe any preferences in sexuality should be accepted. Than you for taking my thougths into consideration. Good luck and take care.

They are gay men who prefer ladyboys to non-ladyboys.

I find that hard to believe. Do you have any evidence?

Surely a real homosexual man likes men, not someone that looks like a woman. If all ladyboys looked like men, this thread would not exist.

A more classic bisexual is a man or woman who likes BOTH men and women sexually.

A straight man who wanders into the ladyboy field and doesn't like males who are males is something else.

That said, and I hope this doesn't make anyone's brain explode but this whole business of LABELING people gay, straight, bi, etc. is a relatively modern, recent historical concept. That doesn't mean it isn't REAL for us modern (assuming largely western) people but it is a social construct.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1