Can Coming To Thailand Make You Bisexual?

thenervoussurgeon

An effeminate gay man is not a ladyboy. Transgender people FEEL that inside they were born in the wrong sex. Gay males no matter if masculine of effeminate, think they were born in the right sex. There are also very effeminate straight men. I knew one once who was a big star in a transvestite cabaret. Straight as an arrow in the bed, wife and many kids.

So? A man who dresses as a woman for work--or really any other reason--is not GAY if he is not attracted to MEN.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An effeminate gay man is not a ladyboy. Transgender people FEEL that inside they were born in the wrong sex. Gay males no matter if masculine of effeminate, think they were born in the right sex. There are also very effeminate straight men. I knew one once who was a big star in a transvestite cabaret. Straight as an arrow in the bed, wife and many kids.

So? A man who dresses as a woman for work--or really any other reason--is not GAY if he is not attracted to MEN.

Yes I agree. Maybe a bad example. My point was being effeminate doesn't mean you're gay and doesn't mean you're a ladyboy. That is determined by your INTERNAL sexual identity.

Is he pitching or catching? and wouldnt this be better in the gay section of TV?

Ladyboy topics about straight men being into ladyboys are not gay forum topics.

Gee it comes close though.

Close but no cigar.

It seems to me that there is a cigar.... but no ashtray.... whistling.gif

Edited by Rob8891

Performed sexuality and gender are closely related, but it doesn't have to follow a standard pattern. This person for example could be asexual, a "lesbian" man i.e. into women, or what not.

Edited by Morakot

Performed sexuality and gender are closely related, but it doesn't have to follow a standard pattern. This person for example could be asexual, a "lesbian" man i.e. into women, or what not.

Sure, but my statement stands. He is not GAY if he is not attracted to MEN.

Ladyboys are men pretending to be women.

Anybody man who pays good money to have breasts implanted in his chest and applies makeup, wears stilettos , carries a handbag, pays excessive amounts for clothes , and makeup and accessories on a daily basis for years, has in my mind , exceeded the notion of pretence and and deserves a pat on the back for commitment .

Many women do exactly this too!

Yes I agree. Maybe a bad example. My point was being effeminate doesn't mean you're gay and doesn't mean you're a ladyboy. That is determined by your INTERNAL sexual identity.

It's determined by which gender YOU are attracted to, regardless of THAT PERSON'S internal sexual identity. If a ladyboy things he is a female, fine. But if you are attracted to Arnold Schwarzenegger in a dress and heels, you're gay, it doesn't matter why Arnie is in the dress.

But JT is only one gay man. Admittedly, I have a gay friend who shares JT's viewpoint, so that makes two gay men. tongue.png

My real point is why gay men don't want to let ladyboys into the "club"?

It's a little like immigration. Once settled and comfortable, many immigrants (Canada, Australia etc) want to raise the drawbridge...

If this subject was in the gay forum it would hardly get a look. The response here is more than enough proof it deserves to be in the open.

• Like 1

Anybody man who pays good money to have breasts implanted in his chest and applies makeup, wears stilettos , carries a handbag, pays excessive amounts for clothes , and makeup and accessories on a daily basis for years, has in my mind , exceeded the notion of pretence and and deserves a pat on the back for commitment .

But they started out as women.

• Like 1

This thread is is full of it, isn't it?

One poster is talking of objectives of sexualities and the intentions of nature. Darwin crystallized the theory of evolution which essentially demonstrated that nature has no intention. Sexualities are determined by triggers and drives rather than logical objectives.

The research around sexualities mostly focusses on the reactions of particular societies to minority sexualities some of which would be better classed as fetish reactions. Of course, bigots and the unthinking will always attempt to categorise, especially when it improves their real or perceived power positioning. And those most likely to be disadvantaged through categorisation, even by the movement of threads, rightfully protest.

My second "ex" had a favourite saying (to me). "Why don't you just accept them for what they are?"

Imagine. (Lennon, 198?)

• Like 2

True, but for a boy to take it on requires a different level of commitment ,...in my opinion.

It's determined by which gender YOU are attracted to, regardless of THAT PERSON'S internal sexual identity. If a ladyboy things he is a female, fine. But if you are attracted to Arnold Schwarzenegger in a dress and heels, you're gay, it doesn't matter why Arnie is in the dress.

If you find this attractive you are more likely into cross-dressing.

But they started out as women.

More likely they started out as a child.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Jingthing's perspective on this topic is invaluable because gay men are just not into ladyboys.

Some gay men are--CLEARLY--into gay transvestites or transexuals. Ladyboys are not females.

Let's remember our science class:

Female - a person bearing two X chromosomes. I'm fairly sure that definition has not changed.

Homosexuality - romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same gender.

Not wanting to admit that you are gay does not make you straight.

Yawn.....

Let's just skip 200 pages and go back to the start then..... have you learnt nothing at all?

• Like 1

If you find this attractive you are more likely into cross-dressing.

No, if you find your wife dressed as a man sexually attractive you are into cross dressing.

If you find Arnold sexually attractive--in whatever state of dress--you are gay (or bi...)

This subject would be fantastic for a documentary on Thailand and tourism. There was another article recently about Ladyboys being allowed to dress as girls for a graduation ceremony at a school or university. Where else in the world would this be allowed or happen? It would cause an uproar in every place I can think of, except in Thailand. If the moral constraints of society are relaxed, people will do a lot of things they secretly want to do, like have sex with a transgender, where if they did so openly in their own country they would be labeled or attacked, mostly likely.

You are slightly wrong here, there was a case this summer In the UK where a "boy" legally won the right to sit his exams in a dress.

More than slightly wrong. Transgender people openly live their lives dressed as their true sex in a number of countries these days. Not saying it is easy for those who can't pass as the new sex. Thailand is not as advanced as many people think. Gay and trans people are openly mocked on Thai t.v, by leading Thai politicians, and they don't enjoy any legal protections against discrimination. Trans people can't change their IDs to their true sex which is something which trans Thai activists have identified as their first primary goal. They aren't even close to winning it.

That might be true. But Thailand is the first country that truely ACCEPTS lady boys, gay, lesbian, etc. in lots of other countries they are 'endulged' to live. Might even have rights, but seeing the latest homophobic attacs here (belgium) those laws don't mean squat. People still die, even if the attackers are in jail.

I would rather be accepted then endulged, even with a law promising to prosecute all discriminators or attackers.

Jingthing's perspective on this topic is invaluable because gay men are just not into ladyboys.

Some gay men are--CLEARLY--into gay transvestites or transexuals. Ladyboys are not females.

Let's remember our science class:

Female - a person bearing two X chromosomes. I'm fairly sure that definition has not changed.

Homosexuality - romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same gender.

Not wanting to admit that you are gay does not make you straight.

Yawn.....

Let's just skip 200 pages and go back to the start then..... have you learnt nothing at all?

Have you learnt nothing at all?

started out as a child.

I mean just prior to surgery.

Transgendering is not a process that starts with surgery (as an adult). In many cases it "finishes" --after a very long time-- with surgery.

Edited by Morakot

But JT is only one gay man. Admittedly, I have a gay friend who shares JT's viewpoint, so that makes two gay men. tongue.png

My real point is why gay men don't want to let ladyboys into the "club"?

It's a little like immigration. Once settled and comfortable, many immigrants (Canada, Australia etc) want to raise the drawbridge...

If this subject was in the gay forum it would hardly get a look. The response here is more than enough proof it deserves to be in the open.

This topic gets lots of posts here, because there are a few gay members and ladyboy lovers insisting that having sex with a dude and his penis is straight as long as he wears a dress and puts on some makeup. The vast majority of straight men reject this and do not consider it to be straight. That is where the discussion comes from.

If ladyboy posts were allowed in the gay forum, the forum would be flooded with them I'm sure. Which is probably why they have that policy to begin with

Ladyboys are the post-modern woman. We will eventually be in the age of android wives, cloned super humans, and all that other shit anyway. Ladyboys are a wonderful Darwinian aberration. In Buddhism, they are trapped between incarnations as female/male, which we will all go through as well. Transsexuals have been around since ancient times. In Greece, it was Hermaphroditus who was bound with the body of a water nymph named Salmacis. There are ongoing debates over certain bas reliefs at Angkor Wat containing images of ladyboys on the temple itself. They have been here since the beginning. Probably here to stay. Unsless you are into them, you just won't get it. Gay men don't like LB mongers, Straights think they are gay, nobody but other LB fans seem to get ther attraction. Live and let live is all I can say. Enjoy LOS for all of it's truly unique delights....or don't, and move on.

Edited by Svengoolie
  • Like 1

How dare you infer the females do not also excel in those areas....... After all are they not virtual Sofia Vergara's ??

I'm daring. I'll go a step further too - if your girl is exceptional at the above endeavours, she's probably a bargirl with a ton of experience. If she is not an ex-bargirl, she's been around the town a few too many times.

This topic gets lots of posts here, because there are a few gay members and ladyboy lovers insisting that having sex with a dude and his penis is straight as long as he wears a dress and puts on some makeup.

Not all ladyboys have a penis.

This topic gets lots of posts here, because there are a few gay members and ladyboy lovers insisting that having sex with a dude and his penis is straight as long as he wears a dress and puts on some makeup.

But they all have a Y chromosome.

Have you learnt nothing at all?

Nothing from you.

You're just repeating the standard mantra that ladyboys are men and paste Wikipedia definitions in the hope it will give the impression that you are enlightened.

But they all have a Y chromosome.

Relevant? Most people never ever check this (for the purpose of sexual activity). Do you?

Edited by Morakot